Neil S

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX
Vehicle Showcase
My 19 sport package doesnt have the tow package. If I wanted to add the "tow package" is this what I would need?

https://www.oemfordpart.com/oem-parts/ford-kit-trailer-hitch-bar-kb3z19d520a

And

https://accessories.ford.com/exterior/trailer-towing/kit-trailer-hitch-electrics.html

The hitch bar seems like it will just bolt on, but is there a wiring harness at the rear bumper that the pin connector plugs into?
This wiring harness is for an Explorer, cannot confirm figment on a 2019 Ranger.
Sponsored

earsmccoy

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Screw XLT FX4 Sport Package & 2016 F-150 Super Crew FX4
How much are you selling it for :giggle: ?

Did you get it from your dealer, or did you find a source?
Well, this one is MINE so it's not for sale :sunglasses:. I actually work at a dealer in Southern California and I placed it on order as soon as I realized it was on back order. I have a couple more on order and will report back when they come in. I will be more than happy to sell them to forum members at $69.87 (before tax) when they get here.

Washashore

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SCab Lariat 4x4
Matthew,

Is KB3Z-15K868-D still on national backorder? I thought I read one one of the threads that it would become available again on 4/22.

Thanks,

JM

earsmccoy

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Matthew,

Is KB3Z-15K868-D still on national backorder? I thought I read one one of the threads that it would become available again on 4/22.

Thanks,

JM
Backorder has been pushed back to 05/09. I have a harness sitting on the floor in my office but like a doofus, I dragged my feet on the hitch and now that is on back order. I have two KB3Z-15K868-D's on a priority order so they should be here before the off back order date. One of them is promised to @Jason L but I will be more than happy to sell the other one to a forum member when they come in.
cOAnoW3IYesrVGhnOWFV_sEklgsQvwKF7NABEVWCk9kN-q9FRj0Dqa-IkqNVZk-DmzcRAtg6bNQGD1ElFmB=w838-h126-no.png

Washashore

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SCab Lariat 4x4
Thanks for the inside info! I have an order in with my local dealer for the harness, so hopefully it will arrive the same time as your B/O's do..

I went with the Curt hitch due the availability, price, and ease of installation, and will make due with the 4 pin connector under the bumper until the "D" harness is available.

earsmccoy

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have one (possibly 2 if I don't here back from the other person soon) of the KB3Z-15K868-D wiring harness available if any one is still waiting for it. $62.88 to forum members before any shipping or tax (tax if you are buying in California). Direct message me if you want one. It should ship out same day depending on time of order.

MarcusRanger

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 1964.5 Ford Mustang Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I have one (possibly 2 if I don't here back from the other person soon) of the KB3Z-15K868-D wiring harness available if any one is still waiting for it. $62.88 to forum members before any shipping or tax (tax if you are buying in California). Direct message me if you want one. It should ship out same day depending on time of order.
I would like one but I live in Ontario, Canada. My dealer doesn't seem to have a clue about what parts are needed because they just finished telling me I'll have to after market to add the 7 pin bumper plug.

Washashore

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SCab Lariat 4x4
The "-D" harness that I ordered on 4/15 made it to my dealer today,

earsmccoy

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would like one but I live in Ontario, Canada. My dealer doesn't seem to have a clue about what parts are needed because they just finished telling me I'll have to after market to add the 7 pin bumper plug.
In your dealers defense, there isn't anything in the parts catalog that specifically states what is needed to make the factory 7 pin work. All Ford offers is the hitch as an accessory and doesn't really show an upgrade path to add the 7 pin connector. We have/had to figure that out on our own. As of today Detroit has 8 of these harnesses in stock but they will more than likely be gone in the next day or so. I would love to ship it to you but shipping across the border would be very expensive. If any one in the states needs one then feel free to DM me.

MarcusRanger

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well I went to my dealer with the part information provided here for my truck and have the parts on order. Thanks for the info here guys, once again helpful. I went with the Curt hitch, only because the OEM one is back ordered with no ETA and spring boat towing in the near future for me. Already have the hitch just need harness and plug now.

ac_perks

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Still have this available? I've had one on order forever and fingers crossed it should be at my dealer this week... but if not I am going to be in serious trouble for a trip coming up.

EDIT: Cancel that - got it in today so I'm good to go.

Last edited:

Washashore

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SCab Lariat 4x4
Well I went to my dealer with the part information provided here for my truck and have the parts on order. Thanks for the info here guys, once again helpful. I went with the Curt hitch, only because the OEM one is back ordered with no ETA and spring boat towing in the near future for me. Already have the hitch just need harness and plug now.
I also went with the Curt hitch due to the OEM unit on backorder and very happy with it.. Hopefully you are aware there is a 4 pin tow connector at the bottom of the bumper on non-tow package vehicles, which works for most boat trailer applications.

I still went ahead and added the 7/4 pin harness and sleeve as it is in a more convenient location for disconnecting the trailer lights when I launch and retrieve at my (salt water) ramp.

MarcusRanger

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I also went with the Curt hitch due to the OEM unit on backorder and very happy with it.. Hopefully you are aware there is a 4 pin tow connector at the bottom of the bumper on non-tow package vehicles, which works for most boat trailer applications.

I still went ahead and added the 7/4 pin harness and sleeve as it is in a more convenient location for disconnecting the trailer lights when I launch and retrieve at my (salt water) ramp.
Yes I was aware of that, thanks for mentioning it though. I share your opinion on the stock 4 pin, its in a bad location and picks up all the dirt from the road, also why I went through the trouble of installing the new harness and plug.
Sponsored