Who else has abandoned their sports car?

hmott

First Name
Harlan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Tremor
Occupation
Software
Its very rare to see another guards red 911 and seeing 2 others in this pretty small group is unusual for sure! My sports car is not abandoned, although I admit the ranger gets a lot more miles.

MicrosoftTeams-image (9).jpg
Sponsored

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
ive been really missing a fast powerful ride lately. the 5g has been waiting on repairs at the body shop for a while so ive driven the 4g every where. its a great lil truck but it is not satisfying for "drivers" that like to drive. I need a weekend with a muscle car or Donzi to cure this... the videos kinda meh but, triple digits on a small hull like that low on the water would feel like Mach 2 lol.
maybe a trike, those can am fs 3 things are cool. 100 plus hp, thats pretty stout on a bike.

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Tremor, '16 Audi TT, '21 Ducati Hyper, '85 E30
Occupation
Engineer
I ordered my Ranger to be able to tow my sports car (and SxS'). May even order a 5.0 Mustang at the end of the year...

1658957172805.png
Ha I've also been looking at Mustangs, but then I think new mustang or a mint C7 Corvette.

jflogerzi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD/Tow CG MY22 Ranger XLT 2WD, Track Car FRS 2013
Its very rare to see another guards red 911 and seeing 2 others in this pretty small group is unusual for sure! My sports car is not abandoned, although I admit the ranger gets a lot more miles.

MicrosoftTeams-image (9).jpg
What generation. My Buddy has has a 991.2 GT3

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
I ordered my Ranger to be able to tow my sports car (and SxS'). May even order a 5.0 Mustang at the end of the year...

1658957172805.png
Clearly you are tracking it, what organization runs your track days and where do you run?

yamahaSHO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaztuning.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Ranger, 23 Maverick, 04 S2000, 07 Sky RL
Occupation
ECU Calibration - USAF Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Clearly you are tracking it, what organization runs your track days and where do you run?
NASA, SCCA, BMWCCA, and anyone running an event I want to do.

I've missed a lot of track time in the last few years, but High Plains Raceway and PPIR have been what I've been running. Used to run Raceway Park of the Midlands regularly when I lived 10 minutes from it.

Now moving to Arkansas next month and Hallett looks to be the closest.

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
NASA, SCCA, BMWCCA, and anyone running an event I want to do.

I've missed a lot of track time in the last few years, but High Plains Raceway and PPIR have been what I've been running. Used to run Raceway Park of the Midlands regularly when I lived 10 minutes from it.

Now moving to Arkansas next month and Hallett looks to be the closest.
In SCCA, do they call that Solo 1 still, or do they have another category of event? I am assuming it isn’t full on Road Racing (looks too nice to be RR).

yamahaSHO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaztuning.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Ranger, 23 Maverick, 04 S2000, 07 Sky RL
Occupation
ECU Calibration - USAF Retired
Vehicle Showcase
In SCCA, do they call that Solo 1 still, or do they have another category of event? I am assuming it isn’t full on Road Racing (looks too nice to be RR).

With SCCA, I do AutoX. For NASA, I do time trials. But I honestly have the most fun on open lapping days.

Scott D

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL/STX
I drove a 2001 Bullitt GT daily from 2001-2011. Then it barely moved from 2011-2020 because I got a company vehicle.

Now I have a 2020 Ranger that barely moves, lol.

But all jokes aside, the Ranger is a lot more practical and comfortable. The Bullitt was a great car for me at age 30, but not so much at age 50.

Plus the paint was starting to look bad and it lost it's spot in the garage to the new Ranger, so it made sense to let it go.

I imagine the new owner has gotten it repainted by now. He also has a 2008 Bullitt GT, so it went to a good home.

IMG_20201005_162709958_HDR.jpg
Sponsored