Spray In , Drop In, Factory Which bed are you?

Spray In , Drop In, Factory Which bed are you?

• Total voters

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
I went with Bed rug, plastic fiber cloth mix I think. One plus to a rug over a mat is that’s it lighter. Downside is if you spill motor oil on it like I did you can’t hardly get it out, or may not. I’ve washed this sucker twice and scrubbed it with Dawn detergent and it’s still in there. Plus, you can’t see where the oil is!

I may end up removing it and doing a spray in.
Sponsored

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
Mine came with the Ford plastic liner and I toyed with the idea of pulling it and getting LineX... but now that I've been hauling all kinds of crap from/to the farm I'm happy with the ugly assed liner for now. Down the road maybe I'll update (bed rails need refreshing some day plus the wolfhaus 12V adapter needs going in) but I'm really abusing the bed now.
I had this type of liner in my old 97Ranger. Great bed protector but you don’t know what’s underneath. That always bugged me.
My new Ranger came with one and I really didn’t care for it just for that reason.
I added a folding bed cover and was going to have to trim the bed liner to make it work, that was my excuse to remove it.
I tried to sell it on CL but no luck, I gave to a fellow who was going to load fire wood in it and haul it out of the woods with his tractor.

remtv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT , 2001 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Engineer, Student
I just got mine done by line-x for 591 for standard , I will be getting some kind of cover, but I probably should have just spent the extra 80 bucks for premium (675). Felt kind of pricey imo, but the 2 other line x dealers in neighboring cities want even more, Rhino liner is with in 20 bucks around here and threes a place that sprays superliner who never messaged me back as well as a place called Fred's trucks who will spray an unspecified material for 500.

Too late now, but for the guys with bedrugs, do you think there is any issues putting it on over a bed that already has scratches, I kinda wish had just went with the full rug as it still 400 ish these days but I managed to scratch my bed up with coolers a couple of 2x4s(even with cardboard back there) and was concerned about rust if I just threw a rug over it.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
This is a bit of an update, as I have had my Ranger since summer 2019. I had the OEM spray-in done before I picked up the truck, and I have not regretted it. That being said, I do not haul much and have no opinion how it would stand up to regular punishment or sand, rocks, etc.

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
Factory drop-in. Truck came with it. If I was ordering I would have left it off and got the bed extender instead. Used bed mats in all my other trucks.

ChopprJock

First Name
Lyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, FX4, Sport, Tow Packages
Occupation
Aero Engineer / Ops Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Bought mine off the lot and it had a "dealer installed" drop-in, which meant no power port. I ditched the plastic liner and had Line-X installed at a local shop, then added the Wofhaus power plug. Couldn't be happier...

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
"Spray-on" although I'll be doing it myself and save $500.

VTRanger

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT SuperCrew
Mine came with a spray liner, it's really annoying that all the bolt holes are filled with spray, but I do like the protection.
Sponsored