First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
Ughhh, mine is pretty buggy too.. Maybe 60% of the time, everything works fine..

The other 40%, its either a completly black screen, or everything is frozen and I can't even change the radio station. This morning I was on Sirius 119. It plays, but changing the dial does nothing.. it even shows the number changing 118,117,116,115, but the station doesnt change..

It seems once I power off the truck and let it sit for a few minutes it comes back on...
Lemon Law ?
Sponsored

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Escape Hybrid,18' Fusion Hybrid
This morning I was on Sirius 119. It plays, but changing the dial does nothing.. it even shows the number changing 118,117,116,115, but the station doesnt change.
This sounds like a possible AHU/ACM issue if the numbers are changing on screen but the radio itself doesn't tune.

30 seconds after each start it asks if I want to connect to wifi? I'm already connected to wifi, so I dont see why it asks that, if I say yes, it just shows that I'm connected.
Update to 19052 yet?

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
There are so many quirky bugs in the Ranger Sync 3 that I am miffed to the 10th degree.

I am not a SYNC 3 virgin, I've had it in my Mustang and Explorer and except for having trouble updating the Mustang (I had auto updates disabled because I was ignorant to its function) it has been completely trouble free in those platforms.

So I would assume that the Ranger would be good to go out of the box... Nope! I had what I assumed was a Sirus/XM problem and in fact it turn out that a Sync3 reboot cured that problem.
I've had my NAV System completely stop working, so I pulled over at the next convenience store, shut down the vehicle, use the "facilities", restart and everything worked. Today it dropped my phone, I jumped around a couple "Screens" at a long red light and it repaired my phone. It almost acts like the original SYNC from days gone by.

I spoke to the "Tech Guy" at my dealership, he knows I am Sync Savvy and he said that he has had to reboot several Rangers for similar quirks and his contact "up the line" says that fixes are coming in the next update, when ever the heck that may be.

Basically I am just venting but for those that are having Sync Gremlins, you are not alone and I feel your pain...
try to get it reflashed?

Randy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2019
Vehicle Showcase
You're 2 builds back from the latest. Pull the latest from the owner portal. Same for you @CoastieN70, it may address some of your issues if you're on an older release.
Where is this owner portal? Ford Pass app? or on the vehicle, ? mine states that automatic updates will download. no?

OP
OP
CoastieN70

CoastieN70

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
Occupation
Retired
try to get it reflashed?
I'm on my second Master Reset. It was very sluggish after the 1st reset and now, after the second Master Reset, it is faster but still a little sluggish compared to my Mustang...

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I'm on my second Master Reset. It was very sluggish after the 1st reset and now, after the second Master Reset, it is faster but still a little sluggish compared to my Mustang...
It would appear that my problem with Sync 3 is the interface between the Sync screen and the back of the front seat.:shock:

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

mntbighker

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4
Mine locks up my iPhone fairly often if I connect it via USB. It has screwed up the phone GPS to the extent that it showed my location in the middle of the bay. I have had to reboot the phone and/or reset Sync3 numerous times. The radio has also locked up solid where it failed to respond to any inputs. It's absolute crap. Things are fairly stable if I never connect the phone. But I think that sort of defeats the purpose. Especially since I don't have the car nav.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Mine locks up my iPhone fairly often if I connect it via USB. It has screwed up the phone GPS to the extent that it showed my location in the middle of the bay. I have had to reboot the phone and/or reset Sync3 numerous times. The radio has also locked up solid where it failed to respond to any inputs. It's absolute crap. Things are fairly stable if I never connect the phone. But I think that sort of defeats the purpose. Especially since I don't have the car nav.
that sounds more like a phone problem; I've had phones previously where the GPS started to just randomly fail.

TGinAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
flagstaffactionshooters.org
Vehicle(s)
Sold '96 Ford Ranger to get a '19 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
https://owner.ford.com/

You can download USB updates from there in the case that the OTA update is not applied.
I've connected to WiFi, touched the check for updates item, and my system has remained on the same older release ever since I got the truck. What gives?

So I downloaded the update from the Ford web site.... those instructions are MUCH more complex than they should be.... geeze, what a pain! (No, I haven't completed it yet.)

TGinAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
One thing you can do is enable Test Settings. Go to the Diag menu (long press seek forward on the EFP and SW), go to Testing Settings, then toggle on "Enable Test Settings". At the bottom of the list you'll have your GPS signal, satellite info etc. This enable toggle will put a tile in the Settings screen to quickly jump to this. Might be of some help if it happens again.
Alright, I give up! What the heck to EFP and SW stand for?

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Escape Hybrid,18' Fusion Hybrid
I've connected to WiFi, touched the check for updates item, and my system has remained on the same older release ever since I got the truck. What gives?
Not fully up on the details, but I had heard something about later builds of v3.3 having some issue with OTA update, but USB was no issue, so go with USB if it's not updating OTA. For your other question, EFP is just the IP interface, so the hard keys, knobs, etc. Electronic Finish Panel. SW is short for steering wheel. Make more sense?

TGinAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Yes, this is much improved in v3.4 from my experience. It can still happen, but the window of opportunity is very small.

I think this is also improved in v3.4, at least I've noticed it less on my cars than when I was on v3.3.
Where the heck are you getting v3.4??? The only thing I see on the Ford site is 3.3.....

TGinAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Not fully up on the details, but I had heard something about later builds of v3.3 having some issue with OTA update, but USB was no issue, so go with USB if it's not updating OTA. For your other question, EFP is just the IP interface, so the hard keys, knobs, etc. Electronic Finish Panel. SW is short for steering wheel. Make more sense?
Yes, thank you, that makes sense.

But a "(long press seek forward on the EFP and SW)"? Is that a ten second hold of the "seek forward" button on either location or both locations? (I'm not in the truck and it's not handy to look/try at the moment.)

TIA!
Sponsored