LostMy65

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Back when Obama bailed out GM to save all those American GM jobs, GM just used the money to setup shop in Mexico. - Not that there's anything wrong with that.

310df4d3-8546-4698-8c42-5edec0f0d611_text.gif

MGM20Lariat

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat, 2020 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Security

Peter949

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Back when Obama bailed out GM to save all those American GM jobs, GM just used the money to setup shop in Mexico. - Not that there's anything wrong with that.

310df4d3-8546-4698-8c42-5edec0f0d611_text.gif
I have a problem with that because I work in American manufacturing and one of the reason I bought a Ranger because made in good old U.S. of A! GM will be 3rd-4th option when shopping.

OP
OP
LostMy65

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I have a problem with that because I work in American manufacturing and one of the reason I bought a Ranger because made in good old U.S. of A! GM will be 3rd-4th option when shopping.
I was trying to be sensitive by adding a little humor.
But yes, it's stupid silly how they handed American tax payer money to GM to save American jobs, but instead... :(

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, it shows.

*pops grille back into place*
Well your joke would be funny if it weren’t full of shit. I’ve had my truck partially disassembled and the Rangers are a bit on the overbuilt side. That grill? Snaps and bolts in just like literally Every other Vic on earth lol. You got some laughs though.

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
Well your joke would be funny if it weren’t full of shit. I’ve had my truck partially disassembled and the Rangers are a bit on the overbuilt side. That grill? Snaps and bolts in just like literally Every other Vic on earth lol. You got some laughs though.
The hell are you talking about? lmao.

khyros

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Crewcab FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Herm... I don't understand their data. They're saying that the engine used to be Mexico, and is now US made. I realize that there was some confusion as to where it was made back when it launched (answer, it's always been made out of ohio), so perhaps that's where that came from.

But then I keep reading, and it says that the F150 ecoboosts are made out of mexico, and that's just not right. The 3.5L is made out of Cleveland engine plant, and the 2.7L out of Lima engine plant, both in Ohio (meanwhile, the 5.0L is actually made out of Essex in Canada as is not US made :p )... I don't know about the other facts that they're stating, but that right there is enough to make me believe that cars.com has no clue what they're talking about. So let's cross reference it.

Kogod, the university that pioneered the Made in America index (I think at least, that's the one I've always referenced as the master list), doesn't have a 2022 out yet, but does have a 2021. It lists the F150 in 8th place, and ranks the engine source as tied for 1st (as in all variants are US/Canada sourced), with an overall sourcing of 55%. The Ranger, which also has engine at #1 rank, is in 16th overall with 45% sourced. Of note, it gives the Bronco 2.3L a score of 0 for engine, which would indicate that they think it's not US based... So I'm not sure if that's because the Bronco gets a Valencia Engine Plant 2.3L... or if they made a mistake there. Of note, the Mustang 2.3L shows that it's from the US (even though the performance variant, even though they're a small %, is from Spain)...

I guess what I'm getting at is that the data doesn't align with public knowledge, and that's because public knowledge isn't actually 100% consistent. So depending on where you source your info from, you're going to get a different answer.

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
For a time the Ranger was listed as having the highest percentage of American made content.

Jbrubakerjr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
For a time the Ranger was listed as having the highest percentage of American made content.
I know we view the US as the "American'. But there are the greater areas of Nort, Central and South America, so some of those parts technically still qualify to the 'letter' of the statement, even if not to the spirit of the statement.

Just sayin'

OP
OP
LostMy65

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
If you live in meryka, you should speak merykan. ;)
Yep, Canadians and Mexicans are all on the north American continent.
Sponsored