jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SR5 access cab, 98 Civic ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Occupation
professional anime watcher!
Vehicle Showcase
IDK but when I'm spending $50k+ it better look good too. Sure looks aren't everything but for me I have to like the look or I'm not interested in it at all. I don't care about towing or payload as I don't tow or haul anything heavy. Comfort is a huge factor and the seats and overall ergonomics of the interior better be great too. When I look at the new Tacoma all I see are the God ugly square wheel wells! You have round tires yet they add these square wheel wells? ?

1675807488088.png
yaaa idk why people are going back to the square fenders like yes it can look more aggressive but still its just a bleh look
Sponsored

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
yaaa idk why people are going back to the square fenders like yes it can look more aggressive but still its just a bleh look
To me it just looks goofy. While I know there are more important things than looks I still have to like the look of my vehicle. Plus I hate Tacomas so there's that too. lol :puke:

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
To me it just looks goofy. While I know there are more important things than looks I still have to like the look of my vehicle. Plus I hate Tacomas so there's that too. lol :puke:
im with you on that ive never been able to understand people who buy a vehicle and they state they dont like the look!? like why the hell buy it then???

i still like the tacoma but tbh its only 2015 and older really.... 2.5 gen 2nd gen and 1st gen about it

RangerPNW

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Project Manager
Hey now, if you don't like how your truck looks sitting in your driveway...then you've bought the wrong truck. And I'm with you, the new ones look odd. Kind of like an F-150 was in the dryer too long

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
sooo if you like cars/trucks/bikes and are a gear head you will have to like the exterior and the features it provides as well so everytime you walk away you look back and go damn thats mine i love it. buuuuuuuuuut you sound like it gets me to point A-B type of person and does somethings i need.... such a damn yawn man.... you will never fully enjoy a vehicle if that is your mentality towards it....
I wouldn't say that because there are some who just don't care all that much about the looks of their vehicles. I know many who could care less about what color their vehicle is and to me that is a must have on my list. But the old saying is true "beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

Personally I love the look of the 5G and think it's the nicest of all the mid size trucks. I always get compliments on my Ranger more so than any other truck I've owned. Must be all the Graphene. ?

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Hey now, if you don't like how your truck looks sitting in your driveway...then you've bought the wrong truck.
Are you kidding I love my truck. :inlove: Annie gets so mad because I'm always taking pictures of it and if you look in my photos there's more of my Ranger than of her.?:lipssealed:

RangerPNW

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Project Manager
Are you kidding I love my truck. :inlove: Annie gets so mad because I'm always taking pictures of it and if you look in my photos there's more of my Ranger than of her.?:lipssealed:
It was more in reference to the new one if you bought it, but I totally get it. I find myself tempted to take a picture of mine very time I wash it cuz DAMN it looks good.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
im with you on that ive never been able to understand people who buy a vehicle and they state they dont like the look!? like why the hell buy it then???

i still like the tacoma but tbh its only 2015 and older really.... 2.5 gen 2nd gen and 1st gen about it
I should've said I hate the 3rd Gen Tacoma. The 2nd Gen was really nice and when I was looking for one back in 2015 it was right when they were changing them over. I couldn't find a 2nd Gen so I ordered a new 3rd Gen and it was nothing like the previous ones.

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn't say that because there are some who just don't care all that much about the looks of their vehicles. I know many who could care less about what color their vehicle is and to me that is a must have on my list. But the old saying is true "beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

Personally I love the look of the 5G and think it's the nicest of all the mid size trucks. I always get compliments on my Ranger more so than any other truck I've owned. Must be all the Graphene. ?
yes the ones who dont care about the looks of the vehicle and mainly only want it for the features and what it can do to benefit them and a daily life is a person who sees it as a mode of transportation to point A-B or a tool. that is my mindset on it but everyone has an opinion.

beauty in the eye of the beholder is very true but id say that usually works when someone likes something others dont so like the 6th gen ranger some will love how it looks! and some do vs majority here prefer our gen so that saying still holds true beauty is in the eye of the beholder

i dont get the ones who are fine with any color tbh lol i always have at least 4 colors that id like to have and if i can have one of them im happy but the rest are a hard no lol

agreed i love how this truck looks it looks foreign to me like it doesnt belong here so its different from the typical truck i see on the road plus i dont see many of them around me and when i do none of them are modified all stock

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I should've said I hate the 3rd Gen Tacoma. The 2nd Gen was really nice and when I was looking for one back in 2015 it was right when they were changing them over. I couldn't find a 2nd Gen so I ordered a new 3rd Gen and it was nothing like the previous ones.
makes sense the 2nd gen was a gutless turd but it was a reliable gutless turd and it would put up with hours of abuse (ask me how i know lol) the seats still sucked in them thou haha

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
It was more in reference to the new one if you bought it, but I totally get it. I find myself tempted to take a picture of mine very time I wash it cuz DAMN it looks good.
If I can't get the Raptor I'll keep my 5G and wait and for a PHEV Ranger. At least the Ranger Raptor has a much nicer front with the 2 piece bumper.

They sure do look good all washed and detailed up. ?

IMG_3345.jpg

RangerPNW

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Project Manager
If I can't get the Raptor I'll keep my 5G and wait and for a PHEV Ranger. At least the Ranger Raptor has a much nicer front with the 2 piece bumper.

They sure do look good all washed and detailed up. ?

IMG_3345.jpg
Indeed they do, especially in that color...I wanted a Saber one so bad, but my silver one grew on me pretty fast.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Indeed they do, especially in that color...I wanted a Saber one so bad, but my silver one grew on me pretty fast.
I wanted the Saber from the first time I saw the article that they were bringing the Ranger back to N'America. Then I saw the Lightning Blue and really liked that color too. The dealer had both identical trucks on the lot and it was a tough decision but I'm glad I went with Saber as it's a rare color.

One nice thing about silver is that it doesn't show the dirt and dust like these darker ones. But out here everyone has either a silver or white vehicle so I wanted to be different.

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I wanted the Saber from the first time I saw the article that they were bringing the Ranger back to N'America. Then I saw the Lightning Blue and really liked that color too. The dealer had both identical trucks on the lot and it was a tough decision but I'm glad I went with Saber as it's a rare color.

One nice thing about silver is that it doesn't show the dirt and dust like these darker ones. But out here everyone has either a silver or white vehicle so I wanted to be different.
saber was a really neat color but at that time frame i had no interest in a new truck lol otherwise i would have tried to get one ugh! i really wanted cactus grey but without the black appearance package and i put in a few orders to try and get one at different dealers but every single one showed up with the black appearance so i decided a light gray would be a neat switch from a dark grey and tbh after owning it this long i do really like this color

Stevedbvik1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Retired
I have a marketing slogan for that new Taco.
“ It may be slow but it sure is ugly”
Sponsored