Where are the Mexican Rangers built?

One life live it

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep JK 1985 (2008) Landrover Defender 110
Hi Ranger fans, I’m new to the forum, I’ve been reading a lot on the new Ranger.

I have been lucky enough to drive the 3.2 6spd (real men use 3 pedals) in the UK and EU, with full roll-cage. Very cool looks factory. (Thinking about importing them).

I’m trying to figure out where the Mexican Rangers are assembled, if made in a North American assembly plant that meets USA/Canadian crash standers I should be able to bring it to Canada.

The sticker on the door jam. With the engine 3.2 if ford is using the transit 3.2L it meets EPA Regs, so it is good. If Ford won’t bring it to us we go get them.

Thanks for your thoughts.
Sponsored

tentspast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
ROW models are also built in South Africa and Brazil... Brazil would make sense

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Hi Ranger fans, I’m new to the forum, I’ve been reading a lot on the new Ranger.

I have been lucky enough to drive the 3.2 6spd (real men use 3 pedals) in the UK and EU, with full roll-cage. Very cool looks factory. (Thinking about importing them).

I’m trying to figure out where the Mexican Rangers are assembled, if made in a North American assembly plant that meets USA/Canadian crash standers I should be able to bring it to Canada.

The sticker on the door jam. With the engine 3.2 if ford is using the transit 3.2L it meets EPA Regs, so it is good. If Ford won’t bring it to us we go get them.

Thanks for your thoughts.
Rangers for Central and South America are produced at Ford Motor: Bueno Aires, Argentina.
although the 3.2L is used in here and in those markets, FMA may not have the capability to build that motor to US EPA spec. Also, some vehicles destined for Central/S. American countries would not pass rigorous NHTSA crash standards, even though they may look like versions sold here.
You could probably import one here, but I would guess the paperwork needed to get it certified & registered for use in the US or Canada would be beyond the payload capacity of the truck!
IMHO part of the reason, maybe a small part, that Ford doesn't offer more choices for the US/Canadian Rangers (regular cabs, diesels, other gasoline engines, manual transmissions) is that they want to keep marketing it as a "lifestyle" vehicle and avoid canibalizing F-Series sales; same thinking applies for GM.
Sponsored