Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
Hello,

Just thought I would create this for others to possibly find when searching. Just finished installing the FactionFab 1" wheel spacers and I honestly think THIS is what the Tremor should have looked like out of the factory (well, with 1" level kit up front then I think it will be perfect). At this moment the front is stock height for the Tremor.

Wheel rub, turning lock to lock and slow speed there is no rubbing. Clearance is literally probably less than 1/4" so when backing out of my driveway at lock I got some rub. Doing left and right turns on the street zero issues. I suspect if I got on my brakes at full lock it would rub once the suspension dips a little. Love the look though. (edit: Removed the plastic trim on the front crash bars after this post was made, still some rub in reverse at about 90%-100% full lock though) Updated Wheel Rub: I loosened the crash bars, pushed them forward as much as they would freely do and tightened. Seems it took care of the wheel rub. Never had any in forward but reverse and wheel turned right all the way I could only get about 90% of my steering at best, now I can lock the wheel and barely hear it. Oddly reverse and wheel turned to the left I did not have much rub, more like it was just kissing the bar, now it does not touch at all. This was done backing up slowly out of my driveway and up my driveway.

Quality on the FactionFab spacers looked great. Grade 8 studs were installed as well. Super easy install. Only tip I would offer is to clean the brake rotor surface so ensure they go on nice and even.

Stock 2021 Ranger Tremor with 1" FactionFab wheel spacers:

PXL_20211202_183413804.jpg

PXL_20211202_183243334.jpg

PXL_20211202_184425956.jpg

Edit:
Before/After, not from same day but helps show the difference, look at the mud flaps in particular.
PXL_20211030_000917398.jpg

1" wheel spacer, 1" level and KO2 285/70/17

20220719_143909.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Cclittle72

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat Tremor
Ouch, tough crowd. Maybe go for the 3" spacers next time? ;) In all seriousness, maybe before & after pics would make other readers happier?

Thanks for posting and the lessons learned. I'm looking at some 1.25" when my Tremor arrives.

OCL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
if you cant physically see the 1" without before and after pics, you are either:

A) blind
B) not a true off roader or a Ford aficionado.

the slightly wider stance is just what the truck needed
A true off roader or Ford aficionado? Please.

I don't need to be either to notice if something needs to be wider. The Tremor is already wider than the standard Ranger. But perhaps I was a bit harsh on the OP.

The standard Ranger does need to be wider to look more off road worthy. That I agree on. But the Tremor? It looks good.

e55c025b-59f0-4956-8de1-03a795517f9f-IMG_5031.jpg

Maybe you're looking for something more like this? Will cost more to modify to this but it can be done. Now this you notice!
2021-ford-ranger-raptor-x.jpg

CATX

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger TURBO
Everyone here has a valid point. To sum up, OP Tremor looks stock. OCL Tremor wheels look sunken in by about 2.5 cm.

OCL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Ok so I did look closer at the OP's pictures. It does look good now that I stared harder. I apologize for being too quick to judge. Hell I may actually do spacers some day. Does it improve the handling (wider stance)? If so I'm in.

NurseNeil

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, SPORT
Occupation
Nurse
For any rub loosen crash bars and push away from wheels on all four of the Wheels and you won't have to worry more than likely of any rub.

OP
OP
awd.nv

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
Ouch, tough crowd. Maybe go for the 3" spacers next time? ;) In all seriousness, maybe before & after pics would make other readers happier?

Thanks for posting and the lessons learned. I'm looking at some 1.25" when my Tremor arrives.
haha right? I think anything from 1.0-1.5" you can't go wrong. The two Tremor I found online with 1.5" spacers looked good but I was going with a more subtle look. Kinda want someone to double take and think....."huh, there is something different here". Like, this is what Ford should have done where it still looks like it COULD have been OEM but those with Tremors will know it is not stock.

Ok so I did look closer at the OP's pictures. It does look good now that I stared harder. I apologize for being too quick to judge. Hell I may actually do spacers some day. Does it improve the handling (wider stance)? If so I'm in.
No hurt feelings. It is quite mild at only 1" which you kinda made my point in the look I was going for. If you have a Tremor and walk past it, you will know there is something different about it but any other person may not notice. No doubt since you own one and if you saw it in person it would be quite obvious. Added a pair of photos to the OP which help show the difference a bit more too so partly my fault for not any before photos.

For any rub loosen crash bars and push away from wheels on all four of the Wheels and you won't have to worry more than likely of any rub.
Ya know, backing up later after making my post, I got a good bit of wheel rub and took the plastic trim off. That helped a bit. I am going to try to move the front crash bar out a bit, if it still rubs, probably just remove the front ones as the rear are not hitting. Only happens in reverse at full lock, I can do about 85-90% of the turn before I hear it rub. That last 10% will come in handy when backing up my trailer though.

Reactions: OCL

OCL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
No hurt feelings. It is quite mild at only 1" which you kinda made my point in the look I was going for. If you have a Tremor and walk past it, you will know there is something different about it but any other person may not notice. No doubt since you own one and if you saw it in person it would be quite obvious. Added a pair of photos to the OP which help show the difference a bit more too so partly my fault for not any before photos.
Thanks for the additional pics. Yeah now I can really tell the difference without a before/after picture.

CATX

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger TURBO
I donā€™t have the spacers myself but I do like the look. I think Ford likes it too. Notice the image on the Ford Pass app?

419670E9-33CE-4ED1-9428-463A001C2865.jpeg

OP
OP
awd.nv

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
Just to be clear, you didn't cut either crash bar?
At this moment all I did was remove the plastic trim on the front crash bar.

I donā€™t have the spacers myself but I do like the look. I think Ford likes it too. Notice the image on the Ford Pass app?

419670E9-33CE-4ED1-9428-463A001C2865.jpeg
Lol I noticed that the other day when I went to remote start it. Thought "finally looks like the picture"

OP
OP
awd.nv

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
Updated OP to mention loosening and moving the crashbars seemed to have fixed the rubbing in reverse.

Just to be clear, you didn't cut either crash bar?
I wanted to update you with some good news. I loosened the bolts on the crash bars and pushed them forward as far as they would go and retightened; seems it gave me all the clearance I needed. Turning the wheel right, full lock in reverse I can hear a TINY touch but only if I am literally holding it to lock which I wouldn't advise doing with any vehicle anyway. Turning left full lock and no rub in reverse.

Before adjusting them going full right in reverse only it would rub enough that I could probably only get 90% of my steering at best. Full left and reverse it would kiss but could get about 99% of my steering.

Never had rub forward in either direction full lock but assume now there is even more clearance. I will probably address this again once I wear out the original Tremor tires and upgrade to 275/70/17.
Sponsored