Obscure/little things you love on the Ranger

dceggert

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 302a, Trailer Tow, Technology Package, FX4 in black and a 2017 Fusion Platinum also in black
Occupation
You would not believe it if I told you
I can hold the traction control button down for several seconds and turn Advanced Track off so I can head to a parking lot on first snow and 'practice' skids and spins without nanny interference.

dmeyer302

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
The truck icon in the Off Road screen (pitch/roll/steering angle) is a ROW Ranger. You can see the different front bumper and the mullet in the bed. Hey, you asked for obscure.

fusseli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 White Platinum Tri-Coat
Occupation
EE
Vehicle Showcase
1. The flip down head rests in the back seat are so you can fully open the view through the back window on a daily driving basis. A passenger simply flips it up when needed. They definitely aren't for the seat that doesn't fold flat.

2. AdvanceTrac impressed me yesterday. I was messing around driving like an asshole in sport mode and took a left corner at about 35 or 40 on dry pavement. It pinged just the front right ABS to combat the oversteer, the bouncy fx4 flopped the truck into a straight line on the new track after the turn. It was very fast acting and shockingly well executed. :clap:

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
It's hard to pick any one thing. The temps here are running around 100 and it's great to prestart the Ranger to have it cool down some before I get to it. It is really going to be great to warm it up ahead of time for the 2 cold days we'll prob have this winter.:sun:
I just LOVE my Ranger!!!

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I love the TRON tail lights:like:
CZCzdm8.jpg

DBRanger

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX 4X4 2007 BMW 328i
Vehicle Showcase
Love the way the Turbo sounds with WOT. I do it often, whenever I see some open road. Love the all black interior including almost total blackout dash on the XL . Love the Sync voice control. Love the compliments I get almost daily on the truck, and the stares from people trying to figure out what it is.

Love the height and rake of the truck. Love the fact that I can turn off the seat belt alarms. Love everything except ASS Start stop.

DBaz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
I can hold the traction control button down for several seconds and turn Advanced Track off so I can head to a parking lot on first snow and 'practice' skids and spins without nanny interference.
Speaking of nanny interference...love how many of them you can eliminate using Forscan. The only chimes I hear now are brief warnings when fuel is low, wiper fluid etc. Brilliant.

Especially like the setting allowing full use the nav screen while driving, including changing destinations, adding POIs, you name it. Also to compose, receive and answer texts, change settings, etc.

The passenger can now actually do stuff while on the road.
Sponsored