Things you bought...but don't plan on using.

Figarou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Edge ST, 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I know I'm guilty.

I have a few accessories I'll probably never use. I have an engine block heater. Since I live in South Texas, I may not use it.

I also have the FX4 package. Always wanted an off road vehicle. And now that I have one, I don't have the time to go off road. Meh, one of the these days, I may make some time.
Sponsored

Last edited:

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
I know I'm guilty.

I have a few accessories I'll probably never use. I have an engine block heater. Since I live in South Texas, I may not use it.

I also have the FX4 package. Always wanted an off road vehicle. And now that I have one, I don't have the time to go off road. Meh, one of the these I may make some time.
I’ve used everything already. I didn’t realize a block heater was even an option, it comes standard here!

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
This kind of thought is why I got the truck I did and not the 302A XLT that was only slightly more expensive that had the technology package. I really sat and thought about the things I would use/need and what I wouldn't and this time I think I got it almost spot on. Wish it would've had running boards but like many things, that's not a big deal at all when you look at the aftermarket options!

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
Removed the dealership installed plastic bed liner. Currently for sale.
I added a Gator folding bed cover and didn’t want to trim the bed liner to fit.

Also removed the passenger side rear seat pad in my SuperCab and Velcro-ed a box in place of the seat.
Stock floor matts replaced with Husky’s matts.

OP
OP
Figarou

Figarou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ve used everything already. I didn’t realize a block heater was even an option, it comes standard here!

It's optional over here.

It's not like I wasted a lot of money. I don't think I'll be using it.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
It's optional over here.

It's not like I wasted a lot of money. I don't think I'll be using it.
I bought a tailgate damper, just to see what it was all about. Probably will not install, but wanted to see what all the rage was all about. Coming in this next week. If I install the brackets which are zinc plated (not chrome as indicated) will be soaked in muratic acid (hydrocloric acid) and then scuffed and painted polar white which is close to my Platinum White...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

OP
OP
Figarou

Figarou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I bought a tailgate damper, just to see what it was all about. Probably will not install, but wanted to see what all the rage was all about. Coming in this next week. If I install the brackets which are zinc plated (not chrome as indicated) will be soaked in muratic acid (hydrocloric acid) and then scuffed and painted polar white which is close to my Platinum White...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Oh....I have the tailgate damper. Not used to having one. But it's nice to have.

Last edited:

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Oh....I have the tailgate damper. Not used to having one. But it's nice to have.

As for something I may not install or use......(See picture.)

I'm like...."Oh, I got to have one of those." ...........When it arrives....."Why did I buy this?" Oh well, it may come in handy one of these days. :D
Tailgate dampers? I'm at a loss?

I've been opening steel tailgates since 1965. Never ever have I thought they were heavy. Now my 2019 Ford Ranger has a light weight tailgate made of aluminum. Better.... but not really even needed.

So if you have a gym membership...... and a tailgate damper..... you need to evaluate your expenses.

jhndeergrn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Tailgate dampers? I'm at a loss?

I've been opening steel tailgates since 1965. Never ever have I thought they were heavy. Now my 2019 Ford Ranger has a light weight tailgate made of aluminum.
I prefer to pop the handle and let it drop with the dampener before picking up whatever I’m throwing in the bed. Less movements = efficiency. Plus the no hands looks cooler!

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
You're right, tailgates are not that heavy. But there's been times where the tailgate slips between the fingers. :shock:
Not in my 58 years on this planet....

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
LOL...how did you find out you have a block heater?

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
LOL...how did you find out you have a block heater?
I did see it listed on the window sticker but I haven’t seen a vehicle in years without one... I just figured they all had one!

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
I'd like to see this as an option for the Ranger.
Sure.... as an option. Trucks are already 30 grand... some folks live within their means, have hand tools, and would prefer to save their money for a rainy day.

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
I'm hoping to not have to use these but it's cheap insurance.

https://shopautosock.mcgeecompany.com/passenger-autosock-698/p24426/
I wonder how well they work. The dealer I bought my truck from actually had me sign a "tire chain disclosure" that says "AS EQUIPPED, THIS VEHICLE MAY NOT BE OPERATED WITH TIRE CHAINS BUT MAY ACCOMMODATE SOME OTHER TYPE OF TIRE TRACTION DEVICE. SEE THE OWNER'S MANUAL FOR DETAILS."

Which is funny, because if I look at the manual....

2019-12-02 20_19_44-2019-Ford-Ranger-Owners-Manual-version-3_om_EN-US_04_2019.pdf - Foxit Reader.png
Sponsored