First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Dave teases but you have to know that he really wants to move out of the heat of the valley and move to a location that is about 5,000 feet in elevation, is in the midst of a hugh Ponderosa forest, gets little snow and is much cooler that Phoenix area. Chris loves the Prescott area but you should consider Payson as I know Dave is secretly considering.
You're right I am. I can't seem to get this little voice out of my head about going up to Payson. 😁 Actually me and Annie (on our long drives) have been discussing this. We're going to take a look up in Payson and out in Prescott Valley where Chris is hopefully in the fall.
Sponsored

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Sorry Dave I didn’t mean hijack your thread of a most excellent adventure.
I will do a thorough damper inspection of Chris M’s truck, if so equipped and we run into each other in return.
I am of the damperless persuasion, thankfully.
Still have use of most of my arm muscles.
All both of them 😉

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
WOW Dave fantastic pictures and what an awesome trip so far! Thanks for all the updates and such a cool trip. Be safe and I will too as I am leaving in the morning for my trip north. I am so excited.
Thanks Mark! I hope you have a great trip too and take lots of pictures. We're going to need a few ideas for our next years trip and after talking to you earlier that sounds like a good one.

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
You're right I am. I can't seem to get this little voice out of my head about going up to Payson. 😁 Actually me and Annie (on our long drives) have been discussing this. We're going to take a look up in Payson and out in Prescott Valley where Chris is hopefully in the fall.
Had a friend move from socal to Payson and loved it. When his wife died he needed to move and went to Prescott.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
We just got to our next Airbnb here in Columbia Falls, MT. I think I've been in more rain these past few days then the 8 years I've lived in AZ! It was pouring today for over half the drive here but luckily it's just overcast up here now. But the weather forecast for Glacier has rain every day for the next 10 days with tomorrow being an 80% chance.

In Glacier you need to get the timed entry passes which went on sale for June back in early February. 🤦‍♂️ So now you either have to try at 8:00am the day before and be fast or you can go into the park after 3:00pm without one. Tomorrow morning I'll try and get one for Saturday (it's a 3 day pass) and probably just checkout the area more if it's going to rain all day. All the other days are a 30%-40% chance so we'll just plan on getting wet. The east entrance doesn't require the timed entry passes until July so once day we'll head over there.

This was a fun drive today. :confused:

IMG_1892.jpg

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
We just got to our next Airbnb here in Columbia Falls, MT. I think I've been in more rain these past few days then the 8 years I've lived in AZ! It was pouring today for over half the drive here but luckily it's just overcast up here now. But the weather forecast for Glacier has rain every day for the next 10 days with tomorrow being an 80% chance.

In Glacier you need to get the timed entry passes which went on sale for June back in early February. 🤦‍♂️ So now you either have to try at 8:00am the day before and be fast or you can go into the park after 3:00pm without one. Tomorrow morning I'll try and get one for Saturday (it's a 3 day pass) and probably just checkout the area more if it's going to rain all day. All the other days are a 30%-40% chance so we'll just plan on getting wet. The east entrance doesn't require the timed entry passes until July so once day we'll head over there.

IMG_1892.jpg
Yeah, but now you know MP2 doesn't leak.
Except around the sticker...

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Yeah, but now you know MP2 doesn't leak.
Except around the sticker...
It was a great test for the tri fold hard-tonneau cover. Going this this downpour along with the one after the rafting trip and there wasn't a drop of water back there. :whew: Good thing too because all our stuff was back there in duffel bags and they were bone dry.

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
65 YO Juvenile Delinquent
It was a great test for the tri fold hard-tonneau cover. Going this this downpour along with the one after the rafting trip and there wasn't a drop of water back there. :whew: Good thing too because all our stuff was back there in duffel bags and they were bone dry.
What cover do you have?

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
What cover do you have?
It's the one from the Ford catalog which is a rebranded Bakflip and it's actually a lot nicer than I thought.I bought it from the dealer and had them instal it before I got there. It has the rubber bumpers on the last panel so when you flip it up against the cab it won't scratch it. It also has two adjustable prop rods so when flipped up you can hold them up in place while driving with it up.

We went through a pretty good storm the other day but it was only for 20 minutes or so. Today it poured on/off fora good 3+ hours with the wind wiping around. I figured if it was going to leak today would've been the day. ⛈

Stevedbvik1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Retired
Is tha

IMG_1892.jpg
Is that with 303 on the glass?

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Is tha
Is that with 303 on the glass?
Silly question....Of course it is! 😜 No amount of 303 was going to give me a clear windshield in that storm.

It was a good test for the General Grabber tires too. We get very little rain back home in the valley so it's nice to see how they perform.

Synfulz

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Diesel :)
Occupation
Retired Powerplant Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Had a coworker retire and build a new home in Prescott. He pretty happy there.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Okay, being retired, I’ve got a bit of spare time and I’m going to put it to good use by giving Dave’s place in AZ a quick renovation. When he gets back, he won’t recognize the place!

IMG_4286.gif

There might be a bit of dust.

I’m going to rewire it free of charge. @Chris M came by and said I should go with 220. I told him “220, 221, whatever it takes.”
Sponsored