Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
@Andy Nice rig.

Is your tent mounted on your Tonneau cover ?

Do you have a pic which the tent stowed for travel ?

fusseli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 White Platinum Tri-Coat
Occupation
EE
Vehicle Showcase
I went with an open bottom truck bed tent so it sets up over my hard folding tonneau easily, and a bed mattress that's the perfect fit between the wheel wells with a full length with the tailgate down. Both were from Rightline Gear.

Haven't tried it out yet so I don't have pics.

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat / 2019 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription
@Andy Nice rig.

Is your tent mounted on your Tonneau cover ?

Do you have a pic which the tent stowed for travel ?
Thanks!

The tent is mounted to the diamondback cover using Frontrunner rails ,cross bars, and 6” risers.

This is the only pic I have of if folded in right now but If you want a close up of the rack I can do that.
6FD99060-490D-4725-9850-5EDB8A9DCB73.jpeg

NOVA_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I have a bed tent I used with my 2014 Tacoma but I haven’t tried it in the Ranger yet. I prefer a normal tent, and a cot if I want to be up off the ground, since a bed or truck-mounted setup is a pain if I want to use the truck. I’ll definitely try mine in the Ranger if I plan to stay put though.

Mcoop57

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX 4X4, 2016 Honda Goldwing, 2017 Volkswagen GTI
Occupation
Retired
Here is the prototype photo of my set up. Just so happens that 3/8-16 carriage bolts make excellent fasteners for use with Retrax T-slots.

62E816BF-130C-4839-A6A5-4332E986D8A6.jpeg

Spiritfish

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 Supercab, Lightning Blue
Thanks for the photo as I have that same tent for my scab. I haven't been able to use it yet as the state parks here are closed.
Practice in your driveway...the first couple times that you set up you'll need an extra set of hands but then it gets easier.

Rviator

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A 2019 Ford Ranger of course, and a 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
Occupation
retired aerospace engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Practice in your driveway...the first couple times that you set up you'll need an extra set of hands but then it gets easier.
Thanks I will. I did at least set it up in the house on the floor. Do you set it up while in the truck bed or on the ground first? It seems it may be hard to reach when setting some of the poles. By the way the last pole to set, on the inside, was crazy tight.

Spiritfish

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 Supercab, Lightning Blue
Thanks I will. I did at least set it up in the house on the floor. Do you set it up while in the truck bed or on the ground first? It seems it may be hard to reach when setting some of the poles. By the way the last pole to set, on the inside, was crazy tight.
Well this may not be "PC" but if your pole was crazy tight that might be a good thing...LOL!
I set mine up in the truck bed.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Thanks!

The tent is mounted to the diamondback cover using Frontrunner rails ,cross bars, and 6” risers.

This is the only pic I have of if folded in right now but If you want a close up of the rack I can do that.
6FD99060-490D-4725-9850-5EDB8A9DCB73.jpeg
I like your setup!

DrdPrtRlf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
This is the setup I've been working on. it's just about done, but have a couple more details to do.

Pull out kitchen/fridge on the right, low storage drawer on the left. For some reason I don't have a picture of the drawer open, and its snowy so I don't want to go outside right now. But it holds my tent/air mattress, camp chair,tarps, large pots/pans, hammock, and a bunch of other stuff. everything except my bulky sleeping bag. Also at the front there's a spot to store the electronics - two small batteries, DC to DC charger and solar control panel and fuse panel. lower half of the kitchen box is the food pantry. and the entire tailgate is cutting board material.
Also the fridge is accessible from the side of the vehicle so you can just open up the softtopper to grab a drink or snack instead of sliding out the whole thing.

I also designed it with the idea one person could sleep on top of the storage box, though unless you're really short you need the tailgate down and a cover over the end, though I intend to sleep on the ground in my tent most of the time. My dog rides on top of it normally.
IMG_20200315_191812802.jpg
IMG_20200315_191911680.jpg
IMG_20200326_171854256_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200315_175543961.jpg
IMG_20200315_175536421_HDR.jpg
Real nice setup, is your storage drawer custom made?

Raptor-EU

First Name
Henri
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puraleña.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Raptor
Occupation
A lot of nothing.
Vehicle Showcase
Truck beds of EU Raptors have a rolling cover. Which rolls inside a box near the window. This does make the usable space less for transporting large goods.
As I am not intending to use it for heavy transportation, but more as a work/leisure/camping toy, I bought a rooftop tent (long version). And have it stick over the end of the cabin and spoiler.
The standard bed rails will shift over the rollcage and then hold a truck-wide duffel bag with awnings, ground tent, hammocks etc. So inside the factory bed spoiler.

Due to Corona restrictions it is still waiting at the supplier. So here I add a quick Paint-job. Inside the bed will be food, coolers and Q-s.

For mounting I will use Rhino Rack crossbars which will be mounted directly to the roof. So no longitudinal bars. And I can easily unlock them and lift tent including bars to roof of my shed.

RaptoriKamper2.0.jpg

Last edited:

Ranger 4 Play

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
How is the whole drawer system fastened to the bed underneath?

psweeney

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 (well, it started that way)
Leitner designs rack (with a lot of stuff attached and rtt up top). So easy to use, super strong, super functional and my bed is completely open for stuff. Only downside...not cheap, but you get what you pay for imo.

20200517_211158.jpg