Were 2019 Rangers Built Better?

alpine_jay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger
Why did you have to pay for the whole tow?
I was in between two dealerships. I called Ford roadside, and they said they would have towed me further away from my destination (home) because it was the (barely) closer dealership. I would have had to arrange some way to get back home (about 2.5 hours away). Then I would have had to find a way to get back there once the repairs were done, which would have taken up the better part of a day, and someone else's time.

Going without Ford roadside, I had it towed back to my home dealership and ride back with it saving a ton of hassle. I kept my AAA (CAA) membership after buying the truck so that helped, but it was still outside my tow area so I had to kick in some extra $ to get it back home.
Sponsored

Theslim_spaydee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT (she gone) 2022 BD Bronco
Occupation
Finance
Just got rid of my low mileage 2019. Had zero issues with it outside of the pesky deer that decided life was better not living back in 2020.

moorejl57

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4, 501A, fully damped
Occupation
Engineer
Just got rid of my low mileage 2019. Had zero issues with it outside of the pesky deer that decided life was better not living back in 2020.
I think about getting a brush guard almost every day to act as a deer swatter. Lots and lots of deer here in Oregon. I hit a deer in the Santa Cruz CA hills in my 1959 Volvo and spun out in the process.

bahkack19

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 XLT
Vehicle Showcase
2019 FX4 XLT w/numerous mods (no tunes). 52k so far and no issues. Mostly highway commuting but lots of weekend wheeling and camping.

Annoyed the parking brake boot has a crack in it, and I get some cold weather rattling from the dash. Transmission*feels* like it shifts a little harsher than I'd prefer, but I'm sure a tune would fix it.

I absolutely love this truck, I'll drive it to 150k+

Todd Chapin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 crewcab lariat fx4
Occupation
Chef
I think about getting a brush guard almost every day to act as a deer swatter. Lots and lots of deer here in Oregon. I hit a deer in the Santa Cruz CA hills in my 1959 Volvo and spun out in the process.
A bumper replacement might minimize a deer hit, but a bolt on brush gaurd can actually make a deer hit worse. Sorry to be Debbie Downer

Rene Michaels

First Name
SOLD IT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew 4X2 5' Box Lariat
No issues with my 2019 4x2 Lariat at 59K miles (with all my mods). Mostly city/highway with very minor off-road driving. Still love my truck as I did the day I bought it!

DakotaGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger SuperCrew XLT Tremor
I had a 2019 and now have a 2022. Other then some of the de-contenting they did (the prop rod works fine), the overall fit and finish is better on the 2022.
Sponsored