StarLord

StarLord

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX FX4
Here’s a couple of shots of my build progress. Camper I built myself including welded space frame, aluminum extrusion for the tent portion and the canvas tent over this quarantine period. Starting on the interior build out now.

Looks GREAT. Keep the updates coming!

fusseli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 White Platinum Tri-Coat
Occupation
EE
Vehicle Showcase
@Sketch is that the Napier Sport tent? Looks a bit roomier than my Right Line due to the archway at the tail gate.

Last edited:

Sketch

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4
Occupation
Public Affairs
Vehicle Showcase
@Sketch is that the Napier Sport tent? Looks a bit roomier than my Right Line due to the archway at the tail gate.
Yes. I'm 6'4" and weigh about 250 and my girlfriend and I are quite comfortable in it. First time we used it we had freezing rain, hail and winds of 20-30 mph with higher gusts and although it was loud, the tent held up flawlessly. I love the fact that it has a built in floor which helped keep us dry

Spiritfish

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 Supercab, Lightning Blue
Yes. I'm 6'4" and weigh about 250 and my girlfriend and I are quite comfortable in it. First time we used it we had freezing rain, hail and winds of 20-30 mph with higher gusts and although it was loud, the tent held up flawlessly. I love the fact that it has a built in floor which helped keep us dry
Danny...I have the Napier as well for the SuperCab...a little tip...I bought 6 twentyfour inch squares of half inch foam that link together. Cut them to fit around wheel housings in bed so we have a soft foam floor beneath the tent. Saves the knees and the butt.

Screen Shot 2020-07-11 at 10.57.43 AM.png

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4

Deleted member 1634

Here’s the truck fully loaded and then set up. Instead of taking the kayak off to setup camp I just slide it forward. Looks silly but it’s much easier.
329D5995-24CF-4475-B36C-287EAFEFC5FE.jpeg
65A11302-0219-4110-B2E6-137419BA337B.jpeg
That's a really interesting method. Is the kayak unsupported when pushed forward? Or is there like a slider bed that it sits on or something?

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat / 2019 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription
That's a really interesting method. Is the kayak unsupported when pushed forward? Or is there like a slider bed that it sits on or something?
It’s held on with the two ratchets that are bolted to my roof rack. So all I do is loosen those, push the kayak forward, and then ratchet it back down to hold it in place.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
It’s held on with the two ratchets that are bolted to my roof rack. So all I do is loosen those, push the kayak forward, and then ratchet it back down to hold it in place.
Different subject but how do you like those Milestars for a DD vehicle?

GreyRanger

First Name
JF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Here’s the truck fully loaded and then set up. Instead of taking the kayak off to setup camp I just slide it forward. Looks silly but it’s much easier.
329D5995-24CF-4475-B36C-287EAFEFC5FE.jpeg
65A11302-0219-4110-B2E6-137419BA337B.jpeg
That s awesome! Gotta love the orange color when shining under the sun!

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat / 2019 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription
Different subject but how do you like those Milestars for a DD vehicle?
If I didn’t hit the trails as much as I do I’d say go for something more road mannered. They are absolutely worth it for off roading but they have the typical M/T issues although the noise is not really a complaint compared to the Nitto Ridge Grapplers I had before.

Getting a perfect balance is probably up to how much time the tire shop wants to spend on them which is usually not much. Mine are pretty good except a vibration in the 65-75ish speed range but it’s not a lot, just enough to get annoying if you focus on it hah.

They do absorb the bumps really well on road which I like. The noise from them is noticeable but more from the outside then the inside. The truck keeps the noise out of the cabin pretty well.

Off road traction is like no other tire I’ve tried and this is what keeps them on my truck. I’ve driven through more in 2wd than I could have ever done with my ridge grapplers. They handle some serious side impacts from sharp rocks without any cuts, you can air them down to 10psi and they stay on the wheel. In the sand and snow they push like a paddle tire and in the mud they do fantastic. Really an excellent tire when you consider the price to performance.