Pics of Tremor with 1" wheel spacers? Wheel rub?

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
Hello,

Has anyone put 1" wheel spacers on their stock Tremor yet? The 1.5" spacers a forum member did look good but had some wheel rub. I am curious how the 1" spacer will look and if there will be any wheel rub at stock height (or lifted 1" too). Looking at it I think it will be ok but I am split between the 1" and 1.5" for looks reasons still.

Thanks

Reference thread:
https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/tremor-spacers.14363/#post-304239
Sponsored

Zvedza

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '04 SVT Lightning, '16 ZX-10R
Hard to say for sure, i do know itll probably be way too close for comfort.

This is my tremor completely stock and its distance to the crash bar, almost a finger off the plastic cover which isnt that thick.
1632510430736.png

I now have 17x9 wheels at a +30mm offset, so very close to a 1" spacer, and 285/70/17s on.
1632510507293.png

Hard to tell from pic, but its goes a good bit into the crash bar. now of course my tires are quite a bit taller than stock, roughly 2"s, which makes it about 1" closer to the crash bar. Note the damage to the fender was by me while cutting the bar, which doesnt look that good either, but it worked for what i wanted.

OP
OP
awd.nv

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
Hard to say for sure, i do know itll probably be way too close for comfort.

This is my tremor completely stock and its distance to the crash bar, almost a finger off the plastic cover which isnt that thick.
1632510430736.png

I now have 17x9 wheels at a +30mm offset, so very close to a 1" spacer, and 285/70/17s on.
1632510507293.png

Hard to tell from pic, but its goes a good bit into the crash bar. now of course my tires are quite a bit taller than stock, roughly 2"s, which makes it about 1" closer to the crash bar. Note the damage to the fender was by me while cutting the bar, which doesnt look that good either, but it worked for what i wanted.
Thanks, are those Nitto tires? I was gonna say that looks way closer than what I saw but your taller tires explains it.

I THINK I will just miss things with the 1" spacer but we'll see.

Zvedza

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '04 SVT Lightning, '16 ZX-10R
Thanks, are those Nitto tires? I was gonna say that looks way closer than what I saw but your taller tires explains it.

I THINK I will just miss things with the 1" spacer but we'll see.
Good eye, yeah those are the Ridge Grapplers.
Im not an expert of how much closer the wheel will be with a 1" spacer, but if i were to guess it would be hopefully only a .5" closer. Id imagine it would be similar to adding 1" wider tires, not exactly but close i think.

OP
OP
awd.nv

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
Good eye, yeah those are the Ridge Grapplers.
Im not an expert of how much closer the wheel will be with a 1" spacer, but if i were to guess it would be hopefully only a .5" closer. Id imagine it would be similar to adding 1" wider tires, not exactly but close i think.
haha yeah I have them on our other vehicle so they looked quite familiar. I might just order the spacers already. If they rub I can always take them off till I have time to swap the crash bars

Gr8Hortoni

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, int in a 5G
Occupation
Trucking
So what’s the deal with the rubbing (don’t mind my ignorance, I don’t have mine yet)? Pushing the wheels out with spacers make the wheels rub? Has anyone done the 2” lift with wheel spacers yet?

CarbonTremor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor, 04 Jaguar XJR, 21 Bronco Sport
Robby just shipped my 1" coil over spacers today (BTW he is awesome to deal with). The plan is to install the spacers and check clearance. Then either install 1" or 1 .5" wheel spacers. . . . Best bet is hang a plumb Bob from the center of wheel well and measure out from tire. This should give you an idea of how far your tire will be pushed out

Last edited:

CarbonTremor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So what’s the deal with the rubbing (don’t mind my ignorance, I don’t have mine yet)? Pushing the wheels out with spacers make the wheels rub? Has anyone done the 2” lift with wheel spacers yet?
When you increase negative offset and push the wheel out you can / will rub when turning depending upon how aggressive the offset is, tire size, & lift height. Too much positive offset and you will rub the inner fender wells

OP
OP
awd.nv

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
Robby just shipped my 1" coil over spacers today (BTW he is awesome to deal with). The plan is to install the spacers and check clearance. Then either install 1" or 1 .5" wheel spacers. . . . Best bet is hang a plumb Bob from the center of wheel well and measure out from tire. This should give you an idea of how far your tire will be pushed out
I see all these people mention him by name in here but I have not gotten a response to my email I sent in nor my Instagram messages. Kinda makes me wanna just go with Traxda despite wanting to support smaller business.

Gr8Hortoni

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, int in a 5G
Occupation
Trucking
I see all these people mention him by name in here but I have not gotten a response to my email I sent in nor my Instagram messages. Kinda makes me wanna just go with Traxda despite wanting to support smaller business.
I sent him an email last week regarding tire size/lift, it was around 8:40pm EST, no bull he responded before 9. He was on it. Sometimes people miss emails, shoot him another. I’m definitely using him for my lift, just off his customer svc reviews as well as the reviews of product quality from the members here.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Here’s a thousand words below - the horizontal line represents crash bars - the grayed out tire represents the new position due to lowering the offset, which is the same as adding a wheel spacer…

244BDC29-6723-4DE4-8F43-4F1E3F266A72.jpeg

Or, imagine it this way…turn your wheel so the outside edge is “pointing” at the crash bar, now push the wheel out with a spacer - that edge gets pushed closer to the crash bar.

CarbonTremor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Give him a call, I think I spoke to him a total of four times

Gr8Hortoni

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, int in a 5G
Occupation
Trucking
Here’s a thousand words below - the horizontal line represents crash bars - the grayed out tire represents the new position due to lowering the offset, which is the same as adding a wheel spacer…

244BDC29-6723-4DE4-8F43-4F1E3F266A72.jpeg

Or, imagine it this way…turn your wheel so the outside edge is “pointing” at the crash bar, now push the wheel out with a spacer - that edge gets pushed closer to the crash bar.
I totally get it now. I feel like an idiot for not understanding it earlier. Thank you!

NurseNeil

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, SPORT
Occupation
Nurse
I removed the plastic cover from ctash vars amd wiggled them forward away from the wheels helped.
Sponsored