US-Market 2024 Ford Ranger XLT Spotted Fully Undisguised

LuckyMonkey7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Lightning
I guess I'm in the minority here but I dig this redesign. I wish it had the steps on the bed and we'll likely see a swap to them or an aftermarket solution shortly after they are released in the US.

I like the 5g too, but with its 11+ year old interior and a bed too small to put sheets of wood flat in the bed without building a platform, the 6g is a more attractive option. Even more so when people think their used ranger is made of gold and the price they list it for is reflective of that.
Sponsored

SigOris

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
If the article is correct the 2.3T may remain the only engine option, wonder if Ford might up the power or offer variants with higher tune level - following GMs lead.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
If the article is correct the 2.3T may remain the only engine option, wonder if Ford might up the power or offer variants with higher tune level - following GMs lead.
It is the only engine option and the RRaptor will get the 3.0 V6.

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
I like the front fender vent size/placement.
I like the extra relief and dimension the tailgate has.

Do not like the front grill area or bumper at all.
The headlights look like a downgraded version on the Ford Maverick somehow.

Is the hood wider? The way it hits the fenders looks better and the center section looks wider.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
My guess this will be the age old model of the highest trim looking nice, then all other trims below it looking like an after-thought.

Every time I watch a new raptor advertisement from overseas I'm like "Its growing on me, I kind of dig it" - then I see photos like this thread and realize how butt friggin ugly the thing is when its not spruced up with makeup.

Basically, like some women.

Vehicles are better, the makeup doesn't come off every night before bed.

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor

Deleted member 1634

Oh hey look, a new vehicle comes out and the majority of the 5g forum hates it. What a shocker...
Every single thread on here talking about a new vehicle, of any make or model, is riddled with "this is ugly", "I hate it", "it looks just like X other vehicle", etc. Some of you guys are so judgmental and obsessed with looks. Very little of the threads are focused on the things that actually matter (in my opinion at least) like capabilities and functions. I for one don't care what my vehicle looks like, as long as it meets all my needs. I actually think my 5g is one of the least good looking mid-size trucks out there, inside and out. But I still have one, because who cares about that when it has the best towing, payload, efficiency, and other truck related features.

There, rant over...

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I don't mind it so much, maybe just the grill/headlight area looks a little weird.
I don't like the front one piece bumper but besides that it's not to much different than the 5G. I'm sure the aftermarket will have a separate bumper in no time and you'll need one especially if you're going to add a winch. The c style headlight are starting to grow on me now that I've seen them more and more.

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SR5 access cab, 98 Civic ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Occupation
professional anime watcher!
Vehicle Showcase
ya not a fan i know some people will like it but it just blends in now where the 5th gen legit looks like it doesnt belong in the us and thats what i like about it so much

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Oh hey look, a new vehicle comes out and the majority of the 5g forum hates it. What a shocker...
Every single thread on here talking about a new vehicle, of any make or model, is riddled with "this is ugly", "I hate it", "it looks just like X other vehicle", etc. Some of you guys are so judgmental and obsessed with looks. Very little of the threads are focused on the things that actually matter (in my opinion at least) like capabilities and functions. I for one don't care what my vehicle looks like, as long as it meets all my needs. I actually think my 5g is one of the least good looking mid-size trucks out there, inside and out. But I still have one, because who cares about that when it has the best towing, payload, efficiency, and other truck related features.

There, rant over...
IDK but when I'm spending $50k+ it better look good too. Sure looks aren't everything but for me I have to like the look or I'm not interested in it at all. I don't care about towing or payload as I don't tow or haul anything heavy. Comfort is a huge factor and the seats and overall ergonomics of the interior better be great too. When I look at the new Tacoma all I see are the God ugly square wheel wells! You have round tires yet they add these square wheel wells? ?

1675807488088.png

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SR5 access cab, 98 Civic ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Occupation
professional anime watcher!
Vehicle Showcase

There, rant over...
sooo if you like cars/trucks/bikes and are a gear head you will have to like the exterior and the features it provides as well so everytime you walk away you look back and go damn thats mine i love it. buuuuuuuuuut you sound like it gets me to point A-B type of person and does somethings i need.... such a damn yawn man.... you will never fully enjoy a vehicle if that is your mentality towards it....
Sponsored