Tall guys, How do you like your leg room?

Westy

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
I go about 6'2" and 235lbs. I test drove several mid sized rigs before I narrowed it down to Tacoma and Ranger. After agonizing for weeks which way to go, I took one last test drive in both and realized for me, the Ranger was by far the more comfortable of the two with superior leg and headroom.
To be fair, I'm not sure of the actual dimensions, maybe it's my posture and body type but the Ranger clearly felt better to me, YMMV. I went with the Ranger with no regrets.
Sponsored

Jmckinley

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C Max, 2019 Ranger XLT SuperCab, Kawasaki VX 300, Mazda Miata, Damon Motorhome
Occupation
Retired Engineer
So, who designs stuff like this?
On my Ranger, the power seat will go so far forward it touches the dashboard (not a useful position). Yet, I can’t get it back enough to get my knees off the dashboard unless I lower the seat so far I can’t see out.
The whole thing needs to be relocated about 2 inches rearward.

Robert Jay

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT and 2008 Porsche Carrera 4S
Occupation
Retired Antique Dealer
6'3" with 34" inseam. Legroom is OK. I'd like to have a bit more width - my right knee is on the console quite a bit.

We've done a few road trips and it's been very comfortable.
Mine also, I agree on the width.

Robert Jay

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT and 2008 Porsche Carrera 4S
Occupation
Retired Antique Dealer
I am 6’2” and 220lb and I am 66 years old. I say that because a lot more bothers one when they get older.
I find that my right knee is constantly leaning on the console and of course it hits right on the bone. When I was younger it would not have been an issue but it is now.
also I have a 34 inseam and long arms and I cannot have my arms in a comfortable position on the steering wheel unless my legs are bent up.
when the squirrels ate the wires on top of my engine this past summer because Ford was too cheap to put an engine cover on the Ranger, my truck was at the dealer for a month waiting for parts. I was lucky to get a loaner thru my insurance company of a BMW 320 I and the steering wheel ratio and position was heaven on that car.
my 2018 Mustang GT was fine and my previous 2003 F150 was also comfortable to drive.
This truck to me is like a really hot woman with a lot of flaws. I put up with it until I’m tired of the bullshit.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
I'm 6'-1" with a 34" inseam. Today I drove a Lariat and I came away wondering if the leg room was going to be adequate, especially for longer drives. Tomorrow I'll be checking out an XLT with the manual seat to see how that is.

So tall guys, are you generally satisfied with the leg room in your Ranger?

Thanks.
Cliff
I'm same height, same inseam as you. My only complaint is my right knee clunks into the area where the console intersects the dash. If I maintain perfect posture and don't slouch, it's fine. But on a long drive, I do notice the console right knee issue.

I'd like to move the seat back a couple inches.... time to break out the sawzall and welder.

Last edited:

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
I move the seat back as far as I can and extend the steering wheel as far out as I can. I have no real complaints, but I will admit the seating position in my wife's infiniti seems a lot better.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
I gave up driving the living room couch when I traded my 2005 GMC crewcab in for the Ranger.

The seating is better than economy/business airplane seating and and I don't feel cramped - 6'4" 285 and 69...and I actually have a bit more leg room than the GMC gave.:)

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
I gave up driving the living room couch when I traded my 2005 GMC crewcab in for the Ranger.

The seating is better than economy/business airplane seating and and I don't feel cramped - 6'4" 285 and 69...and I actually have a bit more leg room than the GMC gave.:)
I would love a bench seat, I have wondered if you could get a bench in the old Bronco, that might be my next ride.

Ranger X

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic Silver Ranger Sport 4x4
I’m 6’3 and I am always telling people how much room I have vs my former f150…. I am surprised at how comfortable I am driving this truck, I love it.

Vandave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Ranger FX4 Lariat
6’3” here. Ranger is perfect for me. Tacoma felt terrible. I crossed that option off my list a second after sitting in it.

dano42

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Ranger Lariat Tremor, 2018 BMW X5
Occupation
Retired!
I guess I'm the midget at 6 foot and almost 65, but this is an extremely comfortable seating position IMO. I drive with the seat a little further up so as not to extend my arms too much.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
To update my previous height-related posts, I am (still) six-foot-three, and I am still comfortable in our 2019 Ranger Lariat, both in terms of leg- and head-room. True, if I were to adjust the driver's seat to the highest level available and push the seat as far back as it goes, that would be a real headache, but anything less than that is just fine. Getting enough headroom is always the first thing I check out when I am considering a vehicle, and inadequate headroom is a deal-breaker. (So, while I love tacos, I hate Tacos.)

Last edited:

Canuckian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Crew Cab Lariat Blackout
I guess I'm the midget at 6 foot and almost 65, but this is an extremely comfortable seating position IMO. I drive with the seat a little further up so as not to extend my arms too much.
This. If anything I feel that a comfortable led seating position leaves me reaching for the steering wheel. Which is strange as I have disproportionately long arms for my 6’2 height.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I'm 6'-1" with a 34" inseam. Today I drove a Lariat and I came away wondering if the leg room was going to be adequate, especially for longer drives. Tomorrow I'll be checking out an XLT with the manual seat to see how that is.

So tall guys, are you generally satisfied with the leg room in your Ranger?

Thanks.
Cliff
That's "tall?"

I'm 6' and have no issues.

Tall to me is 6 ½' or so.
Sponsored