We’re Off! Arizona - Colorado - South Dakota - Colorado - Utah and Back.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
After almost 12 months of planning the first leg of our month long journey begins today in Durango, CO which is about 475 miles. We’ll stop up in Flagstaff for breakfast and top off the tank then off to Monument Valley and Mexican Hat in Southern Utah. We’ve already stopped at Four Corners on our last trip up to Durango so we’ll skip it this time as it was nice to see once but not worth stopping again.

Of course we've both been fighting a cold this week and I can never sleep the night before a trip so it'll be an interesting drive. lol I would like to say thanks again to everyone who made suggestions in the other thread as it really helped in planning this trip. Especially the UT ones where it looks like there’s so much to do in Canyonlands NP between the park itself and the off road trails surround it. I also appreciate all the texts and PM’s in the past few days wishing us well along the way. :like: :fistbump:

Edit:
Here's the link to all the places we stayed along the way. Hopefully this will help others who are traveling though these areas.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/we’re-off-arizona-colorado-south-dakota-colorado-utah-and-back.20075/post-444537
Sponsored

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
that sounds like an awesome adventure! take lots of pictures and videos for us.
I hope so. lol Even if I don't take pictures my gf will take enough for both. Last time I looked she had over 6,000 pics on her phone. :shock:

I hope your mom is doing well Mark and the stress for yourself is easing up a little. We'll continue to pray for a speedy recovery!?

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Have a great trip Dave. I hope you love every minute of it. It sounds like the kind of great adventure that will produce a million smiles and many memorable moments for you both.

Of course, we want to see pics and hear all about it.

Stay safe and enjoy!

LT Dangle

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FX4 (RIP), 21 Tremor, 20 Edge ST, Couple HD's
Occupation
Trophy Husband / "Sanitation Worker" / Army Vet
After almost 12 months of planning our first leg of our month long journey begins today in Durango, CO which is about 475 miles. We’ll stop up in Flagstaff for breakfast and top off the tank then off to Monument Valley and Mexican Hat in Southern Utah. We’ve already stopped at Four Corners on our last trip up to Durango so we’ll skip it this time as it was nice to see once but not worth stopping again.

Of course we've both been fighting a cold this week and I can never sleep the night before a trip so it'll be an interesting drive. lol I would like to say thanks again to everyone who made suggestions in the other thread as it really helped in planning this trip. Especially the UT ones where it looks like there’s so much to do in Canyonlands NP between the park itself and the off road trails surround it. I also appreciate all the texts and PM’s in the past few days wishing us well along the way. :like: :fistbump:
Safe travels and make sure to keep at least 3 wheels on the ground :cool::cool:??

puckdodger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Lariat 2020 SOLD Black Cadillac XT5
Enjoy your trip Dave, safe travels!!

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
Great! He's gone, our big toe is off on an adventure. Let's get out the politics talk.
Which way does your Ranger lean?
And there's a deal on 909 micromax nautical treatment. Works much better than that other numbered product.

LT Dangle

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FX4 (RIP), 21 Tremor, 20 Edge ST, Couple HD's
Occupation
Trophy Husband / "Sanitation Worker" / Army Vet
Have a Great trip Dave. Don't look at your gas receipts it will dishearten an incredible trip you have planned. Stay safe and enjoy :like:
its gotta be better there then here.... on my way into work today I saw $5.49 for regular...?

Ive got to fill up on my way home... I'll stop at one of my go to "cheap" stations and update on how bad it is... there's A LOT of price fluctuation around me..

Last edited:
OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Enjoy your trip. If u go missing, don't worry, Duke will find you.
You're right, I forgot we have our own private detective here on R5G. :inspect:

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
After almost 12 months of planning our first leg of our month long journey begins today in Durango, CO which is about 475 miles. We’ll stop up in Flagstaff for breakfast and top off the tank then off to Monument Valley and Mexican Hat in Southern Utah. We’ve already stopped at Four Corners on our last trip up to Durango so we’ll skip it this time as it was nice to see once but not worth stopping again.

Safe travels Dave! Don't forget to stop and get a picture alongside the worlds largest beetle in Colorado, worlds largest pheasant in South Dakota along with the Corn palace & Wall Drug and the giant Jackalope!

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
After almost 12 months of planning the first leg of our month long journey begins today in Durango, CO which is about 475 miles. We’ll stop up in Flagstaff for breakfast and top off the tank then off to Monument Valley and Mexican Hat in Southern Utah. We’ve already stopped at Four Corners on our last trip up to Durango so we’ll skip it this time as it was nice to see once but not worth stopping again.

Hi Dave,

Safe travels! Enjoy the sights of a long trip...take lots of pix!

Best,
Phil