Vitis805

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
Wine Nerd
Nice job taking 5 words out of context.
Did I miss the memo that said this is "start an argument" day here on Ranger5g?

The context is the same regardless; warranty and blown motors which is the topic of the thread. I understand what Doc wrote when he said "their warranty is ridiculous" and I also understood his opinion when he said "blow your motor it's on you". I isolated the part I did not understand. let's try to stay on topic here less this turns into a damper thread.
Sponsored

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Not to mention having morbid dickhead members who might figure out your locale info and ratting you out. Why? Because some people are just pieces of shit thats why. It could be as simple as jealousy of having money to modify your vehicle more than them or some other simple minded reason for being a butthole sniffer.
OK, really wondering where this statement is coming from? Are you speaking from some type of personal experience? Sounds like a lot of anger from some place.

SILK

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Crew Cab Sport, 2018 Santa Cruz Tallboy
Occupation
IT Director
Not to mention having morbid dickhead members who might figure out your locale info and ratting you out. Why? Because some people are just pieces of shit thats why. It could be as simple as jealousy of having money to modify your vehicle more than them or some other simple minded reason for being a butthole sniffer.
Who hurt you?

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man
while you're on your A game tonight. can you crack open a few brewskies and merge some other threads? like all the damper threads for starters? maybe all the auto start stop ones too. thats a good start....let us know when you're done
This would be a full time job for at least a month of Sundays.

JTDay

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazdaspeed3, M3
Occupation
EHS
@Project Midnight

What were the conditions immediately prior to the oil light coming on? Were you driving in the city, interstate? Just get done doing WOT pulls? Were you accelerating at a low rpm/high load? How do your logs look? Any lean conditions or abnormal fuel pressure drop? Any codes come up related to valve timing?

Just curious as I'm sure there are others who may be wondering as well. The more the platform gets tuned and wrenched on, the more failures we'll all see. Wondering what the biggest failure modes of these engines are.

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man
Once this plays out it will pretty much answer how factory approaches incidents like this. Curious myself as they also offer a tune and certify other “improvements” to their offerings. The data will speak for itself. If mechanical then that changes the outcome
I am curious how this plays out as well. Ford spent millions to take back LeMans and show that it was a case of how great their EcoBoost technology was. They never came right out and said that we could monkey with all EcoBoosts but, as this and many other forums show, multiple people have inferred they could (myself included).

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Did I miss the memo that said this is "start an argument" day here on Ranger5g?

The context is the same regardless; warranty and blown motors which is the topic of the thread. I understand what Doc wrote when he said "their warranty is ridiculous" and I also understood his opinion when he said "blow your motor it's on you". I isolated the part I did not understand. let's try to stay on topic here less this turns into a damper thread.
I'm sorry you did not get what @Doc meant by his prefix to his warranty statement. It doesn't matter who's tune it is. The purpose of a tune is to get more performance out of an engine. You use that performance at your own risk. Pretty obvious if you look at the whole sentence.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
i was wondering if a damper install would void my transmission warranty. thats why i have been avoiding getting one.
Only if you get the one with added hp/tq otherwise you're just going to have girly arms and loss of upper body muscle. ?

JAKE2.3

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX, 2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Occupation
Appraiser
I have my ranger and I have an eco mustang. Honestly, this might be the first I've heard of a popped ranger motor. Mustang motors? I hear of those everyday. I will say that most of those I hear about (forums, facebook) with tunes have a hard time with their ford warranty covering it. There are some that do get help though. My advice is to be honest, cordial, and find a dealer that it willing to fight for you. You may luck out. Hopefully if you don't, then 5 star will have your back. I didn't know they offered warranties, but that's good to hear as long as they honor it as needed.

The mustang crowd cracks me up. It's usually some young guy beating the crap out of his car, sharing drag racing or burnout videos on facebook. A week later " I don't know why my car blew up". I'm not accusing you of that, I think it's mainly a twist of bad luck. Hopefully it all works out in your favor.

Vitis805

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
Wine Nerd
It doesn't matter who's tune it is. The purpose of a tune is to get more performance out of an engine. You use that performance at your own risk.
That's the very idea I asked Levittown to clarify. Their statement would help determine if "a tune is a tune" or not. Everything else is conjecture and open to interpretation. I asked Doc what his interpretation was, but thanks for chiming in ?

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
OK, really wondering where this statement is coming from? Are you speaking from some type of personal experience? Sounds like a lot of anger from some place.
None what so ever other than the anecdotal stories I've read on other forums over the years. Since we are all playing psychologists today its curious how many posters have seemingly taken the general statement personal when it was never directed at anyone.

340?cb=20171029023215.gif

I'm not always the best at social filters, so let me try now: Beware what you post online, right, wrong, or indifferent.

I'm not advocating ripping off a company, I'm also not going to advocate giving a company more ammo to fight you with then what they can muster up on their own. The source has not even been diagnosed in the OPs case - however I wouldn't give them any extra nails to hammer me to the wall with. Is anyone here going to argue a majority of dealerships won't find any legal reason, loop hole, or play on words to an ignorant customer to deny warranty work and parts? Come on...

Last edited: