First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
I have been quite happy with mine. Being my first turbo engine it took me a bit to understand the saying "you can have boost, or you can have mpg's. You can't have both". But, when I did I was good to go. :)

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I've owned many trucks and have never bought one for the gas mileage. Towing capacity, cargo weight, comfort and drivetrain and much higher on my list. With that said it is a bonus averaging 22 mpg with my Ranger but it's not high on my list of things I look at while truck shopping.

Cabose-1

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Student
I've owned many trucks and have never bought one for the gas mileage. Towing capacity, cargo weight, comfort and drivetrain and much higher on y list. With that said it is a bonus averaging 22 mpg with my Ranger but it's not high on my list of things I look at while truck shopping.
Ditto azscorpion. Except for i average 18mpg. Been driving like i am driving miss daisy lately. Looking for the eco, not the boost.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Ditto azscorpion. Except for i average 18mpg. Been driving like i am driving miss daisy lately. Looking for the eco, not the boost.
Same here Eli. I feel like I'm an old man driving to the store now trying to stay out of the boost. lol

Cabose-1

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Student
Same here Eli. I feel like I'm an old man driving to the store now trying to stay out of the boost. lol
Its because my ecoboost badge was deleted! So i did not know, and with no damper..........i lose the extra mpg! Haha

paval3

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Crewcab & 2003 Mountaineer Premier
I've owned many trucks and have never bought one for the gas mileage. Towing capacity, cargo weight, comfort and drivetrain and much higher on my list. With that said it is a bonus averaging 22 mpg with my Ranger but it's not high on my list of things I look at while truck shopping.
Towing was #1 one on my list. Needed something with the same rating as my 8 cyl 2003 Mountaineer to pull my utility trailer full of bulk sawdust/shavings I use for horse bedding.

Yinzcity

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
My gas mileage is piss poor in this truck. I live in the midwest so I know the winter slightly hurts your MPGs, but I still don't think I should be averaging 13.5 MPG.

Only modification is 32 inch tires.
I think winter does a number on the mileage and remote start seems to eat up gas for some reason. Averaging 17 mpg in the winter on a bone stock Lariat. The dash says 20, but hand calculations are lower. Also, as much as auto start stop is anoying it does save a bit of gas in city driving and when it's cold enough it's disabled by the vehicle.

Meech_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4 / 2021 VW Tiguan R-Line
Maybe it is my remote start that's draining it soo badly. I bet you're on to something. I use my remote start and let it sit for 5-10 minutes at a time before leaving out here in the winter.

I just want to make sure it's fully warmed up because driving this truck while it's cold, makes the transmission hurk n jerk.

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Maybe it is my remote start that's draining it soo badly. I bet you're on to something. I use my remote start and let it sit for 5-10 minutes at a time before leaving out here in the winter.

I just want to make sure it's fully warmed up because driving this truck while it's cold, makes the transmission hurk n jerk.
If you didn't recalculate the speedo for bigger tires it's going to read lower too. I went from 15 to 18mpg when I changed the tire size in forscan.
Sponsored