First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I got that screen a few times an my radio an 12V started to kick off right after turning the truck off. I would have had the battery tested at the dealership but I was out of warranty by 2K miles.

I upped the charge percent to 90% an that stopped that warning but the stuff still kicks off faster than it did before. It's like 5 minutes vs 15.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
This is the lovely early signs of a failed battery. I had only had it happen after the encounter with Ground Beef and never had to worry about another thing on the truck. For you I say replace the battery with a brand you like or try to get it replaced under warranty if you are still within the 3 year 36K period.
Frenchy found info on wildlife vs vehicle strikes and cows aren't even on the radar, however I have seen plenty of the stupid things (cows) on forest service roads where it's open range. Way back in the 80s I remember camping in the backcountry and being woken by a cattle roundup that passed right through where we were camped, kicking up clouds of dust. Squirrels strikes top in CO, WY it's cats.

https://www.havahart.com/wildlife-on-the-road

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...rash-car-windscreen-attempting-mate-road.html

HDA

First Name
Hector
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT Shadow Black
Occupation
Travel X-ray Tech
I just had my truck in for the same thing. Just hit 30k and they said it was the battery. Warranty covered it and they replaced it.
Same exact scenario here, about a month ago. 2021 30k miles failed battery, replaced via warranty at dealership.

JimH

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCrew
Occupation
Retired
Same exact scenario here, last year. My 2020 had about 20k miles, failed battery, replaced via warranty at dealership.

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
There's a whole thread on here about Ford and their efforts to rein in their warranty percentage and related costs. And there are at least 6295 1/2 threads here about battery life.

Wouldn't you think seeing "battery" constantly in their Ranger warranty reports would initiate some sort of fix at/by Ford?! Or is this simply a perfect example of why Ford struggles to get a handle on warranty issues? Company too cumbersome to implement the needed changes?

I don't know. Still a month plus away from getting my truck but this whole battery thing just seems dumber than hell to me. Seriously. Just stupid.

Just my 2 cents.

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat, ‘23 Macan,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
There's a whole thread on here about Ford and their efforts to rein in their warranty percentage and related costs. And there are at least 6295 1/2 threads here about battery life.

Wouldn't you think seeing "battery" constantly in their Ranger warranty reports would initiate some sort of fix at/by Ford?! Or is this simply a perfect example of why Ford struggles to get a handle on warranty issues? Company too cumbersome to implement the needed changes?

I don't know. Still a month plus away from getting my truck but this whole battery thing just seems dumber than hell to me. Seriously. Just stupid.

Just my 2 cents.
Relax. Drove mine normally for 42 months and had to replace the battery. No big deal. That’s about all I expected the original battery to make it.
Just drive it.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
I’ll take a dead battery any day over I think I threw a rod or my transmission is toast!
how about the dreaded HVAC failure. interesting transmission posts about underfills from the factory, maybe Ford has outsourced the tranny fill task to Jiffy Lube ?

Caliope

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger CC 4WD Lariat, 2022 Bronco Sport OB
My 2019 has had its battery warranty replaced twice. I know my issue is not driving it enough.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
You think? :LOL:
Yeah, I’m sure it would have gone a different way if I was just another “cidiot with a cottage up here on the lake”. :D

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
Yeah, I’m sure it would have gone a different way if I was just another “cidiot with a cottage up here on the lake”. :D
Hey, not criticizing at all, if you got the juice, by all means use it, life is too short to overpay :)

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
Relax. Drove mine normally for 42 months and had to replace the battery. No big deal. That’s about all I expected the original battery to make it.
Just drive it.
I can do that! :like:

Well, once I get it. :computerrage:

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist

Just my 2 cents.
What we don't know is how many batteries would fail if they were charged to 100%.
Sponsored