First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
Ford Performance Engine 310 Horsepower 2.3L 4V DOHC Mustang EcoBoost With Starter and Alternator 2018-2021

Ford Performance:
M-6007-23TA
Be the first to review this product
Tap for product details
MSRP $6,550.00
$5,581.49
You save 15%
Starting at $505/mo with Affirm. Prequalify now
Ships In 5-7 DaysThis item typically ships within 5-7 Days
Email me when this product is in stock

Add to Cart

Add to Wish ListAdd to Compare
Skip to the end of the images gallery

Ford Performance Engine 310 Horsepower 2.3L 4V DOHC Mustang EcoBoost With Starter and Alternator 2018-2021

Skip to the beginning of the images gallery
Product Description
Ford Performance
Ford Performance 310 Horsepower 2.3L 4V DOHC EcoBoost Engine with a Starter and Alternator for 2018, 2019 ,2020 and 2021 2.3L Mustangs.
If only the best will satisfy the under hood needs in your 2018-2021 Mustang, this Ford Performance M-6007-23TA 310 Horsepower 2.3L 4V DOHC EcoBoost Engine with a Starter and Alternator I simple ideal. This turbocharged engine is perfect for anything from your street rod to your classic Mustang.
Features and Benefits:
- 310 horsepower boost
- 350 pounds per feet of torque (with 93 octane fuel)
- Designed for traditional rear drive installations
- Includes production turbocharger and engine wiring harness
This premium Ford Performance turbocharged engine can be dropped into your street rod or classic Mustang, or whatever vehicle build you're working on! Ford Performance includes the turbocharged 2.3L EcoBoost engine block as well as the starter and alternator and all the necessary mounting hardware. This powerful engine provides more than 300 horsepower but does require a return-style fuel system in whatever vehicle you install it into. Be sure to grab your new control pack (M601723T) and get to work on your performance machine today! The installation process, made easier by the inclusion of the required installation hardware, is designed to be a traditional rear drive installation.
Includes:
- 2.3L EcoBoost engine as used in the 2018-2020 Mustang
- Starter and Mounting hardware
- Alternator and Mounting hardware
- Throttle Body and Engine Kit
Please Note: This 2.3L EcoBoost crate engine requires a return-style fuel system.
Tech Tip: Bell housing mount pattern is common to 4.6L modular engines. To really dial this in with the available control pack, we strongly recommend checking out the COBB Accessport designed specifically for this combination.
*Designed to be used with the Ford Performance Control Pack (M-6017-23T) which is sold separately.
California Residents: Proposition 65 Warning
Made in USA
Truck Freight Shipping Applies
Installation & Fitment
Questions & Answers
Reviews
Complete

From CJ Ponyparts
Regards
Doc

codestp202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Not all long blocks are the same. OP might not want to mess with the potential of different alternator locations, accessory locations, getting an even more advanced tune to run the other engine. A lot of programming and work may be required vs buying a replacement long block.

Might be less work than I'm thinking, but I don't think it would be a drop in engine like a replacement long block would be.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but our 2.3 is more similar to the Focus RS than a Mustang right?

aeroshots

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Or at 8k in high gear, in a burn out, with about 10K people watching you.....

duster2.jpg
Or you're cruising along at 100% military power and a turbine blade exits the side of the engine nacelle. Not the same as a piston but the side of the road is a little further away ?. Until it's not.?

parkranger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX super crew
Occupation
Locksmith
Why would they provide more information than they need to?
Because OP is paying for the teardown shouldn't he be entitled to a more detailed analysis other than "well it's definitely broken"? I would expect a more detailed report, personally. I mean if I was paying for said analysis...

DrizzyDrake

First Name
Drake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Legacy GTB, RX7 FD, soon buying a ranger
Occupation
Technician at Subaru
Just spoke with 5 Star Tuning, and told them that Ford blames “All the Mods” as I asked what specific “MOD” caused my engine to fail... also told 5 Star that I purchased their warranty... I was put on hold, and told them, I don’t believe it’s the tune... he pulled up my data etc... they’ll get back to me within an hour and a half... Excellent Customer Service... Ford is still crickets, on what exact “MOD” killed the engine...
When I worked at Subaru it was interesting. If it was a low milage blown engine we had to get data. Anything over 50k was usually replaced without question. And if the customer blew the second engine we would get data. If the boost pressure was over spec or if there was any other details indicating a tune then it would be denied. However, I though ford would care less as they sell their own tune...

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
@Project Midnight

I have a special place in my heart for sometimes being a passive aggressive bastard with the artful skill of extracting information. Give me the word and the proper phone number at Ford and "OFC Lawyer" could see about getting you some more info. Playing pretend as an adult is still fun at times.
you can be literally anyone on the phone, done it myself more times that I will admit.
..with more success than I would expect.

Last edited:

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Because OP is paying for the teardown shouldn't he be entitled to a more detailed analysis other than "well it's definitely broken"? I would expect a more detailed report, personally. I mean if I was paying for said analysis...
I already amended to say he should probably get some more information if he paid for the teardown. I also said that he probably should have clarified what he would get before paying. But should be expect to find an exact cause? No, this is real life, not a tv show. He didn't pay enough for someone to analyze every component and run simulations to find out exactly what failed. The demand to know "which mod" is just silly. Knowing that there is stuff attached that will run the engine out of spec and then confirming that the failure is exactly what happens if you run it out of spec is (IMO) sufficient. There simply isn't a need, or a practical way, to identify one specific thing that was too much--especially since the effect of the changes is probably cumulative.

As I've said before, any one engine can probably get pushed further than Ford pushed them stock. But ford chooses the stock limits exactly to limit their warranty liability. They did a lot of testing during development and probably know fairly well how much the failure rate increases for every extra horse or pound-foot. If you want more performance that's cool, but if you happen to have one of the samples that fails when pushed it's not Ford's job to buy an engine even though you didn't keep the specs to Ford's limits.
Sponsored