Rear view cam comes on in Drive

Hot Pepper Red Zeppelin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
This started on the weekend. In the manual it says the camera should only come on when shifter is in reverse and if it's coming on when not in reverse to have it checked out. One weird thing though is when it is on in drive there is a "cancel" button in the top left corner and if you hit it the camera will turn off.
Sponsored

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
This started on the weekend. In the manual it says the camera should only come on when shifter is in reverse and if it's coming on when not in reverse to have it checked out. One weird thing though is when it is on in drive there is a "cancel" button in the top left corner and if you hit it the camera will turn off.
Does it stay on all the time, no matter what speed you’re going?

DeathRanger

First Name
Peyton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport 4x4
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Have you updated your sync to the latest version?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
It goes off at 6 mph also just like it does normally.

Has sync been updated recently? Mine was current just a month or so ago.
If it's going off at 5-6 mph than that's normal. There's a setting you can turn off so it doesn't come on when you put it into drive. I turned mine on because I like this feature.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
So if you put your truck in D without first putting it in R and backing up your camera comes on? That's what mine is doing. Here is the section from the manual that indicates something is wrong.

Screenshot_20191029-063040.jpg
No I don't think that's right. I thought you were going from R to D. There's a section in the settings where you can add a delay (5 sec) so your camera stays on in D but you have to have been in R first.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
No I don't think that's right. I thought you were going from R to D. There's a section in the settings where you can add a delay (5 sec) so your camera stays on in D but you have to have been in R first.
There's a setting in mine that will allow the camera to stay on to +5 or +6mph no matter how long. There is a cancel button in this case. I think this is normal operation.

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
There's a setting in mine that will allow the camera to stay on to +5 or +6mph no matter how long. There is a cancel button in this case. I think this is normal operation.
Where's that Setting located?

OP
OP
Hot Pepper Red Zeppelin

Hot Pepper Red Zeppelin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Screenshot_20191029-194606.jpg
So I played with this today and it is the rear camera delay that is causing it. I had turned that setting on just a couple weeks ago but I almost never start out going forward, I'm always backing up. Last weekend circumstances had me starting out going forward several times. Anyway, if you have the RCD setting on and shift into drive the camera image will come on and there is a cancel button in the upper left corner where the zoom controls are when in reverse, if you press the cancel button the image will go away, if you don't press the cancel button the image will go away at 6 mph.

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
So I played with this today and it is the rear camera delay that is causing it. I had turned that setting on just a couple weeks ago but I almost never start out going forward, I'm always backing up. Last weekend circumstances had me starting out going forward several times. Anyway, if you have the RCD setting on and shift into drive the camera image will come on and there is a cancel button in the upper left corner where the zoom controls are when in reverse, if you press the cancel button the image will go away, if you don't press the cancel button the image will go away at 6 mph.
I have the camera delay setting on but mine doesn’t come on in D unless I shift into R first.

hughesjv

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Late tot he game...I was about to post the section about Rear Camera Delay to see if that was what it was...I am glad you have it figured out!

drman2013

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
There is a option in the Display settings that will allow you to enable or disable the Delay on the rear camera. The delay is so you can see what you ran over when as you drive away! lol! The Manual is very helpful!

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
There is a option in the Display settings that will allow you to enable or disable the Delay on the rear camera. The delay is so you can see what you ran over when as you drive away! lol! The Manual is very helpful!
Maybe shifting to D just slow enough to trip the camera going past R?
Sponsored