First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Security Engineer
There should be a plastic trim piece that comes off. Remove that, Then there are two bolts that hold the crash bar in place. Loosen them so the crash bar moves a little, then push it in the direction of the green arrows until it stops moving, retighten everything. Leave the plastic trim off.

The green arrows are pointed at what I recall held the trim piece in place. You could have rubbing on the rear crash bar, same process, just push it away from the tire as far as it can and tighten.

There is some play there, that is all I needed to do. I did not need to remove the crash bars until I upgraded to 285/70/17

PXL_20220820_194021433.jpg
Thank you!
Sponsored

Tremortized

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Security Engineer
Did that do the trick for you? Hopefully so. Can't see why not as it worked for my truck ?
Unfortunately, no. I removed the plastic pieces, but it still rubs a lot in reverse. I don't see where/how I can unbolt the metal (under the plastic pieces) and move it forward. :/ It seems like it can only be moved from side-to-side, so I'm thinking about taking the spacers off at this point, because I'm unwilling to cut into the metal. Real bummer, because it looks good with them on.

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
Unfortunately, no. I removed the plastic pieces, but it still rubs a lot in reverse. I don't see where/how I can unbolt the metal (under the plastic pieces) and move it forward. :/ It seems like it can only be moved from side-to-side, so I'm thinking about taking the spacers off at this point, because I'm unwilling to cut into the metal. Real bummer, because it looks good with them on.
In the image I shared previously, you have to crack the bolts loose and then there will be a lot of play in the crash bar, just push it away from the tire and tighten it. The nut is welded or something so you need to loosen it from the top if I recall, which is the bolt side, not the nut side. That and leave the plastic trim off.

hookem57

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Driver
Isnt there supposed to be a cotter key on that wheel nut? Maybe they have come up with a new way to do it?
I just took mine apart for leveling and there was no cotter key.

Tremortized

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Security Engineer
I will do my best to fix this, but some of these words mean nothing to me, lol. Thank you guys for trying to help.
Sponsored