Thin Sound When Shutting Front Doors

CompDude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat Rapid Red
Occupation
PAID GEEK
Written it sounds harder than it is. All in takes maybe 5-10 minutes to get it off the first time and faster for the following doors.
Do I need to buy any spare clips? Did you break any?

Meech_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4 / 2021 VW Tiguan R-Line
Sorry to bump an old thread.

I absolutely hated the ranger doors. I've heard it's only a select few of them but both my front and rear doors sounded completely hollow.
I couldn't stand when my wife would get out of the truck and slam the doors. That booming tinny sound made me absolutely despise this truck. I even had a couple of friends that made comments that it sounded cheap.

A couple of weeks ago I ordered a box of Dynamat squares off of Amazon in preparation for a group friend trip to a cabin outing.

Spent a few hours in the garage removing the door panels and adding dyanamat to the inside of the door.

What a change! Time well spent. All 4 of my doors sound solid now and a bit more heft to closing them. No more echoing boom when the doors are closed.

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
I need to try this as well. Just sounds cheap when closing the doors. I want to change out the door speakers anyway so might as well add mat while I am there.

RecoilOperated

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F-150 XLT, 2022 Subaru Outback
Occupation
ICU Nurse

Meech_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4 / 2021 VW Tiguan R-Line
I did mine with "kilmat" which is about half the price of dynamat and is essentially the same thing. I haven't even upgraded the speakers yet and it already made a world of difference in sound quality.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/what-did-you-do-to-your-ranger-today.4696/post-312291

Yeah go with Kilmat if you want to save some money. I've heard nothing but good things about those mats.
I only opted for Dynamat due to amazon shipping times to my location and there was nothing local.

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
I did mine with "kilmat" which is about half the price of dynamat and is essentially the same thing. I haven't even upgraded the speakers yet and it already made a world of difference in sound quality.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/what-did-you-do-to-your-ranger-today.4696/post-312291
Kilmat'd mine last weekend too. Such a huge difference. I bought the 36 sqft and still have half the box after doing all 4 doors. Might do the back wall when installing the electronic brake controller. Makes a huge difference in not only the speakers but also the road noise. ??

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
For what its worth the doors on my 21 XLT sound very solid with a pronounced 'thud' when closed, no echo or tiny sound. Maybe Ford listened to the complaints and added some deadening material in there..... or not.

RecoilOperated

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F-150 XLT, 2022 Subaru Outback
Occupation
ICU Nurse
For what its worth the doors on my 21 XLT sound very solid with a pronounced 'thud' when closed, no echo or tiny sound. Maybe Ford listened to the complaints and added some deadening material in there..... or not.
Mine is a '21 as well; the only material in them is a thin foam membrane behind the door card and a strip of what looks like "great stuff" spray foam along the intrusion bar in the center of the door, the rest is completely hollow.

Shelby American

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby American GT350
Occupation
Retired
Has anyone run into trouble with the door panels on the lariat? Saw a post about the ambient lighting tube removal in the door can be quite tricky.

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Has anyone run into trouble with the door panels on the lariat? Saw a post about the ambient lighting tube removal in the door can be quite tricky.
It's a tad fragile. You just have to ease it out. I didn't break mine and I'm a Neanderthal. I have faith in you.