Truxedo Tonneau Covers

SafetyDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 V2 - Ranger Lariat, FX4, 501A, Trailer Tow (Lightning Blue), V1- Lariat, FX4, 500A, Trailer Tow (Ingot Silver) <Epic Fail - Lemon>
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
Follow up on install after driving 100+ miles in a rainstorm. Truck bed completely dry with maybe two drops at the tailgate which may be from when I opened the gate.. Super happy with the Truxedo Lo Pro cover.

Truxedo rain.jpg

Truxedo rain drops.jpg

FiveChime

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Worker bee
A couple of comments. I have the Truxedo sentry CT and it came with the metal bulkhead adaptor and well nuts. Instructions for it were crap but I figured it out and it is not adequate for such a long piece to be held by two bolts. It has more play than it should. I contacted Truxedo and they sent me the new rubber block with tape and while at first I thought it was going to be terrible it actually works great.

I waited until I got my bed line-x coated to install the replacement rubber bulkhead strip and thought I may have made a mistake in doing so as they coated the top of the rail and most adhesives don’t like to stick there but this piece does. Phew!

My issue now is the forward metal bed rail support brackets must be sticking in toward the bed too much as it leaks like no tomorrow in those locations but didn’t before. I’m not fond of having to remove chunks of my brand new spray in bed liner. Hoping they make an alternative bracket so I don’t have to try and bend my own as I don’t have a machine shop.

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
I have a Truxedo Lo Pro ordered. Anyone know if the Amp bed extender works with the Lo Pro, I.e. will the extender clear the rails when folding in and out?

Bt_ostate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Sales
I have a Truxedo Lo Pro ordered. Anyone know if the Amp bed extender works with the Lo Pro, I.e. will the extender clear the rails when folding in and out?
Hoping same thing with truxedo sentry ct

Woodn88s

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired
A couple of comments. I have the Truxedo sentry CT and it came with the metal bulkhead adaptor and well nuts. Instructions for it were crap but I figured it out and it is not adequate for such a long piece to be held by two bolts. It has more play than it should. I contacted Truxedo and they sent me the new rubber block with tape and while at first I thought it was going to be terrible it actually works great.

I waited until I got my bed line-x coated to install the replacement rubber bulkhead strip and thought I may have made a mistake in doing so as they coated the top of the rail and most adhesives don’t like to stick there but this piece does. Phew!

My issue now is the forward metal bed rail support brackets must be sticking in toward the bed too much as it leaks like no tomorrow in those locations but didn’t before. I’m not fond of having to remove chunks of my brand new spray in bed liner. Hoping they make an alternative bracket so I don’t have to try and bend my own as I don’t have a machine shop.
I just received my truxedo sentry ct and you're right the instructions suck. Was wondering how you made out. Any advise before I start installing this?

Woodn88s

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired

Would you explain to me this replacement rubber bulkhead strip,? I dont quite understand what it replaced.

FiveChime

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Worker bee
Would you explain to me this replacement rubber bulkhead strip,? I dont quite understand what it replaced.
There used to be a metal piece with a rubber flap that bolted to the front of the bed to seal up the lower front bulkhead. It wasn’t great and attached awkwardly.
The rubber block strip that tapes down is a much better addition and it even sticks to LineX.
Sponsored