Sponsored

What did you do to your Ranger today?

Ugly_Betty

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2021
Threads
5
Messages
145
Reaction score
626
Location
PNW
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Can the camera be removed leaving the mount in place to use in another vehicle?
i have two vehicles and as i do with my RD i move it between them and have the wiring hardwired in place on both vehicles.
The rear camera does come off the mount. I'm not sure about the front. (I found out about the rear camera by accident.)
Sponsored

 

Azhang253

Well-Known Member
First Name
Anthony
Joined
Sep 7, 2022
Threads
1
Messages
160
Reaction score
319
Location
SW Michigan
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
Occupation
Network Engineer
Added the ARB Summit bull bar to my Gen 6 WildTrak today. Well made, great fit and finish, and engineered along with Ford for full integration. All front sensors and front camera seamlessly relocated into the designed locations on the bar so all systems retained full functionality. Bar insets match the grille design and the bar was painted to match. It is also fully covered under the 5 year unlimited mileage warranty due to the ARB/Ford partnership… well done all the way around…

4A989079-369A-4853-86BF-2539E31119CC.webp


BFA14BAE-AAD3-4E3B-8E2D-F88A08BD82F8.webp


CDDDBD05-88F8-4615-9EC1-2B2FF9269620.webp


06A4F703-B5AE-4E36-9132-8CE57D19CB6F.webp
WOW, that looks amazing! 6G with ARB = sweet!

Done over the last week, but some pictures of the bedrug, tonneau, husky floor mats, and weathertech mud flaps. I also picked up some Bronco Big Bend take-offs, including the spare. Spare also fits! Tires came with TPMS sensors and stock Dueler AT's (255/75r17). I used forscan and followed BcP28's squish factor calculation for circumference. It worked great, speedometer was spot on with my phone's GPS.

BedRug:
IMG_0284.jpeg


Floor Mats:
IMG_0285.jpeg

IMG_0286.jpeg


Mud Flaps:
IMG_0283.jpeg


Wheels:
IMG_0282.jpeg



I have a metal2mountains mesh coming to try to protect that intercooler. Couple good pebble dents already. I'm also looking at some sill protectors and will have to get around to installing the Rostra CC.

Been contacting a few Line-X dealerships, I would LOVE to get a color matched bedliner, but it seems crazy expensive. However; I'm not in a rush, since if I'm getting a bedliner anyway, I figure I can just let the bed get scratched up lol.
 

Colo_Ranger

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2021
Threads
49
Messages
3,856
Reaction score
13,271
Location
Colorado
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
1
I hope it goes smoothly for you. I puckered up tighter than a frog when I drilled into my topper for my Rhino Rack - I can’t imagine how I’d feel drilling into my truck. :D

Good luck with the install. Have one of your helpers take pics of the process if you can.

??
it went quite smooth. Letting it sit tonight, so the silicon can set. Had one failed rivnut, but other than that, it went fine. Took about 5.5 hours and we took our time.

better pictures to come.

IMG_2196.webp


IMG_2197.webp
 

Muffin1

Well-Known Member
First Name
Rob
Joined
Sep 24, 2019
Threads
37
Messages
673
Reaction score
1,258
Location
NJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver STX 4X4 SC / 2024 XLT 4X4 Cactus Gray
WOW, that looks amazing! 6G with ARB = sweet!

Done over the last week, but some pictures of the bedrug, tonneau, husky floor mats, and weathertech mud flaps. I also picked up some Bronco Big Bend take-offs, including the spare. Spare also fits! Tires came with TPMS sensors and stock Dueler AT's (255/75r17). I used forscan and followed BcP28's squish factor calculation for circumference. It worked great, speedometer was spot on with my phone's GPS.

BedRug:
IMG_0284.jpeg


Floor Mats:
IMG_0285.jpeg

IMG_0286.jpeg


Mud Flaps:
IMG_0283.jpeg


Wheels:
IMG_0282.jpeg



I have a metal2mountains mesh coming to try to protect that intercooler. Couple good pebble dents already. I'm also looking at some sill protectors and will have to get around to installing the Rostra CC.

Been contacting a few Line-X dealerships, I would LOVE to get a color matched bedliner, but it seems crazy expensive. However; I'm not in a rush, since if I'm getting a bedliner anyway, I figure I can just let the bed get scratched up lol.
I have the Husky Liners also they do a good job keeping the carpet area clean, and love my M2M filler piece easy install and looks great.
 

Big Blue

Well-Known Member
First Name
Lee
Joined
May 5, 2020
Threads
16
Messages
3,942
Reaction score
9,420
Location
Wisconsin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
I have a metal2mountains mesh coming to try to protect that intercooler. Couple good pebble dents already.
Just so you know that is not the intercooler, it is the A/C coil. A good thing to protect also. The intercooler is up higher behind the grille.
 


