Spray In , Drop In, Factory Which bed are you?

Spray In , Drop In, Factory Which bed are you?

• Total voters

mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercab, Nissan Rogue
Got the factory bedliner. Should serve the purpose for now. Couple interesting videos.

This one from Ford, dated 2017 but the process should be the same on the Rangers

This, one of the many for Linex, but it shows them ripping out..somewhat easily.. a Ford spray-in bedliner then prep and spray of the Linex. If I had to do it over again, I'd just get the Linex, but the good news is the Ford one will hold up long enough for me to decide if I'm keeping the truck or not. If I keep it and the liner is damaged, it's pretty easy for Linex to take off and spray in a new one.

Sponsored

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 MB GLE350, 2006 Porsche Cayman S
Vehicle Showcase
I'm curious how the mats don't just trap moisture against the bed.
The bed is ribbed and provides sufficient space for water to reach the drain holes in the bed. Never had an issue with mine whether it was over a spary in liner or bare painted bed. I use the OEM Rubber Bed MAT, not the bed rug. Thick rubber which looks like the kind of rubber sandwhich used in tire treads!

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Got the factory bedliner. Should serve the purpose for now. Couple interesting videos.

This, one of the many for Linex, but it shows them ripping out..somewhat easily.. a Ford spray-in bedliner then prep and spray of the Linex. If I had to do it over again, I'd just get the Linex, but the good news is the Ford one will hold up long enough for me to decide if I'm keeping the truck or not. If I keep it and the liner is damaged, it's pretty easy for Linex to take off and spray in a new one.
Wow - after watching those videos (especially the second one where the factory bedliner just kind of peeled off) makes me glad I didn't get the factory one. If I get a spray in liner in the future it will most likely be a Line-X (what I have in my current Ranger). It has held up exceptionally well.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Wow - after watching those videos (especially the second one where the factory bedliner just kind of peeled off) makes me glad I didn't get the factory one. If I get a spray in liner in the future it will most likely be a Line-X (what I have in my current Ranger). It has held up exceptionally well.
I didn't watch the videos but when you say peel off, unlike a Line-X application, Ford may not rough up the bed before applying the liner.

Last edited:

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't watch the videos but when you say peel off, unlike a Line-X application, Ford may not rough up the bed before applying the liner.
They do not - the first video showed the prep - they spray something to promote adhesion, but don't rough up the bed. The second video shows how much better the roughing up works to adhere the material.

Bampest

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150 XLT Crewcab
Occupation
Owner,Operator BAM Pest Control Services Inc.
Vehicle Showcase
I went with a drop in liner due to the electric connection that came with it in the bed I have a pump and a reel that will be back there and i don't have to run wire to the battery

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
Ford spray-in. Let's see how it holds up after a couple years. I don't anticipate my usage will destroy it, but if it does, I'll pull it out for a Line-X

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Ford spray-in. Let's see how it holds up after a couple years. I don't anticipate my usage will destroy it, but if it does, I'll pull it out for a Line-X
I do love the Ford emblem on cab wall. My Line-X shop tried to get that molded piece but couldn't.

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
I do love the Ford emblem on cab wall. My Line-X shop tried to get that molded piece but couldn't.
I'm still totally confused on how that only comes on beds with the spray-in. Anyone know if there is a reason for that?

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm still totally confused on how that only comes on beds with the spray-in. Anyone know if there is a reason for that?
I think someone said it was a plastic piece they put in before spraying the bedliner. And someone tried to source it, but was unable to find a part number. Sounds like the ONLY way to get it is to get the factory bedliner.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
GM does the same thing, to brand the factory bedliner.

Ranger12

First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Installed a bed rug liner with a BakFlip MX4 tonneau cover. Very satisfied so far.

khyros

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Crewcab FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Going with factory paint and the OEM bedmat. I'd want the bed mat anyways to help keep things in place, and I figured if I end up banging up the bed, I'll add a spray in later. But its primary use is as a DD and a weekend warrior, so I shouldn't have much of a concern with beating up the bed.
Sponsored