The small things you bought for your Ranger?

ElSolo

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford XLT, Lightning Blue, FX2 pkg, 301A pkg, Tow pkg.
Just got my FX2 yesterday and I’m already smitten with that damned truck!

Lift kits, tuning, wheels, etc. are some of the big-ticket items that people have dished out to spoil their ride. But that got me wondering about what some of the less expensive things you’ve bought, added, changed to make your Ranger even more personalized. I guess what I’m saying is that I’m looking for suggestions on how I can slowly bleed my bank account. ?
Sponsored

gbritt89

First Name
Garret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Vehicle Showcase

Lift kits, tuning, wheels, etc. are some of the big-ticket items that people have dished out to spoil their ride. But that got me wondering about what some of the less expensive things you’ve bought, added, changed to make your Ranger even more personalized. I guess what I’m saying is that I’m looking for suggestions on how I can slowly bleed my bank account. ?

Ridgid 100W power inverter from the home depot lol I can charge both phones or plug in small AC powered items like camera/laptop for roadtrips!

Cellphone mount is still on my to-do list. Have the funds but haven't researched what ram mount I want lol

Do a good first initial detailing which wont be costly, but will let you get up close and personal with it to see if you uncover any paint flaws as many of us have... Enjoy the new truck!!!

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
<--<-- $25 ebay ranger racing stripe pair for the bed sides... thinking about getting another for the hood because it would fit perfect
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Range...var=462086685866&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

calvin and other stickers and decals
https://www.ebay.com/itm/6-Calvin-P...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

trim for the ignition
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2019-2020-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

this to keep dogs in the back
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GRT8C72/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

the list goes on

pull string get cookies

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 White Platinum
Vehicle Showcase

I cannot verify, though I’ve heard horror stories that if your first mod isn’t the tailgate damper... you are banned from this group for eternity!!!

FX4Offroad

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
I cannot verify, though I’ve heard horror stories that if your first mod isn’t the tailgate damper... you are banned from this group for eternity!!!
Well, I guess I'm out. The tailgate damper was the last thing I added to my truck.

I'll miss you all.

See ya!

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
I got the vinyl letters for tailgate (which I had put on), & forum decal (which I still haven't put on:blush:). My husband also bought me a "Ford" steering wheel cover. Not making many changes, but do want the swing out toolboxes one day. I have a tonneau cover & think it's great! Still haven't gotten that damper though!:giggle::sunglasses:

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer

See my add-ons in signature. Oh, and Change out the halogens up front for LEDs. Maybe switchbacks for the turns. Tailgate and hood letters add personalation.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
The tray in the console and additional USB ports have been the best small items so far.
I have also added black stainless tailgate letters and I will be buying window visors and a hood protector at some point and maybe some graphics.

console2.jpg

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired

mine is getting delivered today

Bproctor

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 2WD
Occupation
NC National Guard
Smallest thing so far for me was the 2 inch Stubby Jr. antenna to replace the long factory antenna.
How well does it work? I've read reviews where some of then have horrible reception. Thanks!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
The first thing I did was the vinyl lettering and abs lettering for the tailgate along with the Raptor grille lights. Then I added a console pad and cell phone mount.

IMG_1278.jpg

IMG_1442.jpg

IMG_2488.jpg

IMG_1435.jpg

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I've done some big things, some of them recently, like a bumper with winch and suspension.

As for smaller things:
  • Tailgate dampener
  • Ignition trim ring
  • Rear seat dog cover/hammock
  • Cell phone holder
  • Bed divider (homemade from scrap wood)
  • Home Depot plastic tote to organize recovery gear, tie-down straps, and bungies
Sponsored

Last edited: