First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Yes it is, go to dataloging then go to gauges. From there you can set up 6 things to monitor.

Thanks Chris. It's finally going to cool off towards the end of the week and I also need to adjust the tire size.
Sponsored

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Same thing I was going to ask. Trans temp is not on the XLT dash screens and not available on my Torque app. I would love to have that information when I tow my small travel trailer.
I use the Torque app and I can to monitor coolant temp and Transmission temp along with Boost Pressure with no problem. You need to use Transmission Temp not Transmission Fluid temp. You also need to add the Ford specific extra PIDs. The one to look for is "[FORD]Transmission Temp"

OP
OP
Frenchy

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I use the Torque app and I can to monitor coolant temp and Transmission temp along with Boost Pressure with no problem. You need to use Transmission Temp not Transmission Fluid temp. You also need to add the Ford specific extra PIDs. The one to look for is "[FORD]Transmission Temp"
Lol leave it to Ford to have thier own special thing!! Fist it came down to the fuel pressure teat port and now its data logs.

cb4017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired USN and retired LEO
Awesome! Thanks!

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
I'm sure it already has a thermostat if some sort to help control the cooler for only when it is needed at whatever predetermined temperature from Ford. Mind you I have been paying attention to the temp while going to work and back home. I pull steep grades and while monitoring it is doesnt even get to 200°F while on the get so clearly the off road is a much more severe condition compared to regular street driving. As mentioned before if I am to add the 1,700 lbs of weight that will not be a temporary thing but instead a constant weight then it most likely will be a great idea for the offroad as all the Auxiliary cooler would do is help with cooling as needed. As I am sure most everyone knows here you dont want your fluids to be too cold.

And to an unfortunate deal we cant just add a generic cooler since there are no lines to hook up to at this time. From what it looks like you would need a sandwich adapter plate to go in between the transmission and cooler.
just never leave Leadville and you won't have any issues since it rarely gets over 50 F in Leadville, lol.

I would think it might be more practical to just change the fluid most frequently. In looking at the coolant lines going to the tranny they seem to be good sized and capable of adequate thermal transfer. By what means would an additional cooler use to circulate fluid - an electric pump ?

OP
OP
Frenchy

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
just never leave Leadville and you won't have any issues since it rarely gets over 50 F in Leadville, lol.

I would think it might be more practical to just change the fluid most frequently. In looking at the coolant lines going to the tranny they seem to be good sized and capable of adequate thermal transfer. By what means would an additional cooler use to circulate fluid - an electric pump ?
For an additional cooler it is unknown to me on how one could be added effectively but that is why I brought it up to Mishimoto. If they do come up with something my guess would be either a replacement cooler or some kind of sandwich plate between the cooler and transmission send fluid to the extra cooler.

Also it still gets up to the high 70's in the summer time in Leadville. Before I had to cross Freemont pass just to go to work and back but I no longer live in Leadville and dont work in summit county either so that pass isnt an issue as much. But that wont stop me from going offroad simce it is part of why I have a 4x4. Even while towing I think the highest I saw the transmission temp get to was close to 225°F. That was also going up a 2-3 mile 7% grade. After that it cooled down so I can say on the street the cooler is pretty efficient so far. For offroad? Can't say until the extra load is added.

Jerry Caldwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired Architect
I use the my touch calibrator from Livernois to monitor transmission temps. I also monitor coolant temp, cylinder head temp, catalytic converter temp and MAP pressure with barometric pressure for boost calculations.
Specially, which PID is it. I would love to monitor the transmission temp as well with MyCal. I can’t find a PID on it that looks like it would be transmission temp.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Frenchy

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Specially, which PID is it. I would love to monitor the transmission temp as well with MyCal. I can’t find a PID on it that looks like it would be transmission temp.
Go to Trans then scroll down(touch and drag up) and you will find Trans Temp

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Yes it is, go to dataloging then go to gauges. From there you can set up 6 things to monitor.
So I finally had a chance to look at this but I have no clue what all these abbreviations mean. For every section it looks like they're all abbreviations that are Ford specific? Is there a chart that tells you what these are? Under Temps there are several different 3 letter abbreviations but I have no idea which one is for the tranny temp? Same with the boost and so on.

OP
OP
Frenchy

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
So I finally had a chance to look at this but I have no clue what all these abbreviations mean. For every section it looks like they're all abbreviations that are Ford specific? Is there a chart that tells you what these are? Under Temps there are several different 3 letter abbreviations but I have no idea which one is for the tranny temp? Same with the boost and so on.
Maybe this will help for what you are looking for exactly. They will be listed just like this.

0910201354.jpg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Maybe this will help for what you are looking for exactly. They will be listed just like this.

0910201354.jpg

On mine there's nothing that says Trans Temp or Coolant Temp there are only 3 letter abbreviations?

OP
OP
Frenchy

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
On mine there's nothing that says Trans Temp or Coolant Temp there are only 3 letter abbreviations?
That is weird. Do you recently get a firmware update or something? I haven't had an update put on mine in a little while so I don't know if that might have something to do with it or not.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
That is weird. Do you recently get a firmware update or something? I haven't had an update put on mine in a little while so I don't know if that might have something to do with it or not.
No updates. I just went back out and took a pic. I did find the coolant temp but here's what the temp looks like. Which one would be trans temp?

IMG_2772.jpg

OP
OP
Frenchy

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Okay I got you now. Check other sections for data. I can't remember exactly where I went to get the coolant temp reading. I already see the cylinder head temp and the bank 1 Catalyst temp. I think it was in a different section that I found the others I just can't remember where right off. For transmission it was in the transmission section and you have to scroll down. In order to scroll down and you have to touch and drag up. Be careful though it's a pain in the ass and it likes to automatically select a different. When you're trying to drag up.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Okay I got you now. Check other sections for data. I can't remember exactly where I went to get the coolant temp reading. I already see the cylinder head temp and the bank 1 Catalyst temp. I think it was in a different section that I found the others I just can't remember where right off. For transmission it was in the transmission section and you have to scroll down. In order to scroll down and you have to touch and drag up. Be careful though it's a pain in the ass and it likes to automatically select a different. When you're trying to drag up.
That was it! It said tap down but it doesn't go down far enough and I didn't think the hold and drag it. Once I did the Trans Temp was at the bottom. Thx!

IMG_2773.JPG
Sponsored