OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Oh hey look, a new vehicle comes out and the majority of the 5g forum hates it. What a shocker...
Every single thread on here talking about a new vehicle, of any make or model, is riddled with "this is ugly", "I hate it", "it looks just like X other vehicle", etc. Some of you guys are so judgmental and obsessed with looks. Very little of the threads are focused on the things that actually matter (in my opinion at least) like capabilities and functions. I for one don't care what my vehicle looks like, as long as it meets all my needs. I actually think my 5g is one of the least good looking mid-size trucks out there, inside and out. But I still have one, because who cares about that when it has the best towing, payload, efficiency, and other truck related features.

There, rant over...
For the same reason I never dated ugly women. And I am not talking eye of the beholder type women I am talking about clearly got ran over with the ugly dump truck. If the chemistry ain't there I ain't buying.

In this particular case I ain't buying a $50,000 ugly truck even if it has a super nice personality metaphorically speaking.

There, rant over...

Edit; now I would consider taking that ugly thing for a spin if you're willing to buy the ride for me.
Sponsored

Last edited:

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
I see a feud coming between 5G owners and 6G owners in the future. None of you better sell out and pick one of these up. I just donā€™t know if we can be friends after that.
It has already sort of started in reference to 6G threads appearing at the top of the forum. Some of us have inquired why this is even a thing.

Shoran12

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger STX
Occupation
Millwright
It has already sort of started in reference to 6G threads appearing at the top of the forum. Some of us have inquired why this is even a thing.
Ok, I just now realized that. They need to be at the bottom. Damn truck isnā€™t even in production yet and theyā€™re already trying to takeover. Bunch of sellouts ?

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, I just now realized that. They need to be at the bottom. Damn truck isnā€™t even in production yet and theyā€™re already trying to takeover. Bunch of sellouts ?
It really wouldn't be much of a problem if this forum had the options available that most other forums I belong to have namely the ability to filter the thread feed at the top based on personal preference set by the user.

And sometimes question lack of standard features on this form that have pretty much become the standard across others but I don't pay the light bill here so they can do what they want

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
ya not a fan i know some people will like it but it just blends in now where the 5th gen legit looks like it doesnt belong in the us and thats what i like about it so much
I agree with you on not a fan. I don't get the people that don't think the 5G is trucky or manly enough. Is it because it doesnā€™t have a huge massive grille and big square headlights? Look at the renderings for the new Taco, look at the new GM twins, if anything I think they are taking ques from the 5G. Why does the Ranger need to look like the F150? Do the GM twins look like their full size trucks? The C shaped lights have been done already, by GM. And what makes the 5G not look like it belongs in the US? I it because it's been in the ROW for so long?

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SR5 access cab, 98 Civic ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Occupation
professional anime watcher!
Vehicle Showcase
I agree with you on not a fan. I don't get the people that don't think the 5G is trucky or manly enough. Is it because it doesnā€™t have a huge massive grille and big square headlights? Look at the renderings for the new Taco, look at the new GM twins, if anything I think they are taking ques from the 5G. Why does the Ranger need to look like the F150? Do the GM twins look like their full size trucks? The C shaped lights have been done already, by GM. And what makes the 5G not look like it belongs in the US? I it because it's been in the ROW for so long?
ya idk but that is standard argument with any midsize truck tbh.. pointless to try and understand it lol

the reason to me why it dosent look like it belongs is its shape and overall size, the truck has a bit more sleek look to and a skinny but taller profile so its not super wide vs here in the states everything here seems to be wide and short

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
the reason to me why it dosent look like it belongs is its shape and overall size, the truck has a bit more sleek look to and a skinny but taller profile so its not super wide vs here in the states everything here seems to be wide and short
It's a mid size truck! It's already gotten as big as a two generation old F150 in every dimension except width. If you want a full size truck, buy a full size truck. Then don't complain when it is hard to park or doesn't fit in your garage. And what does looking sleek have to do with anything. When I bought my 2019 I had people stope in parking lots to ask me about it. Of course thr Lightening Blue color didnā€™t hurt either. :wink:?:like:

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SR5 access cab, 98 Civic ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Occupation
professional anime watcher!
Vehicle Showcase
It's a mid size truck! It's already gotten as big as a two generation old F150 in every dimension except width. If you want a full size truck, buy a full size truck. Then don't complain when it is hard to park or doesn't fit in your garage. And what does looking sleek have to do with anything. When I bought my 2019 I had people stope in parking lots to ask me about it. Of course thr Lightening Blue color didnā€™t hurt either. :wink:?:like:
oh trust me i never fully understood the full size truck thing lol ive always had mid size or smaller trucks

idk how to explain it on why sleek has something to do with it but its body lines just look foreign like it belongs in Australia and not here in the us idk how to explain it really lol

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
I have been wanting a new Ranger since the 5G made its debut in other markets in 2012. Then NA 5G came with no SuperCrew/longbed configurationā€¦ disappointed again. So pining away for 6G Ranger still hopefully for a SuperCrew/longbed configuration, especially after seeing that configuration in prototype form.

Now these images show up and I really donā€™t like the front bumper and the blacked out piece below the grill. Just looks like a cheap over-styled add on! The 5G bumper integration looks much better! I never thought Iā€™d say this, but I might have to wait and see what the next Tacoma has to offer???

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I have been wanting a new Ranger since the 5G made its debut in other markets in 2012. Then NA 5G came with no SuperCrew/longbed configurationā€¦ disappointed again. So pining away for 6G Ranger still hopefully for a SuperCrew/longbed configuration, especially after seeing that configuration in prototype form.

Now these images show up and I really donā€™t like the front bumper and the blacked out piece below the grill. Just looks like a cheap add on! The 5G bumper integration looks much better! I never thought Iā€™d say this, but I might have to wait and see what the next Tacoma has to offer???
Here's a link with some pics of the new TRD Pro renderings.

https://www.tacoma4g.com/forum/threads/our-2024-toyota-tacoma-trd-pro-preview-renderings.1250/

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
Soooo happy I didnā€™t wait. Not a fan of the looks of that Gen6.
Agreed. And initially I expected to like it more. But wanted a '23 to avoid the new MY wait, production hiccups, dealer games, etc. But seriously glad I ordered a '23 now that we are seeing what the new one looks like.

Not hating on it. Just not a big fan. Might change once we can actually see a few in the flesh.

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
I kinda said the same about the 5G, that I wasn't keen on its looks. And at first it was the same with 6G, but I learned to like both. I think that the 'change factor' is at play in that we got used to seeing the 5G, and the 6G is a change we were not expecting.
Sponsored