Did you order your wheels and tires or did a shop have the wheels and tires in stock?

Lost19Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 PKG
Occupation
Sales
So I have an app one time Saturday to get my bilsteins installed to level my truck and I’m going to be getting wheels and tires after but the shop I’m going to that knows rangers very well as they own 2 and do the work for the dealerships. But he stated most shops don’t keep the wheels in stock and usually have to be ordered.

is this the case with most? He works with the major brands so I have choice but was hoping to go in and say yes to a set lol (unrealistic I know) lmao
Sponsored

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
He's correct. Most keep a few wheels in stock, but if your luck is like mine they won't have what you want. There are tons of companies that sell online if you want to order them yourself, and then have them mounted at a local tire shop. Or, places like Discount Tire can order the wheels, and tires then mount them. There's quite a few options for you. Since you have a "guy" that can help you out I suggest you just search the net for the wheels, and tires you like. Then you'll also have a good idea of the prices.

Here's a couple links you can start with.

https://www.tirerack.com/content/tirerack/desktop/en/homepage.html

https://www.discounttire.com/?&ef_i...OHE2eRDCrwovk4LFvV-vbYR6_BA-2scRoCaygQAvD_BwE

Last edited:

Brisko_Michigan

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
USG
Vehicle Showcase
That has been my experience, at least with the dealership. Wheels, tires, access, etc came from a nearby centralized storage center. Usual the next day.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Tire rack,wheels,sensors,tires,mounted balanced with black wheel weights etc. to my door and done.
‘I did a set of 5,so I could have the matching spare.
Gary, I did the same with a Toyota truck. They showed up in several days. I jacked 'er, and put 'em on. EZPZ.

OP
OP
Lost19Ranger

Lost19Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales
Ok well good to know! As long as his pricing is good I will just go through him. Tires are easy I’ll be going with with general Atx or wildpeak at3/w what ever are better priced looking at 33’s he said I won’t have any rubbing with a 0 to + 12 offset! Now I just need to decide on wheels! I’ll be doing my build when I get everything done! Thanks everyone

Robisten8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4WD, 2021 Bronco Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered my Icon wheels straight from the manufacturer. I'll be buying my tires from Discount whenever the Fox suspension kit arrives.

OP
OP
Lost19Ranger

Lost19Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales
I ordered my Icon wheels straight from the manufacturer. I'll be buying my tires from Discount whenever the Fox suspension kit arrives.
Nice I got lucky my fiancé ordered my bilsteins for Christmas so now just need to figure out what wheels to get and we’re good to go

Robisten8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately there's a 4-6 weeks delay in the Fox Stage 1 package. I wanted a wheel with a bit more offset than the factory 17" Sport wheels. Both for looks and "rubbing" issues.
Nice I got lucky my fiancé ordered my bilsteins for Christmas so now just need to figure out what wheels to get and we’re good to go

OP
OP
Lost19Ranger

Lost19Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales
Unfortunately there's a 4-6 weeks delay in the Fox Stage 1 package. I wanted a wheel with a bit more offset than the factory 17" Sport wheels. Both for looks and "rubbing" issues.
What offset did you go with? I actually have been eyeing a set of icons but I’m eyeing a lot of different wheels too lol. I want a bit of poke not much but definitely more aggressive stance. Seeing as stock is +55 I believe anything less should be good but again I’m looking at 0 to +12.

When I called the shop before he said the shocks are kind of back ordered but I’m happy with my choice for the bilsteins considering the price and reviews. Not as good as fox but not bad either.

Robisten8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What offset did you go with? I actually have been eyeing a set of icons but I’m eyeing a lot of different wheels too lol. I want a bit of poke not much but definitely more aggressive stance. Seeing as stock is +55 I believe anything less should be good but again I’m looking at 0 to +12.

When I called the shop before he said the shocks are kind of back ordered but I’m happy with my choice for the bilsteins considering the price and reviews. Not as good as fox but not bad either.
After looking at other owners showcases and setups, I decided that a +25 offset is what I was looking for. I will most likely go with 285/70/17 Falken Wildpeak A/T. I don't have a problem trimming or completely removing the crash bars, especially the fronts.

OP
OP
Lost19Ranger

Lost19Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales
After looking at other owners showcases and setups, I decided that a +25 offset is what I was looking for. I will most likely go with 285/70/17 Falken Wildpeak A/T. I don't have a problem trimming or completely removing the crash bars, especially the fronts.
I’m still debating what tire but will be the same size pretty much. But the shop I’m going to keeps the crash bars but cuts them to an angle like the aftermarket ones.

y2krtaf

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Aircraft mechanic
Gary, I did the same with a Toyota truck. They showed up in several days. I jacked 'er, and put 'em on. EZPZ.
For sure Jim,this is the 4th set of wheels and tires I’ve ordered direct from them,and have been happy.
‘I have also used their pricing etc. to get a competitive price from Discount and others.
Sponsored