Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I took the Lariat from Tampa Bay to Jax this week. Crossed 1K miles after 3 months of ownership. The rain sensor wiper setting is the greatest! From a blinding quarter mile visibility to an light sprinkle those wipers were spot on without me doing a thing. That pre-collision warning lit off three times and spooked me each time. Not sure what to do with that with tourists on the loose. I love this truck. '02 Edge is Lariat's companion. Love that truck too!

20200702_172518.jpg
Hi Dale,

OMG! Chrome Yellow! Oxford White cost $86 to paint, Chrome Yellow $130. You can bet the bean counters were on my Ass to delete Chrome Yellow....Did not budge and kept the color. Nice looking 5G Ranger and 02 Ranger!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Sponsored

dalerenbjor

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2002 Ford Ranger Edge
Occupation
Senior Technician Video
Hi Dale,

OMG! Chrome Yellow! Oxford White cost $86 to paint, Chrome Yellow $130. You can bet the bean counters were on my Ass to delete Chrome Yellow....Did not budge and kept the color. Nice looking 5G Ranger and 02 Ranger!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Had to repaint the valence due a back country parking lot log mishap. Took a bit with the VIN to find just what kind of yellow that is. The new paint is a bit brighter. Great color. Thanks.

Reactions: Doc

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Hi Dale,

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Nowadays they'd just use it as an excuse to charge an extra $1000 for the color ?

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
I was also a guinea pig for the Eibach Pro lift kit on 2WD,
The Chinese version of DV+ for $16 that works just fine the Same part number and all.
(I am pretty sure the Chinese make the GFB for American resellers)

and now shifting into reverse while driving to see behind the truck.....All kinds of hits, no misses so far

As far as bootlegs go. Of the companies that are selling parts and accessories. I submit most are made in China anyway,

If I have to pay 16X the cost from a US distributor on a $16 part , you can bet I'm looking at AliExpress first. The gfb on AliExpress does what it's supposed to do. No check engine lights no issues with turbo. It's a very simple part and can't cost much to make. I've seen both of them now US and Chinese. There's not much there when you look at the parts. The only difference is that the American part has the GFB logo on it.
What's a GFB?