First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Four years ago today I bought MP1 and joined this forum. I really never cared for online forums and do not do any social media like Facebook or Instagram because they’re all pretty toxic. Plus after coming from a Tacoma and dealing with Tacoma World 🙄 I wasn’t getting my hopes up to high with the Ranger forum. But I noticed right away most here were very friendly and welcoming and it really was different. It became a fun place and as time went by I found myself on here more and more, obviously. lol

There’s been some ups and downs but a lot of good times too. There’s a wealth of information on here and always someone willing to jump in and help another out whether it be advise, a helping hand on an instal or just moral support for someone going through a tough time. With all the BS in the world today it makes me happy seeing this as I believe there are still many good people out there. We don’t always agree on everything or what others do/say but for the most part it remains respectful here. Overall R5G is a very fun, friendly place and we have some of the best people who I’m glad to be able to call friends!

I gotta say I'm loving MP2 just as much as MP1!!

1690292878281.jpeg

1690292917271.jpeg
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY !!!!!
Reading your post, I suddenly realized that Truck just had his 2nd B-Day !!! 2 years, just under 16,000 miles, about 8000 miles towing, and not one day down time.
I'm definitely one Happy Ranger Owner !!! :party:
Great forum....Great members....Cheer's to all.....:like:
Sponsored

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Well, don't tell her about my wife's policy. Every dollar I spend on my 68 Cutlass and my 21 Tremor is equaled by a contribution to her jewelry fund.

Your girlfriend is going to want a BIG ring. :LOL:
Tell me about it! :facepalm:

One good thing about the accident is she said to me I know this is going to cost you some money now so don't worry about the ring for now. :whew: Then I just shelled out $3,800 in sales tax, vehicle tax and reg fees so I'm good for a while longer.🤓

I kid but she's a keeper and she deserves one just for putting up with me all these years.😂

ppfd

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tremor
Occupation
RN/Paramedic
As far as a brand specific vehicle forum, this one is pretty laid back.
I too had a Tacoma and TW, had me wading though rabid cult like behaviors more than a few times to find information. It is a big active forum thoug.

Funny, Ive been reading all the crying and bitching about the new Tacoma, they are truly scared their demigod truck is going to get knocked off its throne

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
As far as a brand specific vehicle forum, this one is pretty laid back.
I too had a Tacoma and TW, had me wading though rabid cult like behaviors more than a few times to find information. It is a big active forum thoug.

Funny, Ive been reading all the crying and bitching about the new Tacoma, they are truly scared their demigod truck is going to get knocked off its throne
They have a huge cult following just like the Jeep forum. I just couldn't stomach the blindness to the 3rd Gens faults where they'd make up every excuse in the book trying to defend it.

What's funny is I remember someone here posting they were over there on TW when the Ranger first came out. They were all laughing about how it had a little 4cy turbo and how unreliable they are and blah, blah, blah. Now they're getting one and I'd love to see what those same clowns are saying. lol

Blue Streak

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX FX 2021 Honda CR V
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Joined this forum back in 19 when I got my Ranger. I just wanted to see what was going on with them. I also have no interest in social media. This is as social as it gets. Lots of interesting topics & opinion's on same. I do believe that in time of need some local brothers be be willing to lend a hand if able. I am on the Honda CR V forum, talk about boring. There site is much harder to navigate. A lot of do a search its been beat to death. Thanks all for a good time. :like: :cool: I really mean great party palace Dave.

Kristina

First Name
Kristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Raptor week 40, Wildtrak `22 2.0 diesel - sold
Dave @AzScorpion get the ring already!
She’s not going to hint forever 😳

Happy fourth year anniversary and thank you for sharing your posts through humor prism with us!

LaBalbe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Happy Rangerversary, Dave! Glad you got roped into this forum; I'm not big on social media either, but this is a fun place to hang around, despite all the bitching I get from my wallet!

BS67

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Eye Tech, 2A supporter, USMC "Doc" '89-'95
Happy Anniversary Dave!

as far as possible ring/Wedding vows goes get a 5 or 10 year mairriage license that way your not locked in long term. And......prenupt the Ranger so it stays yours!🤣👍

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase

that is true it is odd being younger in here lmao.
hey sometimes those after work naps are nice haha especially for me atm i just went first shift after 12 years of being on 2nd haha
A while back, a younger person who had recently joined the forum asked, in a bit of a panic, if he had bought a boomer truck.

Maybe not a boomer truck but likely a boomer forum.😃

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Happy Anniversary Dave!

as far as possible ring/Wedding vows goes get a 5 or 10 year mairriage license that way your not locked in long term. And......prenupt the Ranger so it stays yours!🤣👍
:like::handsinair:

1690316917196.png

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
You’re absolutely right Dave, time flies. It’s hard to imagine that it’s been almost four years since I bought my truck. Most folks would consider it a bit old but it still feels new to me and looks new when it’s cleaned up.

I was never active in a forum before this one - sure, I signed up for some earlier Ranger forums to get advice on some repairs for my 4g but I was never an contributing member by any stretch.

But the good nature of the forum members stood out when I first joined and it’s been fun getting to know more about my truck, sharing information with others, and getting to some of the folks on here - even the “characters” that come and go. It’s the community at 5G that made me stick around and choose to participate instead of just lurking.

So, thanks everyone, it’s fun swapping stories with you folks here and getting to know some of you on a more personal level. 👍
Sponsored