First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Machinist
This one is a Scamp13 Deluxe... all oak interior with Bathroom ,shower, surround sound, basically everything the house has... Just under 2000 pounds as equipped and ready to leave the driveway..

Eggy-Sue inside 006.jpg

Eggy-Sue inside 008.jpg

Pic009.JPG

DSCF0034.JPG
That Scamp is like the Dr. Who telephone booth. a lot bigger on the inside than the outside.???
Sponsored

Gazmic

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Machinist
Hey guys,

First post here. Been lurking for about a week lol. I just got a new to me 2019 Ranger 4x2 with 41k miles on it. I ordered a 2023 Maverick Hybrid, for a work truck (I’m a homebuilder or home superintendent or professional babysitter, whatever you want to call it) so it’s more daily driver, tool hauler, small amounts of lumber moving sort of vehicle that I need. I ended up finding a good deal with this ranger, and honestly, I think I’ll stick with it. It’s more of an actual truck, and going from driving an f150 all the time, feels more of a winner for me.

I’ve seen on here about transmission issues so I plan to check mine this weekend to see if it’s low or not. It shifts okay but they feel a little harsh to me, but that may be just because I’m not used to a 10 speed.

overall I was curious if there was a general consensus on the pre-pandemic ranger being built a bit better or may be just my imagination? Hoping I made a good decision and all lol.

Appreciate y’alls time and feedback.
Welcome to the Forums! It wouldn't suprise me if the pre plandemic trucks were a little more reliable. Search the list of deleted items on this forum and you'll probably be glad to have picked up a 19.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys,

First post here. Been lurking for about a week lol. I just got a new to me 2019 Ranger 4x2 with 41k miles on it. I ordered a 2023 Maverick Hybrid, for a work truck (I’m a homebuilder or home superintendent or professional babysitter, whatever you want to call it) so it’s more daily driver, tool hauler, small amounts of lumber moving sort of vehicle that I need. I ended up finding a good deal with this ranger, and honestly, I think I’ll stick with it. It’s more of an actual truck, and going from driving an f150 all the time, feels more of a winner for me.

I’ve seen on here about transmission issues so I plan to check mine this weekend to see if it’s low or not. It shifts okay but they feel a little harsh to me, but that may be just because I’m not used to a 10 speed.

overall I was curious if there was a general consensus on the pre-pandemic ranger being built a bit better or may be just my imagination? Hoping I made a good decision and all lol.

Appreciate y’alls time and feedback.
Hard to compare with anything Ford has built since then, but my 2019 Ranger has had no mechanical issues over its first 25,000 miles. So, yeah, we "made a good decision and all"!

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the welcome! I’ll try the sport sometime. Mine had no recalls on it, is a TSB different? Also I have seen the damper wars lol. I will probably not get one as I tend to loop the cables over the latches fairly often to get an angle for transporting lumber and such. I plan to put a rack on the bed and roof next year so maybe I’ll add a damper after that lol. Also here are some not very good photos lol. I love it so far overall though.

98AA264E-B574-44EC-AB56-9A4E87BA8447.jpeg

48D899CA-E132-4ACD-9638-230F462E8E21.jpeg

555A67AA-0C01-4F91-B79F-DBFF86DF6890.jpeg

5EA8E766-76A0-44C9-9C12-EB92B6DDCDE8.jpeg
Looking good, buddy, in fact, looking a lot like my truck! On these comparison shots, it is interesting to see how the new "mid-sized" Rangers are not much smaller than the older "full-sized" 150s!

OP
OP
MacMantis

MacMantis

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Home Builder
Looking good, buddy, in fact, looking a lot like my truck! On these comparison shots, it is interesting to see how the new "mid-sized" Rangers are not much smaller than the older "full-sized" 150s!
I know right? It feels smaller, but not by much than I was used to in my 03 and 07 f150s. Definitely feels tighter on handling by a mile though lol.

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
I know right? It feels smaller, but not by much than I was used to in my 03 and 07 f150s. Definitely feels tighter on handling by a mile though lol.
Wait until you take it on a forest road or a really rough dirt road. My 08 f150 was trying to shake loose parts off. This thing is crazy smooth.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I have a 21 that was built in March 2021. No issues other than me finding money to spend on mods.?
Stop it we all know you're loaded! :wink:

This is how Bob spends his Friday nights. ?

Money Snow Angel.gif

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
Stop it we all know you're loaded! :wink:

This is how Bob spends his Friday nights. ?

Money Snow Angel.gif
I was trying to stay on the down low, dammit!!!!?

Never know where the tax man lurks......

WNCblueridge

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger supercab
Occupation
Goat herder
Consensus is the first year new model builds are typically more problematic however the 2019 5g may be better. My theory was waiting until 2021 model to have all the kinks worked out but got all the deletes. At least mine still has the hood struts LoL. Production build date 6/21.

puckdodger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Lariat 2020 SOLD Black Cadillac XT5
I have had no issues whatsoever with my truck.

However, the one thing that worries me about it is it's Oct 2020 build date.
mine is Oct/20 also. What worries you? mine has been pretty good so far, aside from the driveshaft bearing. I think we got most of the original content as well. Build quality seems to be holding up over the last couple years and 17,000 miles. I would say I'm a generally satisfied customer, whoever buys my truck in the spring will be getting a nice 3 year old truck like the OP bought.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
mine is Oct/20 also. What worries you? mine has been pretty good so far, aside from the driveshaft bearing. I think we got most of the original content as well. Build quality seems to be holding up over the last couple years and 17,000 miles. I would say I'm a generally satisfied customer, whoever buys my truck in the spring will be getting a nice 3 year old truck like the OP bought.
Jim, You're getting rid of your Ranger in the spring?

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
What worries me?

Have you bought anything or been anywhere in the last 3 years?

People can't even put a $15 fast food meal together correctly anymore. Trying to operate a business in environment has been difficult accross the board. Ford certainly hasn't been immune to this.

For example look at the windshield recall.

Like I said, my truck has been problem free. But I wouldn't be surprised if I get a recall about SOMETHING.

Pinecrestjim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2018 F-150, 2016 Escape
2019 was the best year for the 5g model, and hot pepper red units received the most attention to details.

(from a non-biased member :sunglasses:)

Elgorr4

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XL
Late 2021s is where it is at.... Still has the hood struts.
Yeah the hood struts are the one deleted item I would be really pissed about. My early 21 has them thankfully. Tie downs, badges, lights etc don't really bother me and the rocker plugs were easy enough to add.
Sponsored