First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I only went one size larger 265/70/17. No mud guards and I've never noticed my rockers getting hit with anything and they're still like new.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
What tire do you have? The generals seem to hold a lot of rock.
Nitto Ridge Grapplers. They don't throw rocks like most tires and they're very quiet on the street.

IMG_1405.jpg

IMG_1493.jpg

OP
OP

TyRoosevelt

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Teacher
Nitto Ridge Grapplers. They don't throw rocks like most tires and they're very quiet on the street.

IMG_1405.jpg

IMG_1493.jpg
Wow, those were the ones I was looking at. You made my decision easier. Your truck looks great. Thanks!

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
What tire do you have? The generals seem to hold a lot of rock.
I’m pretty sure that’s why they’re called Grabbers.

I have them and no problems here.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Wow, those were the ones I was looking at. You made my decision easier. Your truck looks great. Thanks!
Thanks! I like that they're aggressive for off road and yet still quiet on the street. I rotate them every 5,000 miles and there's barely any wear.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I'll just put in a plug for my Toyo AT III tires. I've had them on a few months now, and they are very quiet on road and have done a great job in mud and snow. The only negative (and this would be true of most any offroad tire) is it has hurt my MPG a bit. I did not like the Hankooks - IMO the only thing they were good for was MPG.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I added 265/70/17 Nitto Grapplers but I think they're the G2's. I didn't notice anything getting thrown into the rockers but I added rok blokz mud flaps anyway because of the gunk an salt on the winter roads here.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Did you notice your rocker panels getting hit less? I am trying to see if it is worth it to change the tires. Thanks
What does this mean?

Reactions: Doc
OP
OP

TyRoosevelt

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Teacher
What does this mean?
[/QU

the
What does this mean?
The tires on the tremor are prone to rock slinging. The grooves in the tire retain the rocks and project them at higher speeds. Some have said their rocker panels have become torn up as a result. I was deciding for an alternative that didn’t further the damage to the rocker panel.

HMG03

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor, 05/06 ZX6R 636 Stunt Bike
Occupation
Firefighter
I have 2 sets of wheels. The factory A/T’s with the stock wheels for bad weather and trails, and a set of American Racing Baja rims and some el cheapo highway tires for commuting and daily driving. I just swap ‘em out in the driveway.

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
While I hate how much these Grabbers sling rocks, I actually dig their performance so just got mud flaps till they wear out. I am leaning towards Toyo AT3 in 275/70/17 e rated and yet they are technically about 0.5" lighter than the Grabber ATX. If you stuck with 265/70/17 I think you save about 1 Lb per tire.

I have Nitto Ridge Grapplers on our AWD Honda Pilot and I do like them, they hardly sling rocks at all, but I am looking for something different. I will say, the Ridge Grapplers do make more noise than the Grabber ATX but it is not annoying. Nothing like a mud tire. I have 265/60/18 on the Pilot.

I feel the Ridge Grapplers have more grip on-road too than the Grabbers, The Pilot being AWD makes me uncertain how much is the AWD vs Tire, but I am quite sure the tire grips better on road and it is not all the AWD system. The Grapplers make a noise when accelerating too hard as if they are at the breaking point of spinning if traction control allowed it.

Just my .02 cents

bentroia

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Logistics
The tires on the tremor are prone to rock slinging. The grooves in the tire retain the rocks and project them at higher speeds. Some have said their rocker panels have become torn up as a result. I was deciding for an alternative that didn’t further the damage to the rocker panel.
The type of loose rocky road surface and the frequency driving it have to be part of this equation.. to be reasonably objective..