First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat. 2018 Chevrolet Traverse
Occupation
Retired Construction Project Manager
I’m just wondering if anyone else has noticed this strange shifting that I’ve noticed with mine. When towing my boat the other day I needed to get out of the way of a rude driver that was trying to insert his car where it was it wanted

I had floored my throttle and moved out of his way and after I finished moving over out of his way. My transmission just stayed in the lower gear and didn’t upshift for about maybe 10 seconds.

This has happened a couple of times in different situations. So, basically fairly slow in upshifting multiple gears. Anyone here noticed this happening at all?
Sponsored

OP
OP
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat. 2018 Chevrolet Traverse
Occupation
Retired Construction Project Manager
were you in tow/haul mode?

mine acts that way in satans mode (sport for you weekend racers). i assume it thinks you're wanting to need that power again soon, so it keeps the gear. maybe does the same in tow/haul

its annoying to me tbh
I don’t remember if I was in tow haul mode when it happened this time. This was the first time that I had towed this boat with this truck. I had the tow haul on and off a couple of times on this trip. I know it has happened more than once but this was the longest that it stayed in the lower gear.

I’m going to experiment a little when I get outside of town to see what affects what.

Thanks, Steve