Transmission work needed at 50,000 per Ford dealer

Trash Panda

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
I also said it won't fix itself but gave up after many were wishing their tranny problems would go away on its own...btw, I've mentioned this many many times but the DPFE sensor has nothing to do with the transmission issues...many conflate the two because the drivability symptoms are somewhat similar at low speeds...
I have to admit it did make it a little bit better in a sense.

2 weeks later of having an occasional issue or new issue (the letā€™s just skip 4th gear entirely) made me head for the dealer before my warranty expires.

Flyingwrenchesautomotive shows a good visual of a new CDF drum vs the stock.
Sponsored

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
Steve,

Thanks for having the TSB handy. Dropped Danger Ranger off at Woody Anderson Ford in Huntsville, AL this afternoon to get looked at.

Truck is 4 years, 11 months old (2019) with 58,000 miles. Under warranty still? Yes. šŸ˜Ž

Even though I have changed the DPFE sensor, MAP sensor, and IAT there is still issues. Truck has completely started to skip 4th gear every now and then, had a big surge from 3rd to 4th gassing it hard this morning.

Hopefully they can replicate the issues on a cold start drive tomorrow.

@Msfitoy I thought you said itā€™ll fix itselfā€¦itā€™ll fix itself. šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ’€
As long as it fixes itself enough to take it and trade it in....

Brett Fields

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat FX4, Blackout, Tow
Occupation
Paramedic
Steve,

Thanks for having the TSB handy. Dropped Danger Ranger off at Woody Anderson Ford in Huntsville, AL this afternoon to get looked at.

Truck is 4 years, 11 months old (2019) with 58,000 miles. Under warranty still? Yes. šŸ˜Ž

Even though I have changed the DPFE sensor, MAP sensor, and IAT there is still issues. Truck has completely started to skip 4th gear every now and then, had a big surge from 3rd to 4th gassing it hard this morning.

Hopefully they can replicate the issues on a cold start drive tomorrow.

@Msfitoy I thought you said itā€™ll fix itselfā€¦itā€™ll fix itself. šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ’€
I just got my truck back yesterday with its new transmission. Seems fine, but I'm still driving tentatively... like I'm expecting disaster. I gotta get that outta my head, then I'll be able to really tell if I'm OK.

Brett

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
I just got my truck back yesterday with its new transmission. Seems fine, but I'm still driving tentatively... like I'm expecting disaster. I gotta get that outta my head, then I'll be able to really tell if I'm OK.

Brett
Drive it like you stole it! :devil:

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase

Brett
It's called PTSD...I had it when I got mine replaced and couldn't stop wincing during shifts...

TJC

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Miata, 05 Ranger 4x4, 20 Ranger 4x4, 23 CX-5
Been there done that with my transmission when I replaced 7 quarts of ULV and added LubeGuard Platinum, and my psychotic transmission magically became normal again.

It has been a little over a week and it is running perfectly.... but I am still waiting for the other shoe to drop!

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Been there done that with my transmission when I replaced 7 quarts of ULV and added LubeGuard Platinum, and my psychotic transmission magically became normal again.

It has been a little over a week and it is running perfectly.... but I am still waiting for the other shoe to drop!
movie-eating-popcorn.gif

dapakattack

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4

Tony,

Did you just add then entire 10oz bottle?

Thanks

ctechbob

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL/FX2/STX
Occupation
Adult Daycare
Tony,

Thanks
I believe he did.

Our transmissions hold right around 12 qts, and the recommended treat rate is 1oz/quart, so the 10oz is just a little 'undertreated', but that's not really a problem. 10oz seems to be working just fine for most people, and then just resume 1oz per qt if you do any further fluid exchanges.

ctechbob

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL/FX2/STX
Occupation
Adult Daycare
Tony,

Thanks
If you decide to do it, I would very much like to hear your before and after results.

Just trying to grow a body of evidence that we can at least prevent some of the more annoying 'soft' issues in our 10r80's.

TJC

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Miata, 05 Ranger 4x4, 20 Ranger 4x4, 23 CX-5
If you decide to do it, I would very much like to hear your before and after results.

Just trying to grow a body of evidence that we can at least prevent some of the more annoying 'soft' issues in our 10r80's.
Shawn,

I don't consider them "Soft Issues"... and as of this moment, the magic LubeGuard Platinum Elixir has worked a miracle on my transmission. We are taking the truck back out again tonight at my wife's request. One month ago she stated "Sell... SELL... SELL that truck!"

There really ought to be a sticky note at the top of this forum with your advice you use LubeGuard in your 10R80 as a matter of practice.

I am completely serious.

Thanks again!

ctechbob

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL/FX2/STX
Occupation
Adult Daycare
Shawn,

I don't consider them "Soft Issues"... and as of this moment, the magic LubeGuard Platinum Elixir has worked a miracle on my transmission. We are taking the truck back out again tonight at my wife's request. One month ago she stated "Sell... SELL... SELL that truck!"

There really ought to be a sticky note at the top of this forum with your advice you use LubeGuard in your 10R80 as a matter of practice.

I am completely serious.

Thanks again!

I guess what I mean by that was 'issues that can be solved without replacing hard parts'.

Kinda right up there with programming or a software relearn.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Shawn,

I am completely serious.

Thanks again!
My order's coming tomorrow...even if Pixi poop helps this tranny, Ill try it...

Fx4ranger2019Larait

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Larait
Occupation
Sprinkler Fitter
Today I also added LubeGuard Platinum Elixir Based on what other have said on here but just 2oz. I really havenā€™t had major issues with transmission just occasional lurch from 1-3 or 4 who knows. Recently just changed pan to PPE and changed fluid. So I didnā€™t want to pull out 10oz. Saved the rest of this stuff for next time I replace fluid probably when I change oil around 5k miles from now. Iā€™m trying to get 90% new fluid without flushing. Just bought 10 more quarts of ULV on rock auto.
Sponsored