Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
That's all it takes to be a salvage??
doesn't look like much but parts might not be available. Doesn't look like enough to hurt the frame.

There was a thread on here about someone getting hit an the insurance company refusing to total the truck but it was taking months to get the parts to fix it. If I remember right there was close to 20K in damage too! A lady did a left hand turn into my path in my fusion...I wanted it totaled but they fixed it. Wholesale value was $9-10K on it at the time an damage was $5400.

Strokerduster

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger XLT, 2019 Edge ST, 1946 CJ2a street rod, shop full of motoorcycles
Vehicle Showcase
That's all it takes to be a salvage??
Seriously doubt it. I just got mine out of the body shop last week for a deer hit. They replaced left front fender and both doors and the bill was $4600. There were no issues getting any of the parts.

LightingBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fx4 off-road Larit Supercab (2019)
FWIW, the modifications Ford made to the 2.3 for duty in Ranger are significant compared to the 2.3 used for Mustang. I would be apprehensive to use a Mustang motor interchangeably for Ranger duty. It's probably prohibitively expensive to try and get an RS engine, so you're left with wrecked Rangers or from the manufacturer.

I found this article via a search here on Ranger5G, although they did a poor job of citing their sources so i'll link the original article rather than the copy/paste.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-shows/detroit-auto-show/a15840269/ford-focus-rs-ranger-engine/

wmadoty

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Technology Manager
0-60 mid 6 second range & mid 15s quarter mile in a bone stock 4wd 4 cyl pickup that can tow 7500lbs, go almost anywhere off road that a Jeep can and get over 20mpg. This thread reminds me why in my older age I buy a vehicle for what it is capable of from the factory. Just don't need the headache. Truck is comfortable, drives nice and tows the boat flawlessly. If I want to haul ass then I fire up the Vette which is also bone stock only slightly faster and has no roof when on the road. :sunglasses:
For me it is a Yahama FJR 1300 but we share the same thoughts.

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
For me it is a Yahama FJR 1300 but we share the same thoughts.
Fine choice and a comfortable screamer! I have a 2021 Yamaha V-Max SHO outboard on the boat and love it. Performance, quality and fit n finish detail are all great.

wmadoty

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Technology Manager
Ahh, you have never lived until you are flying down the highway and the tortured sounds of a piston yearning for freedom from the engine block suddenly distract you from your Dream Theater cassette while white smoke suddenly appears everywhere and your windshield is covered in oil. Yup, dems the good 'ole days.

At least when I blew the engine in my Fiero the engine was behind me.
Or the squeal of an intake valve dropping into a cylinder at 8K sounding exactly like a mortally wounded animal until the RPM's drop low enough to bring the piston destroying squeal down to a horrible clattering noise that eventually leads to complete engine lockup. At least he oil pressure was good until seizure in the Toyota Celica with the 22R.