Wash n’ wax

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
I've only hose and bucket washed it once , i mainly use waterless wash . I was doing it about twice a month until rainy season hit, now it rains everyday and its really hot. sometimes i'll go out with bucket or soapy water and give it a sponge over while its raining and let the rain rinse it down.

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
I was at Ace the other day grabbing some other supplies for the house and decided to swing by their automotive and cleaners aisles, I didn't see much, but I asked the guy who was helping me if they had anything somewhere else, and his suggestion was "Just use Simple Green, I've been using it for 40 years" and the cringe I had when I heard that was unrivaled.

I picked up a bottle of this to use in my power washer for now, I'm still working on what I'm going to do for towels/utensils to wash it, the last wash was just a spray and clean since it was detailed by another local Ranger owner who also works in detailing. https://www.amazon.com/Mothers-05610-Triple-Action-Foam/dp/B07K44KJ1X

Eventually I'm going to look into a ceramic coating, whether self-applied or otherwise.

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Somewhere between ME and AZ, depends on the season
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat with BAP, Tow and FX4
Occupation
Semi-retired, lazy bum/tramp, formerly Sys admin in a toxic work environment
IMG_20200713_082743.jpg

After two days of driving up and down Sandwich Notch road, I gave it a bath. Used Rain-X foaming car wash and dried with micro-fiber towels. Looks much better.

Whiskeybilt

First Name
Jamison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger
Occupation
chef
I start off with fresh mountain spring water from the Peruvian Andes Mountains to soften the dirt and gently rinse the exterior. I then use a specially blended formula of car shampoo made by Shaolin Monks that is made with lavender, aloe and carnuba essences and that is specially formulated to achieve pH neutrality. I then use chamois skins from the rare Manx Loaghtan sheep hides, found only on the Isle of Man. One sheep per wash and then they are tossed out. But hey, that's just me.
I pay a crackhead $10 to bucket wash it once a week and tell him not to touch the windows.

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
I go to the spray car wash and either hit it with the soap or just rinse it, then dry it immediately. I like quick waxes and can't imagine that I can get much more shine or reflection with something more time consuming or by using a buffer, maybe magnetic just is more reflective :) Water in our little town is so hard I would probably never wash it at home, Water at the spray car wash is almost as hard and if one lets it dry on its own (fool me once) even after the so called spot-free rinse the water spots stood up to quick detailers and some of the several quick waxes I use. Couldn't get the recommended water spot remover that was recco'd on this forum as the shipping was 1-2 months. I finally found some Chemical Guys Blazin Banana Spray Wax, wasn't too expensive (I have a least 5 other different spray waxes) and it did a pretty good job on the water spots.

TX214

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Analyst
I did a complete wash and wax this weekend. I used Clean Slate by Chemical Guys to get rid of any previous waxes that maybe the dealer tried to apply and then clay bared the vehicle. Then I applied a ceramic coat and then a sealant right over that and finished it off with just a spray detailer to touch up anything I missed. I sat on the steps just starring because it did come out really good.

Murphie

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X2, 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe
Occupation
Financial Auditor - Retired
Depends on my mood, the weather, and/or how dirty the Ranger (or our Sonata) is. I do like to hand wash a vehicle, using a decent - but not decadent brand of car wash. But the drive thru car wash nearest to us is really nice, and for $8, it's really hard not to use them. In addition to being a very good car wash, they also provide a shaded area to use for any additional attention your vehicle needs, and even provides towels to use.

TVRangerSTX

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist
Depends on my mood, the weather, and/or how dirty the Ranger (or our Sonata) is. I do like to hand wash a vehicle, using a decent - but not decadent brand of car wash. But the drive thru car wash nearest to us is really nice, and for $8, it's really hard not to use them. In addition to being a very good car wash, they also provide a shaded area to use for any additional attention your vehicle needs, and even provides towels to use.
I love those new fangled car washes! Cleaners, vac's, and microfiber under a shaded roof. Always used one when I traveled to Birmingham, AL... get a lot of crap in 900 miles. But they're hard to find around eastern PA. Sounds like a golden business opportunity?

Dan Keil

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4
Occupation
Walmart Associate
The third day I had my new truck, I spent $15 and bought Maguire's Ceramic. I washed my truck and after applied it to my truck. I then rinsed it again. My truck shines every day, and if a bird hits it, I just squirt it off.
I also treated the interior with nanotech. Now my truck is protected!

Joel_C

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Fx4 Ranger
Occupation
Manager
Have been using Superior Formula 4 Spray Wax since new.
I wash the car 1 section at a time starting from top.
Rinse the soap. Spray Superior with the bottle (YouTube / read directions for ratio, I think I use 4:1).
Let sit for about 20 seconds. Quick rinse again.
In Florida weather, I can take my time washing whole truck with no spots whatsoever.
Leaves a clean, non-residue shine.
Ordered from O'Reilly auto parts cause much cheaper than Amazon.
The whole gallon will last probably a year washing once a week.
Great stuff. Highly recommend.
A few YouTube videos from car detailer showing the product.
20200717_075054.jpg
20200717_075059.jpg
20200717_075139.jpg
20200717_094322.jpg

OP
OP

Roy Johnson

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew Cab Hot Chili Pepper Red
Occupation
Chef
Some times when I get dirty. I just leave it that way a couple of days.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
I start off with fresh mountain spring water from the Peruvian Andes Mountains to soften the dirt and gently rinse the exterior. I then use a specially blended formula of car shampoo made by Shaolin Monks that is made with lavender, aloe and carnuba essences and that is specially formulated to achieve pH neutrality. I then use chamois skins from the rare Manx Loaghtan sheep hides, found only on the Isle of Man. One sheep per wash and then they are tossed out. But hey, that's just me.
Don't forget the tears of angels for the final rinse off...;)
Sponsored