Top Speed

rangerdanger19

First Name
Addison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport SuperCab (301a), 2017 Ford Fusion Sport (401a + Driver's Assist), 2014 Ford Fiesta ST, 1988 Merkur Scorpio
Occupation
Account Manager
Hey, Addison, please let us know what you think of the Geolanders once you have them on. I am still running the stock Hankook ATM tires but am looking to upgrade soon....
Finally got the Geolander G015s installed! First impressions are pretty good. Wet surface tractions is outstanding compared to the OEM Bridgestones, but launching them on cold roads hasn't proven all that great. It could just be that I haven't properly broken them in.

There were a couple options for the G015s in terms of load ratings. I went for the reinforced 114s since I often load the bed heavy and tow our cars around, but unloaded, they are pretty firm which does cause a bit rougher ride than I'd like for such meaty tires. You win some, you lose some.

No noticeable difference in road noise or cornering performance.

I haven't tested them at high speed yet, trying to break them in a bit more, but I'll let you know how it goes!
Sponsored

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got the Geolander G015s installed! First impressions are pretty good. Wet surface tractions is outstanding compared to the OEM Bridgestones, but launching them on cold roads hasn't proven all that great. It could just be that I haven't properly broken them in.

There were a couple options for the G015s in terms of load ratings. I went for the reinforced 114s since I often load the bed heavy and tow our cars around, but unloaded, they are pretty firm which does cause a bit rougher ride than I'd like for such meaty tires. You win some, you lose some.

No noticeable difference in road noise or cornering performance.

I haven't tested them at high speed yet, trying to break them in a bit more, but I'll let you know how it goes!
Hey, Addison, thanks for the update! In the meantime, I switched the stock Hankook tires out for Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws, keeping the stock wheels. With the pandemic, the wife and I have working from home, and so I have not driven a whole lot on them, and we have not had any harsh weather so far, but I love the aggressive look and stable, grounded ride. They are a lot quieter than people say, if fact, barely noisier than stock. It looks like we are both happy with out choices!

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
Same as you Marc. 'Cept I had the mediocre Bridgestone A/T's. I did a practice air down the other day to 18psi. You could hardly tell by looking. They're tuff! Took about 3 min to get back up to 32.

Obijack

First Name
J J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 iconic sliver
Occupation
Attorney
Not concerned with top speed as this is a truck.

DanaBovender

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
From the Florida Panhandle Residing in Germany
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Gov Employee
109 is where the speed limiter kicks in. I have confirmed this a few times. Lol.
I live in Germany, my Lariat 4x4 is US Spec and the limiter does not come on in mine until it hit 112. I just had to test it....was pretty scary, knowing that something with this much mass can get there pretty quickly too.

RangerCoby

First Name
Coby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Super Crew Lariat FX4
I live in Germany, my Lariat 4x4 is US Spec and the limiter does not come on in mine until it hit 112. I just had to test it....was pretty scary, knowing that something with this much mass can get there pretty quickly too.
Interesting. I was told or read 109 so I assumed this was right. It could have been 112 but I didn't confirm with GPS.

Are you using the dashboard or a GPS to confirm your speed?

Cheers,
Coby

Reactions: Doc

DanaBovender

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
From the Florida Panhandle Residing in Germany
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Gov Employee
Interesting. I was told or read 109 so I assumed this was right. It could have been 112 but I didn't confirm with GPS.

Are you using the dashboard or a GPS to confirm your speed?

Cheers,
Coby
GPS, and I must say that the speedo is 100% accurate in my truck 75 is 75 and 112 is dead on 112 on my GPS

RangerCoby

First Name
Coby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Super Crew Lariat FX4
GPS, and I must say that the speedo is 100% accurate in my truck 75 is 75 and 112 is dead on 112 on my GPS
Makes sense. I know my dash and my GPS aren't the same. When I have cruise set at 80, GPS says 79.

I like 112 better :cool:

Reactions: Doc

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man
140mph in a 1972 Camaro
98mph in one of my Chevettes and I thought it was going to come apart
168mph on a Suzuki GSXR 750
125mph in a 1989 Probe GT
130mph in a Fusion
150mph in a stolen Corvette (some idiot left the keys in it so I HAD to take it, parked it right back where I got it and locked the keys inside)
98mph in Amber so far

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
140mph in a 1972 Camaro
98mph in one of my Chevettes and I thought it was going to come apart
168mph on a Suzuki GSXR 750
125mph in a 1989 Probe GT
130mph in a Fusion
150mph in a stolen Corvette (some idiot left the keys in it so I HAD to take it, parked it right back where I got it and locked the keys inside)
98mph in Amber so far
150+ in buddies '68 440 charger (speedo was pinned) telephone poles really do look like a picked fence.
130 in my '70 340 Cuda right before I totaled it. (Luckily I walked away from it)??
85 in Big Blue (learned my lessons)

Sharky

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger 2015 Ford Focus 1934 model 40
Occupation
retired
buried the speedo in the 66 stang I had, more than once.
same for my 34 coupe.
so far, 95 is the most my ranger has seen. :)

Charley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCrew XLT FX4 Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
I backed off once I hit triples out on the Bonneville Salt Flats back in September.
The truck started to feel like it was getting a bit loose. Maybe the all terrains, the Yakima RTT on top of the rack, the rotopax on the side? Anyway, not the best idea, but when you get the chance......

Dont think any of my 3 Pintos ever made it over 80
1974 Ford Galaxie 500 - my parents car 351 windsor - 110 or so
1970 Boss 302 - 120
2004 GTI - 100 mph with a gear or two left.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
I did a quick search and didn't see where anyone had posted top speed in their stock Rangers. I don't know what my top speed is but I know it's at least 102 mph. Don't ask HOW I know, I just know! :wink:
The best I can tell, the top speed of my Ranger is just over 80mph. ;)
But then again, I don't have the Performance Damper mod installed so I don't expect too much in the speed department.
But you should see my arms!