OP
tremorman

tremorman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
I used them, the one in Auburn correct?
They were great, I think they quoted me $50 less than Line-X in Marlboro. They plugged all the threaded holes for me and it came out awesome.

Yep that's the one. Glad to hear it came out well, that's where I'm leaning towards going now. Just need to find a time in my schedule to get out there. What did they charge and when did you get it done? I think prices have been much higher recently not surprisingly.

I live on the south shore. D.E.A Automotive in Plymouth near the airport is doing the Bullet liner for $575.00.

Rhino of Cape Cod quoted $625.
Ah got it, that's quite a bit further from me than central MA, hope things go well for you at that one and let us know how it turns out. I think that is about what I was quoted for central MA.
Sponsored

MB787

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat
Yep that's the one. Glad to hear it came out well, that's where I'm leaning towards going now. Just need to find a time in my schedule to get out there. What did they charge and when did you get it done? I think prices have been much higher recently not surprisingly.
I want to say it was $525/$550. In that range anyway

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Ah got it, that's quite a bit further from me than central MA, hope things go well for you at that one and let us know how it turns out. I think that is about what I was quoted for central MA.
Picked it up this afternoon. They did a good job. Plugged all the threaded holes, removed the plastic plugs removed the tie downs and removed all the screws that hold the access panel on the tailgate. Then replaced them all when they were done.
IMG_20210903_164724302.jpg

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
... that's where I'm leaning towards going now. Just need to find a time in my schedule to get out there.
Going with a spray-in liner is a good choice. Mine came with the drop in liner from Ford. I changed it out for LIneX and much prefer it.
Things I didn't like about the plastic liner were:
  • Too slippery. Cargo slid around in the back much to easily when driving.
  • PITA to always have to remove & replace the plugs when using the tie down hooks.
  • Loads of gravel, sand, dirt, etc would get behind the liner if the tie down plugs were not installed.
  • Sometimes the weight of the sand/gravel would push the plugs out of place and then it gets behind the liner
  • Same items always seemed to work their way under the liner at the open end of the box.
  • Tie downs were difficult to get to.....especially if you had a full load and limited access space.
The one thing I preferred about the plastic liner was the added box protection. It was nice to be able to toss bricks and concrete blocks in the bed, with little regard for damage.

As far as the cover goes, all I can say is DO NOT get the Ford unit. Mine came with it and it leaks like a sieve. It's the 4th cover I've had (on a variety of trucks) and I never had a water issue before.

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
Mine came with the Ford drop-in bedliner. I wouldn't have got it if I was ordering the truck, in the past I have always got a rubber bed mat for my trucks. I've seen other trucks with a spray-in, feels rougher than sandpaper to me so I'm not sure how well I could clean it out. I bag my grass when I mow and haul it to the grass dump every week. It sweeps right out of the plastic liner.

I have a Truxedo Truxport vinyl roll-up tonneau but where I live security isn't an issue, typically there is nothing in the bed anyway, and for the aforementioned and other reasons I often need the whole bed open.

OP
OP
tremorman

tremorman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Got the bullet liner done yesterday, came out very well for the most part although they didn't plug all the threaded holes -- not a huge deal, I wasn't planning on using them any time soon and if I do want to use them in the future I can just use a tap or chaser or whatever to deal with it. Very happy with it overall.

Next is the tonneau cover; leaning bak x4s right now

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
I think any of the big name spray ins will be fine. I picked mine out of convenience and cost. Went with Bullet. No issues with application or use. I did not go with UV coat (too cheap!) as I was going to get a cover eventually. In the year or so it was exposed it did "fade" a bit, but its a truck bed.
I got a great deal on an UnderCover Flex used and had one of their coffin lid tonneaus on my last truck. Also great customer support and a great product, so it was an easy choice for me.
Sponsored