Bronco… (ugh) .. Anyone Else Think This..?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I'm with Dave and sticking it out until my price protection runs out on my July 2020 reservation .
Already have a few things that I'll have to sell if it doesn't arrive . I wired in a sequencer to the LED grill letters and played around with different patterns the other day .

Those are nice grille lights Benny. I was looking at the Oracle ones which IIRC don't flash but just light up. I have a bunch of stuff saved and ready to order but somehow refrained myself from pulling the trigger. The only thing I did buy were a couple Bronco shirts. I didn't buy a single thing for my Jeep until it was built and Jeep Chat said it was shipped to the dealer because I didn't want to jinx it. lol
Sponsored

Doogie

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 2wd/ 2003 F150 Lariat FX4
Occupation
Re(tired) Electrician
Go ahead and flame me, but I am not a fan of the new Bronco at all. Looks like they copied many shapes of several models of the Range Rover.
And probably 95% of buyers will never take them and use them as intended. They will be status symbols and primary use will be to run out and pick up beer and pizza.
Of course, there will always be those who will gladly pay over a hundred grand via an auction just to own one, but will loose 2/3 of that value when production catches up with demand around 2025, which by that time it will be due for a make-over, thus lowering the values even more.
I felt the same when they first came out. To me they look like a fancy SUV. The Rapture version to me is what this vehicle should have looked like to begin with. That should be the Bronco, and not at a cost of $80k!

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Super crew Lariet - Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Those are nice grille lights Benny. I was looking at the Oracle ones which IIRC don't flash but just light up. I have a bunch of stuff saved and ready to order but somehow refrained myself from pulling the trigger. The only thing I did buy were a couple Bronco shirts. I didn't buy a single thing for my Jeep until it was built and Jeep Chat said it was shipped to the dealer because I didn't want to jinx it. lol
These are in fact the Oracle lights Dave . I just hooked them up to a sequencer board that I had lying around in the hobby room . I can select several different patterns , slow or speed up the flash rate etc . I probably will slow this pattern down a tad and have it flash on startup then stay on at half brightness . The sequencer also has 4 different input wires that can be used separately. I will use a couple of them to activate to flash left or right with turn signals .

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Hey guys … anyone else think the Bronco is going a little extreme with about 15 new (exaggerations) models?

I feel every day I’m hearing about a new version coming out. Since 2021 when they released .. they had 5-6 models. Then this year they are releasing somewhere between another 3-4 models.

It’s getting exhausting… and why? There is no need for this many sub models to a certain model. Foot down … hate this. Makes it seem super cheap, in my opinion.

Anyone else !? ??
It's V-Twin Syndrome: Lace the spokes in a different pattern, add/remove stripes, change the paint... Boom. New Model.
0e38d8-20200802-sturgis01.jpg

Apples

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
If Ford is reading all of this palaver, then here is a thought.

Bring out a specific trim package model for each state. While that sounds expensive, decals and plastic badges are cheap. Maybe even paint them in whatever the state colors are. Just think of the possibilities?

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Yes! Seeing as they can't even produce the 6-7 models they originally had. Now as of March 7th they're no longer taking orders on '22's except for the Raptor version. :crazy:
Dang, I wanted to say that Dave. :)

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Old used up LEO
There was a few Bronco's just Monday in Corning California up front.
20220221_140856.jpg
Well shit, it's no wonder I can't get my Bronco. Right there it sits. :)

Last edited:

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Ok, since the "I am not getting one" crowd has spoken, how many of us are getting one?

I can't be the only one, plus I already ordered TWO dampeners for the hood, the rear door all ready has one.
I'm hangin' in there like a loose tooth.

OP
OP
TheRoushRanger046

TheRoushRanger046

First Name
Mack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Roush Ranger
That was another broken promise too. Ford said "no dealers will have inventory until all customer orders are filled".

Here's the original where they said your time stamp will be your place in line.

Bronco Reservation Timestamp.png
Thanks buddy .. this is what I was going off of too. Even the sales guy who gave me the keys to go test drive said he had 3 on his lot, one customer backed out of 2 and the other they can’t get ahold of.

Ford is being an ass-ho.., and it’s starting to make me mad.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not hating but is it me or has the novelty faded already? Still in love with my 5G but the more I see of the new Bronco, the less impressed I become...the Raptor version looks especially goofy...maybe it's just envy and I need therapy...

OP
OP
TheRoushRanger046

TheRoushRanger046

First Name
Mack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Roush Ranger
I'm not hating but is it me or has the novelty faded already? Still in love with my 5G but the more I see of the new Bronco, the less impressed I become...the Raptor version looks especially goofy...maybe it's just envy and I need therapy...
Unfortunately, with the Ranger Raptor getting 288HP, from what I’ve read not only is the Raptor bronco but the Ranger too isn’t that impressive. Which is sad. Cause the Raptor versions are badass back on F150

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I was really excited to get mine and knew I was going to have to wait until 2022. No problem because I didn't want the first year anyways but now with all this BS it's really taken all the excitement away. I rarely even go on B6G much anymore and when I do I see the same stuff. People complaining about the wait and many different issues from blown 2.7 engines to electrical gremlins. Sad because this really could've been a huge hit for Ford.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately, with the Ranger Raptor getting 288HP, from what I’ve read not only is the Raptor bronco but the Ranger too isn’t that impressive. Which is sad. Cause the Raptor versions are badass back on F150
288?! 5G is almost there stock...wtf?

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
If Ford is reading all of this palaver, then here is a thought.

Bring out a specific trim package model for each state. While that sounds expensive, decals and plastic badges are cheap. Maybe even paint them in whatever the state colors are. Just think of the possibilities?
They have done/do that regionally. Here in the Wisconsin-Minnesota area, we have the perennial Northland Edition F-150s, toward the end of the MY. South Dakota has/had the Black Hills Gold Edition; there are probably others. Typically, they have an exclusive color or two, special tire/wheel combos maybe the killer infotainment in an XLT etc, and not available at any other time.
Sponsored