For those with Tremor Package

RD_Kona

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XLT Tremor
My MGP is consistently 19ish. Only 1 tank has gotten me above 20 and that was all highway.

I've never gotten the low to mid 20s others have seen.

I don't worry about MPG anymore (other than as a potential indicator something is wrong). If each tank averages about 19 then I just drive.
Sponsored

Sable

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Xtl Tremor , 2002 Tacoma
Occupation
Glass Artist
2022 tremor. just hit 10800 miles
I have only used top tier gas, 91 octane
no towing
80% sports mode / 20% drive mode

if I drive only short distances(5-10miles) in the city only I get around 15-16 mpg
if I drive a mix of hwy and city (20-30mins drives) right around 19-20 mpg
our last big road trip a few weeks ago, we drove from San Diego, CA to San Juan islands, WA and back. all kinds of driving situations. 3800 miles total, 23.3 mpg
we did a big trip back in April (southwest national parks), 2000 miles total 22.1mpg (it was avg high 24s until we hit crazy headwinds driving from Las Vegas to San Diego which killed the mpgs)
the best I saw it was in Oregon on the coast driving around 50-55mph I hit 25.1

Im happy if I can get 400 miles per tank.

les101ca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Just bought a new 2023 Tremor in Sacramento and drove it back to Austin. Best segment I was at 25.0mpg. Worse segment was at 19.8mpg (calculated not using the built-in as I found that tended to show about 1mpg better than calculated). My 19.8 occurred with road construction that caused us to sit and wait for the pilot vehicle. Speed was consistently over 65 and many times 80+.

Dino

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 2006 Cayman S, 1970 XLH
Occupation
Retired LEO
Haven't reset the onboard fuel economy readout since I bought my Tremor in May of '21. Currently shows 20.7, FWIW.

JasonTremor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
It varies based on a lot of factors. For me, 95% of the time, I average around 21mpg +/- 1mpg per tank manually calculated driving country back roads for trips less than 10 miles. I had a few long interstate trips a couple weeks ago about 180 miles each way. Speed limits varied between 55 and 70. I got 25.9 mpg manually calculated on those trips. I only stopped one time for a break each way. Truck is stock other than a hard fold tonneau cover. In my experience, the tonneau cover added about 1.5 mpg per tank.

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
I have a 21 Tremor with a 1" level and 30k miles. The only time my tank to tank average dips below 20 mpg is when I am towing.

Around town in the summer I get 22 to 23 mpg. In the winter it drops to 20 to 21. On the hiway I get 23 to 25.

FWIW, I have never owned a vehicle that I was not able to beat the EPA rating for the vehicle.

ccasanova22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT Tremor
Here is some real world MPG in 65 degree weather, towing a U-Haul 5’ x 8’ cargo trailer at 50MPH.

Tires inflated to the sticker (39-40psi), cruise set at 50MPH, flat ground, little to no wind.

16.x is the best it could do. And that’s with a good alignment, evenly worn tires, mid-grade fuel, and no mods that would reduce mpg.

IMG_0668.jpeg

Reddog

First Name
cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 ranger tremor
Occupation
transportation
2023 tremor factory 373 rear gears wheels and tires 2inch level front 1 inch rear shackle hard trifold bed cover 17 city 20-23 hwy driving the Speer limit 13 - 16 towing 6x12 aluma trailer with 1600lb side x side

IMG_3098.jpeg

hookem57

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Driver
I think the Tremor has the same gear ratio as the other. I could be wrong but I did not see anything in my research to indicate a difference.
I checked. Agreed. The only difference is the Tremor's 1st gear is lower more for crawling. I don't know if that affects it but something surely does.

LIMITY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
2023 Tremor, got it a couple months ago and have over 3500 miles on it. Only modification is an AWE exhaust, and taking off those damn stupid side steps.

My lifetime is 22.6. My highway driving is almost all 60mph, which seems to be a sweet spot for gas mileage. City driving is where I see the mileage shoot down fast, faster than my previous Ranger, a 2019 FX4. But I'm good at using cruise control when I can, and otherwise cruising to stops and red lights. Every little bit helps.

I was also worried about the EPA estimated gas mileage, but I can't complain. Is it lower than my previous Ranger? Yes. Is it better than I thought I'd get? Yes!

Bravesfan1995

First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Construction
I get almost 22.0 even if I’m super easy on the skinny pedal. More realistically I’m getting 20-21 though. If I drop it into S I get like 18. I do run 93 in it though so that may help. For the first 3000 miles, I was getting like 17.5 no matter what I did, but it’s slowly been getting better since then.

Lcr3000

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Tremor
Occupation
IT Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I am going to look at a used on next week. While looking it up, it says the MPG is 19/19/19. How can that be? I understand it will get a little less die to the added wright, increase lift and large tires but to get 19 city and 19 highway is confusing. Any real world experience with Tremor MPG?
I guess I'm blessed compared to some others but not by much.
I get 19 city and 24 highway, which is what regular Ranger trucks claim on the sticker for economy. Now that's if I manually drive and don't use cruise and am in a less mountainous area, more flat roads and of course, no towing. But my average, which is a little of both, is where the question speaks the truth, is about 20.5 mpg

Danny RN

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Retired Army/Registered Nurse.
MPG with this thing is all over the place. Towing a travel trailer, even at 55mph max, produces mpg in the low teens. And as someone said, if you take it easy, 20’s is possible, although if you are like most and do 70mph down the highway and suburban shopping mall style driving, expect the sticker to be spot on.
Agree. I live in northern Wisconsin and there is this 15 mile stretch I drive often. It is totally flat and if I set cruise on 60 (in summer) I can get my averages up to 25+. I don't have tremor, just FX4.

EJH

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus, 2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
That's really bad. Like...something might be wrong kind of bad.
Actually pretty average towing MPG for our trucks. Not sure why you are talking about?

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
I checked. Agreed. The only difference is the Tremor's 1st gear is lower more for crawling. I don't know if that affects it but something surely does.
So you are saying the Tremor has a different transmission than other Rangers. I really doubt that.
Sponsored