Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Guys I connect my ELM and open Forscan and this is what I get:

1591729364818.png
\

I've looked through all these modules and have not seen the terrain management system on off function. Where is it located? What am I missing? Sorry but I've looked high and low.
If I remember correctly ot is called selectable drive modes under IPC.
Sponsored

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
If I remember correctly ot is called selectable drive modes under IPC.
Correct - just did that today.

------

NOTE:
If Forescan did not read all of the modules the first time it was used then DO NOT use the stored profile. Just make a new one. The profile contains a "map" of the CAN network and ForScan does not look for anything beyond what is in the profile (which is just a stored file of reading the network that it did the first time).

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Catching up here but I have a completely bare bones XL that could fit the bill - only option is the locking rear diff - got the TM knob in the mail yesterday. Is there a spot I can post my as built file that would be helpful?
Just attach it to a PM and send it to me. The issue is we need the ABT files from Forscan not the one from Ford.

Rick - Saber

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Ranger 4x4
Saeb is looking for someone who has changed the ATCM (which is surprisingly enough the actual name for the 4x4 knob) to pull their ABT file.
It sounds like you are saying forscan makes changes to the codes in addition to the changes we make?

He can have a copy of my XLT if it helps. Though it seems tsherman has already offered his XL file,

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Forscan reads the modules that are present, so physically changing the atcm will show different forscan results than before.

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Just attach it to a PM and send it to me. The issue is we need the ABT files from Forscan not the one from Ford.
Just exactly how does one get the ABT file from Forscan ?

Last edited:

RoadBoss

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TJAoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
95 Isuzu trooper, AE86 corolla, 19 ranger XL
Occupation
video/film, small business owner
Guys I connect my ELM and open Forscan and this is what I get:

1591729364818.png
\

I've looked through all these modules and have not seen the terrain management system on off function. Where is it located? What am I missing? Sorry but I've looked high and low.
looks like your computer is only reading the HS modules. when loading your truck in the software at some point it should ask you to to flip the switch on your OBD connector (if equipped) to MS. Once you get that part you will see the remaining modules, one of which should be IPC.

RoadBoss

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TJAoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
95 Isuzu trooper, AE86 corolla, 19 ranger XL
Occupation
video/film, small business owner
Saeb is looking for someone who has changed the ATCM (which is surprisingly enough the actual name for the 4x4 knob) to pull their ABT file.

Preferably someone with a more "base model" truck and ideally an XL.

Thanks,
Chance
I don't know what that means, but I have a XL truck. Just has the copilot360 option and locking diff.

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I'd like to add two more 2019 Lariats to my spreadsheet - an FX4 version and a non-FX4 version.

Please PM me with your VIN if you have a 2019 Lariat (I prefer to download the as-built file as I've gotten quite adept at parsing it and formatting it for the SS).

Thanks!

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
A forum member has given me his FX4 Lariat VIN to add to my spreadsheet (thanks Charlie!).

I'm still looking for Non-FX4 2019 Lariat Owner to "donate his VIN to [as-built] science" (so to speak). Please PM me if you're willing to let me look at your as-built!

Rick - Saber

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Ranger 4x4
Hi Geoff, curious if you have tried Ford's Search Inventory feature for VIN's of the trucks you seek. Obviously you are not searching to buy but it could help you narrow down the package and trim levels you are after. Pop in different zipcodes for wider search.

Hope this example copies and pastes alright from their website. If not you can get the idea.

https://shop.ford.com/inventory/ran...nger_F14-LARIAT&Order=Distance&intcmp=show-si

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Hi Geoff, curious if you have tried Ford's Search Inventory feature for VIN's of the trucks you seek. Obviously you are not searching to buy but it could help you narrow down the package and trim levels you are after. Pop in different zipcodes for wider search.

Hope this example copies and pastes alright from their website. If not you can get the idea.

https://shop.ford.com/inventory/ran...nger_F14-LARIAT&Order=Distance&intcmp=show-si
Funny you should mention this. I was sitting down intent on doing the search as you suggested but you made it easy - I just used your link/zip and found a Lariat to add to my SS. Thanks for making it easy!

WhiteLightning19

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Funny you should mention this. I was sitting down intent on doing the search as you suggested but you made it easy - I just used your link/zip and found a Lariat to add to my SS. Thanks for making it easy!
I sent @t4thfavor two VIN's of local rangers on the lot the same way. If you need a few more I can send them to you as well.

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I sent @t4thfavor two VIN's of local rangers on the lot the same way. If you need a few more I can send them to you as well.
Thanks, but I think I've got enough vehicles in the SS to see patterns (3 FX4 Lariats, 3 Non-FX4 Lariats, 1 FX4 XL, and 1 non-FX4 XL). It looks like there are 2 Pids in the ABS module and 2 Pids in the PCM module that need to be changed along with one or more IPC Pids (both the Lariats and the XL's are consistent in this regard). The next step is with Forscan.
Sponsored