Trucks w/o Tow Package?

earsmccoy

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Screw XLT FX4 Sport Package & 2016 F-150 Super Crew FX4
There is a little more to the factory hitch than just a few bolts. I have attached the installation instructions to this post.
Sponsored

Attachments

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
There is a little more to the factory hitch than just a few bolts. I have attached the installation instructions to this post.
Seems like a lot of work or maybe not because much of it is clips.
I wonder UHaul and other commercial hitch installers go through all that with an install.

RIRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Vehicle Showcase
Have you verified that it would work? I didn’t see a location that seems like this would fit.
Not sure until I get my truck. I won't order the hitch receiver from Amazon until after I take a look at the step in the middle of the bumper.

Jason L

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 302A
Cool, not sure where you got that, but do you have the instructions and part numbers to go from 4 pin to 7?

earsmccoy

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool, not sure where you got that, but do you have the instructions and part numbers to go from 4 pin to 7?
I'll see what I can do but it will have to wait to till tomorrow. Looking at these instructions, it looks like you reuse your original upper rear bumper pad. On the trucks that don't come from the factory with TT, there is not a cut out for the fancy seven pin plug. You will probably have to buy a "trailer tow" bumper pad, wire harness, and plug assembly. It looks like the add on TT kit doesn't do anything as far as upgrading the plug.

Jason L

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 302A
There
I'll see what I can do but it will have to wait to till tomorrow. Looking at these instructions, it looks like you reuse your original upper rear bumper pad. On the trucks that don't come from the factory with TT, there is not a cut out for the fancy seven pin plug. You will probably have to buy a "trailer tow" bumper pad, wire harness, and plug assembly. It looks like the add on TT kit doesn't do anything as far as upgrading the plug.
There isn't a hole, but there is an inde tented outline where it goes. I have the plug assembly, and it fits in the area where the cutout is. I need to figure out how to connect the 7 pin plug assembly to the wire harness in the bumper. The back of the plug assembly is a circular connector.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Has anyone figured out if the Ranger comes with transmission and oil coolers?
The F150 doesn't include an aux cooler in the tow package anymore with the 10 speed transmission, for much higher tow ratings than the ranger. Ford seems to be confident enough about the basic drivetrain to not require upgrades for towing.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
How are they installing it, my deal and Ford parts both say the receiver is not yet available in stock? What dealer has it?
I just called parts and the parts guy said the hitch is in

We'll see tomorrow if everything else needed is to do the install tomorrow .

Jason L

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 302A
I just called parts and the parts guy said the hitch is in

We'll see tomorrow if everything else needed is to do the install tomorrow .
Awesome! Hope it works out. I found a receiver, now I need the wire harness. If your dealer is willing to give you the part numbers they used, please post them. Would also be cool if you could get a few pics of the wire harness connectors before and after :)

For those of you still searching:

KB32-19D520-A Receiver
FU5Z-14489-A 7-Pin Outlet Bumper Mount

KB3Z-13A576-? Wire Harness
KB3Z-15868-? Wire Harness

Seems like we may need 2 wire harnesses replaced ?

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome! Hope it works out. I found a receiver, now I need the wire harness. If your dealer is willing to give you the part numbers they used, please post them. Would also be cool if you could get a few pics of the wire harness connectors before and after :)

For those of you still searching:

KB32-19D520-A Receiver
FU5Z-14489-A 7-Pin Outlet Bumper Mount

KB3Z-13A576-? Wire Harness
KB3Z-15868-? Wire Harness

Seems like we may need 2 wire harnesses replaced ?
Part numbers should be on the paperwork bill.
Parts guy told me the part manual on the new Ranger wasn't too clear on what was needed. We'll see what happens.

19silversport

First Name
Aubrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger
Part numbers should be on the paperwork bill.
Parts guy told me the part manual on the new Ranger wasn't too clear on what was needed. We'll see what happens.
Looking forward to these part numbers as well. Thank you

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hitch installed. The only issue is the 4 pin to 7 pin adapter is back ordered.

8DjZv7c.jpg
k7l9sRZ.jpg
79NkkeH.jpg
2rl37c9.jpg

earsmccoy

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, it looks like the part number for that wiring harness is, KB3Z-15K868-D (with back up sensors). It's on national backorder until 04/22. It's probably the same situation that the engine covers that went on backorder because of "unanticipated demand".

Jason L

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 302A
Yeah, it looks like the part number for that wiring harness is, KB3Z-15K868-D (with back up sensors). It's on national backorder until 04/22. It's probably the same situation that the engine covers that went on backorder because of "unanticipated demand".
It looks like I missed the K in my post above, it's the "D" that I needed. Out of curiosity, will the 15K868 without the sensors work if you reuse the sensors from the current harness, or does that version not have all the "pig tails" for the sensors?

Also, does 15K868 come with 13A576? On the truck now, it seems they are all one harness even through wire diagram shows them as two, and you can seemingly order 13A576.

earsmccoy

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It looks like I missed the K in my post above, it's the "D" that I needed. Out of curiosity, will the 15K868 without the sensors work if you reuse the sensors from the current harness, or does that version not have all the "pig tails" for the sensors?

Also, does 15K868 come with 13A576? On the truck now, it seems they are all one harness even through wire diagram shows them as two, and you can seemingly order 13A576.
The 15K868 harness comes in 4 flavors, with and without backup sensors and with level 1 trailer tow and with level 2 trailer tow (tt package). It appears that the difference between the four is what connectors they have. They all plug into the same harness under the truck. So if you have back up sensors and are looking to use the bumper mounted 7/4 pin plug like @joeb427 did, then you would need KB3Z-15K868-D which has all the pigtails.
Sponsored