First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Here's a few spy shots of the new 2024 Ranger. Looks like the same 2.3 4cyl turbo will be used in the new Gen and it also looks like the center screen gets a facelift. Standard is a 10.1 inch screen with a 12 inch screen option like in the Bronco. I can tell you the 12" screen is worth every penny and when I drove the Bronco that had one it was a no brainer to upgrade.

I'm not sure if we're only getting the 10 speed auto but the way they word it says "Transmission options include a six-speed manual, six-speed automatic, and 10-speed automatic gearboxes" but that might be all that are available world wide.

https://fordauthority.com/2022/12/2024-ford-ranger-supercrew-spotted-testing-photos/

As expected, this U.S. market 2024 Ford Ranger doesn’t look terribly different compared to the global version of the pickup, though this one is clad in heavy camo. The front end features the same fresh look, with Ford’s familiar C-clamp shaped headlights and a bar intersecting both of those units as well as the front grille.

Overall, the new Ranger is far edgier than the outgoing model, with sharper lines versus the current-gen pickup’s rounder appearance. Regardless, the mid-size model continues to ride on the Ford T6 Platform, which it shares with the Ford Bronco, though it also offers a wider and longer wheelbase, which improves approach angle and off-road articulation and adds usable bed space.

Inside the cabin, the next-generation Ranger has received a complete overhaul as well, with a standard 10.1-inch or optional 12-inch infotainment screen, Sync 4, and a digital instrument cluster. Many of the pickup’s physical controls have been moved to the central touchscreen, too.

In terms of powertrains, the international Ranger is available with the Ford 3.0L V6 Power Stroke, along with single turbo (in two different performance levels) and twin-turbo versions of the automaker’s 2.0L inline four-cylinder diesels. The next-gen Ranger will also continue to be available with Ford’s 2.3L EcoBoost I-4 – the only engine choice in the current-gen North American version. Transmission options include a six-speed manual, six-speed automatic, and 10-speed automatic gearboxes.

The Michigan Assembly Plant will begin building the 2024 Ranger in the spring of 2023.
1671028785741.png

1671028810923.png

1671028824701.png
Sponsored

Mostly Harmless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CG Tremor
That's a bit disappointing with engine choices. While I have no issues with the current 2.3 in the truck now, I would have expected at least a more fuel efficient choice prior to a hybrid release. Though this puts my mind at ease, the only pull I had towards the newer truck was if there was a significant change in MPG.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
That's a bit disappointing with engine choices. While I have no issues with the current 2.3 in the truck now, I would have expected at least a more fuel efficient choice prior to a hybrid release. Though this puts my mind at ease, the only pull I had towards the newer truck was if there was a significant change in MPG.
I kind of expected Ford to stay with the 2.3 with all the parts constraints we're facing now and the Ranger Raptor will have the larger motor option. They're going to be pushing EV's heavily now especially with the Ford Blue Oval city going up so I didn't expect to much for ICE options.

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
If Ford sticks with only the 2.3L for US, I highly doubt there would be anything other than the 10sp auto.

Dr_Strangelove

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 XLT Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Art & Design
True story: when I saw the look of the 2024 Ranger I mistakenly thought it was going to be the 2023 Ranger and rush-purchased a 2022 Ranger. This is because I like the fact that the Ranger is distinct from the rest of the Ford product lineup. I don't like that it looks like a "big Maverick, or a small F-150" now. I'm sick of car manufacturers trying to make their products look like matryoshka dolls.

I'm sure it will be a great and most likely superior truck to the 5gen - but I am not drawn to it in the same way I was drawn to my truck.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
True story: when I saw the look of the 2024 Ranger I mistakenly thought it was going to be the 2023 Ranger and rush-purchased a 2022 Ranger. This is because I like the fact that the Ranger is distinct from the rest of the Ford product lineup. I don't like that it looks like a "big Maverick, or a small F-150" now. I'm sick of car manufacturers trying to make their products look like matryoshka dolls.

I'm sure it will be a great and most likely superior truck to the 5gen - but I am not drawn to it in the same way I was drawn to my truck.
I'm a creature of habit and hate change. I do love our Ranger especially the body lines and I'm sure once it's finally unveiled here in the US (not wrapped up) I'll grow to love it too. There's nothing else out there I like besides the Colorado ZR2 and while I think it's getting a total makeover (the interior was bland) they're still using that terrible transmission from what I hear.
Sponsored