Silverback

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
After about 12,000 miles I’ve learned that the stock tires on Ranger’s are absolute dogshit. So I’m looking to upgrade them to a 265/70/17, (33’s would be nice but I don’t want to cut the crash bars). What I keep mulling over is whether to get new rims and tires both or to just run the stock rims with a spacer to get the wider stance I’m looking for. I’ve heard some different opinions about running spacers vs offset wheels but some more feedback would be nice.

I’ll attach some pictures below comparing the two (the rims aren’t what im looking for specifically but they’re in the ballpark) I’m looking to get some black Method 305’s for my silver ranger

A153CBC8-01AB-41C1-B887-70E2FC009C91.jpeg

B0490047-A258-4790-A351-42AEB4E4E309.jpeg
Sponsored

jmurph

First Name
jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Ranger
Occupation
Gov
Honestly just depends on what you wanna spend stock wheels look pretty good in my opinion so spacers are cheap way to get the bigger tires, but after market wheels are better but you pay for it.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase

the5Gmartian

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
U.S. Navy
I have 265/70/R17s with a 0 offset and even with the stock crash bars pushed out as far as they can and a leveling kit, I’ll get slight rubbing at full lock (unless I take the plastic covers on the crash bar off).

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
I have 265/70/R17s with a 0 offset and even with the stock crash bars pushed out as far as they can and a leveling kit, I’ll get slight rubbing at full lock (unless I take the plastic covers on the crash bar off).
what tires are you running? It has been widely reported here that we can run 265/70’s in stock form without any rubbing.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
what tires are you running? It has been widely reported here that we can run 265/70’s in stock form without any rubbing.
You’re right Rob, but that’s with stock wheels and their +55mm offset. Some have gotten away with slightly lower offset, but @the5Gmartian is running 0mm offset wheels.

Last edited:

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I have 265/70/17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers with the stock wheels and a 2.5" level. There's no rubbing issues and you don't have to modify the crash bars. The Nittos are much better than the stock tires and very aggressive but still very quiet on the road with zero road noise.

IMG_1405.jpg

IMG_1493.jpg

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Retired
I have 265/70/17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers with the stock wheels and a 2.5" level. There's no rubbing issues and you don't have to modify the crash bars. The Nittos are much better than the stock tires and very aggressive but still very quiet on the road with zero road noise.

IMG_1405.jpg

IMG_1493.jpg
Pure Gold :like:

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Who doesn’t want their truck to look like that? It’s the trifecta for having your cake and eating it too.
  • Lift/Level
  • Stock Wheels
  • Right-sized Tires
Dave manages to get a wider, taller tire for off-roading. His truck has a more aggressive stance. His crash bars are intact and he has no rubbing issues. He wheels the pants off his truck every now and then while using it as his daily driver, so if there were issues, we’d have heard about it by now.

Proof that you don’t have to go big with a lot of poke for your Ranger to look great.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Who doesn’t want their truck to look like that? It’s the trifecta for having your cake and eating it too.
  • Lift/Level
  • Stock Wheels
  • Right-sized Tires
Dave manages to get a wider, taller tire for off-roading. His truck has a more aggressive stance. His crash bars are intact and he has no rubbing issues. He wheels the pants off his truck every now and then while using it as his daily driver, so if there were issues, we’d have heard about it by now.

Proof that you don’t have to go big with a lot of poke for your Ranger to look great.

Thanks Duke! I was in the same dilemma when I first started looking for tires. I really wanted to go up to 33's but being a DD I still wanted to retain good gas mileage and not have to mod or cut the crash bars. I like the look of the stock wheels and with the Saber color I was having a hard time finding ones that would go with it. Getting black wheels really wasn't going to change the look all that much so I saved the money and left them alone.

Now on my Bronco I'll be getting either 33's or 35's, I still don't know what I want yet. lol I'm going to use that mostly for off roading and not a DD so I'm not as concerned with gas mileage.

the5Gmartian

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
U.S. Navy
  • Lift/Level
  • Stock Wheels
  • Right-sized Tires

You need poke to match the flares though lol
B5099269-9A9F-43E6-8DB1-C82265545684.jpeg

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
The cycle never ends!
Ain't that the truth!

You start out buying your Ranger thinking this is the perfect truck until you come on here. Now you look at the thread "What did you receive in the mail today". It's like hmmm I could use a console organizer and that console pad looks nice too. Hey that phone mount is cool lets get that.

Next it's off to the tire and wheel threads and Ohhh look at those nice big tires, I gotta have those!! Then you come across the best mod of all time....The damper. :shock: Now you're in love and just have to have one of those too.??

It's a vicious cycle. ?
Sponsored