Azhang253

Well-Known Member
First Name
Anthony
Joined
Sep 7, 2022
Threads
1
Messages
160
Reaction score
319
Location
SW Michigan
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
Occupation
Network Engineer
Just so you know that is not the intercooler, it is the A/C coil. A good thing to protect also. The intercooler is up higher behind the grille.
Ah thanks! I never actually looked that closely haha! Yes AC is quite important!
 

AzScorpion

Moderator
First Name
Dave
Joined
Jul 25, 2019
Threads
342
Messages
27,112
Reaction score
137,222
Location
Back Home In AZ!
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired...Full Time Slacker
Can the camera be removed leaving the mount in place to use in another vehicle?
i have two vehicles and as i do with my RD i move it between them and have the wiring hardwired in place on both vehicles.
Yes both cameras just slide right off the mounts. You'd just have to get new mounts and wiring which they do sell.
 

JaysOnTheEDGE

Well-Known Member
First Name
Jay
Joined
Oct 17, 2019
Threads
13
Messages
806
Reaction score
1,493
Location
North Carolina
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
Occupation
Office Equipment Technician
This one’s for @Glocker

NOCO Battery Maintainer Installation (It’s like a trickle charger but better)

Don't put a lot of miles on the Ranger so this was long overdue. I think this unit was like $30 with a lot of good reviews. Spent a couple hours installing this NOCO BM. It's an onboard version, so this is where it ended up.

They provide a mounting bracket with screws but there isn't a ton of room for a screw mount so I went with zip ties (best invention ever) and it worked out.

NOCO 1.jpg


Ran the ground to the frame. I could just get the ground screw out. Had to flip the latch on the left though.

Direction say to mount it to the battery terminal but I wanted it to attach before the BMS sensor.

NOCO 2 Ground.jpg


This is kinda of top view. You can see the top zip tie. Holds very firm!

NOCO 3 top.jpg


The last part is a bit of a PITA. I ran the extension down past the radiator and around the frame. Then through the front past the ACC. Then over the frame and down in back of the bumper on the PS. And yes, zip tied it. Turned out very firm and out of the way. Done!

NOCO 4 Exit.jpg


The End ??
i just picked one of these up myself, thanks for the install pics
 

TVRangerSTX

Well-Known Member
First Name
Trevor
Joined
Oct 3, 2019
Threads
4
Messages
749
Reaction score
3,655
Location
PA
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist
WOW, that looks amazing! 6G with ARB = sweet!

Done over the last week, but some pictures of the bedrug, tonneau, husky floor mats, and weathertech mud flaps. I also picked up some Bronco Big Bend take-offs, including the spare. Spare also fits! Tires came with TPMS sensors and stock Dueler AT's (255/75r17). I used forscan and followed BcP28's squish factor calculation for circumference. It worked great, speedometer was spot on with my phone's GPS.

BedRug:
IMG_0284.jpeg


Floor Mats:
IMG_0285.jpeg

IMG_0286.jpeg


Mud Flaps:
IMG_0283.jpeg


Wheels:
IMG_0282.jpeg



I have a metal2mountains mesh coming to try to protect that intercooler. Couple good pebble dents already. I'm also looking at some sill protectors and will have to get around to installing the Rostra CC.

Been contacting a few Line-X dealerships, I would LOVE to get a color matched bedliner, but it seems crazy expensive. However; I'm not in a rush, since if I'm getting a bedliner anyway, I figure I can just let the bed get scratched up lol.
My black Line-X color coordinates with any color! You seem to have the black and blue trim plan going on anyway?
 

Azhang253

Well-Known Member
First Name
Anthony
Joined
Sep 7, 2022
Threads
1
Messages
160
Reaction score
319
Location
SW Michigan
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
Occupation
Network Engineer
My black Line-X color coordinates with any color! You seem to have the black and blue trim plan going on anyway?
Very true! I just hate to cover up the awesome velocity blue and I thought that color matched would be cool. I also saw @GregP color matched LineX when searching the forum
379ED847-43BD-479C-9C56-1C530C3574C0.webp
 

KJRR

Well-Known Member
First Name
KJ
Joined
Feb 1, 2020
Threads
14
Messages
2,022
Reaction score
10,473
Location
Cleveland, OH
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
Evicted Little Bastard, the squirrel I named. He took up residence in my hood.
20230311_135235.jpg

20230311_142118.jpg
20230311_140059.jpg

20230311_143555.jpg

I'll be doing a full writeup as I continue my quest to eliminate Little Bastard.
 
 








Top