Spray In , Drop In, Factory Which bed are you?

Spray In , Drop In, Factory Which bed are you?

• Total voters

rwjrn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Huh? I emailed them and they have liners for the 2019 Rangers. You must have gotten the wrong person.

"The 2019 Ford Rangers are currently available and can be ordered through your nearest retailer.

5'0" 2019 Ford Ranger - 63105SRX (Pendaliner) / 0050295X (Duraliner)
6'0" 2019 Ford Ranger - 63106SRX (Pendaliner) / 0050296X (Duraliner)"
Wow. Guess I did speak with the wrong person. It wasn't on the website and the chat now person punted me to the person I talked to. Oh well, their loss. I went with a BedRug and I'm pretty happy with it.
Sponsored

Kev7

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Bedrug for me I love it and cargo doesn’t slide around.

beetlespin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Supercrew FX4
Not sure the bedrug would work for me. One load of mulch dumped in the bed and it would be destroyed. Can you shovel mulch, dirt or stone out of that?

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure the bedrug would work for me. One load of mulch dumped in the bed and it would be destroyed. Can you shovel mulch, dirt or stone out of that?
I've not had one before, but they say you can. I asked for a sample of the material, and I did some testing, trying to simulate shoveling gravel off of it. It did hold up well - and just a squirt with the hose and it looked new again. I ordered one yesterday. I figured that the worst that would happen is that I would trash it and I would end up getting a spray in liner again - but it will protect the bed for sure. It is cheaper than a spray in and it looks better I think. I've read a lot of people who say they are almost indestructible. It does look like carpet but it isn't - it is plastic. The only real negative I've heard is when you put in wood - the chips can kind of hook into the fibers and be difficult to remove. But some people just say to throw down a tarp when you want to do that.

Robin

First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Warning - Ford Spray In Bed Liners coat the six tie downs making it impossible to remove them. This means you can't use the tie down bolts to install accessories like the UnderCover Swing Case (also sold under the Ford Brand name at Ford.com). If you do manage to remove (I can't imagine how) the bolts, Ford says you void the warranty on the bed liner.

Pat McGrath

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 4X4 XLT Supercrew
Vehicle Showcase
I had a bed rug in my F-150 for over 12 years. I realize it was covered with a cap. The only problem I had with it was pine needles. They are almost impossible to get out of the material.

RangerCat

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Warning - Ford Spray In Bed Liners coat the six tie downs making it impossible to remove them. This means you can't use the tie down bolts to install accessories like the UnderCover Swing Case (also sold under the Ford Brand name at Ford.com). If you do manage to remove (I can't imagine how) the bolts, Ford says you void the warranty on the bed liner.
This is bad news. Where did you read that removing a tie-down voids the warranty? I ordered a SwingCase and now I am afraid to install it.

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
IMG_20190417_172946.jpg
I did spray in with bedrug mat. Best of both worlds.

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
IMG_20190417_172946.jpg
I did spray in with bedrug mat. Best of both worlds.
One caution about the bedrug. I carried a wrecked motorcycle in one and it leaked all it's synthetic oil into the Bedrug. I used degreaser by the gallon but the hot sun would draw that oil back to the surface. To me the advantage of the spray in and the mat is that the mat can be easily removed if you need to carry something extremely nasty. A full Bedrug is a little harder to remove especially if you bolt the tie downs through it.The rest of the time the mat is great padding for some of the more fragile things that I carry.

Last edited:

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered the spray-in as part of the Black Appearance Package. I probably will not haul much in my truck, but I like to sit around on the back end and watch the river flow, and I figure that will be much more comfortable on a liner. Some folks said that the drop-ins can trap water and facilitate rusting, and so I wanted to avoid that. Truck will be delivered in mid-August, and so I will not know how this works out until then....

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
I bought the Tractor supply mat. I like the fact that it has a little stickyness to it so things dont slide around. When you put on the swing away you remove two bed hooks and put them back on. They have torks heads so it may be a problem to get them off if you have a sprayed on bed-liner and when they spray on the bed liner did they fill the threaded holed on the bed upright near the tail gate? Not a fan of spray on bed liners but if you must then you need to supervise the application so bed hooks and threaded holes etc are not sprayed over. I dont know what the warranty is on the bed liner but I would argue like he double toothpics if the installation of the swingaway voided that warranty.

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2024 Escape ST-Line
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
I ordered the spray-in liner. I figured that I cannot go wrong even if I later add a bed mat.

dmeyer302

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
What is the factory bed liner warranty anyway? Will they fix chips and gouges? Only during the 3/36 period?