First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I'm not sure if it has been posted or not but does anyone here have the drop-in bed liner from Ford? I have been considering it but I am not a big fan of how the hooks in the bed are hidden and wanted some input on this.
Sponsored

cactuss4

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4 SuperCab
I have it. Bought the truck off the lot with it installed already. Would have rather had a spray in.

Scoopo

First Name
Scoop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew
Occupation
IT Support Technician
Mine came with it. Dealer install.
I was not at all happy until I progressed far enough in my negotiations to actually go to this particular dealership and saw it myself. It has quickly grown on me.
It's heavy duty like they've always been but really fits a lot better than the one in my dad's old 1995 F-150. These guys will take a beating that would damage the bed and spray-in liner of another truck.
Yes, stuff can slide around.. but the addition of a Bed Extender (LOVE that!) and a load lock bar I got for like $25 before I got the B/E allow me to secure anything I've yet hauled. And I haven't even needed the hooks yet.
As for the hooks, they're easily accessible through the holes and the holes have waterproof rubber plugs that look good when inserted.
As to the use of the hooks through said holes.. I cannot yet say as I haven't used them so far. I don't see any problem with it.

marlowefamily

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Expedition, 2017 C-Max, 2020 Ranger
My new ranger came with a built-in bed liner rather than spray on...but apparently I'm not supposed to complain because it's free...

Quick questions:

Is it compatible with the Retrax PowerPro XR retracting bed cover?

If not, I'll probably rip it out for Line-x. One YouTube video says the Bedliner is incompatible with all Ford bedcovers and I'm not sure why...

Second, is the Ford bed extender compatible?

Third, if I needed to securely lock down a giant portable hard plastic dog kennel on the builtin bed liner... what is the best method and would it stay secure and stable?

gcan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
100% get a spray in, I purchased the drop in and regret it.....makes the bed even smaller, tie down access is a pain, and also has everything sliding all over the place

beetlespin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Supercrew FX4
I have the drop in and I really like it.

I like how easy it is to clean after you haul mulch or topsoil. A quick spray with the hose and it's back to looking new. When I sold my 2013 F-150 with the drop in it still looked new, that's why I got another.

Only thing I am not crazy about is how they did the hooks. With my 2013 Ford F-150 you removed the hooks, installed the liner and reinstalled the hooks. With this one the hooks are behind the rubber covers.

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
I HATE drop-in bedliners. I got a spray-in bedliner in my new Ranger. So much better. I got a Rhino Lining one, since the truck didn't come with the spray-in liner from the factory. It had a naked bed on the lot, and I wasn't going to keep that for long. The local Rhino Lining shop is who my dealer worked with.

My last Ranger had a basic rubber mat on the bottom which was nice to prevent sliding, but didn't do anything to protect the sides. I got a Herculiner paint-on bedliner on it and it was only okay.

samsd

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4 HPR, 2016 Town and Country, 2004 Road King Custom
Occupation
Retired
Have the drop in liner, just came with the truck. The plus side is the 12 volt power outlet that I understand only came with the drop in, Stuff does slide around but have a 2x4 cut and placed to the rear to keep things close to the gate and made a long hook out of stiff wire with an old Harley footpeg for a handle to grab stuff that works it way forward. Works for me so think I will keep it although the spray in looks nicer.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I usually don't keep my trucks all that long so I opt for the drop in bed liners. I just use the rubber bed mat in them so nothing slides all around. Like others have said one nice part is when you're carrying dirt or mulch you can just hose it out and it cleans up quick. For light debris I just take an air hose and it cleans up in seconds. Once I finally retire and keep my truck longer than 3 years I will get a spray in liner. I will still use the rubber bed mat because it helps when you're in the bed and kneeling on the rough surface and will still help prevent heavy stuff from sliding all around.

Rangerjoel94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCab
I purchased a Ford drop-in liner with my Ford Pass points. I had one during my 24 year ownership of my 94" Ranger and was impressed by its durability through the years.

That being said, I am wanting to instal a Ford sports bar (I like the old-school look over the newer rally bars) and was wondering if anyone here knows if it is compatible with the drop-in liner. If so, what needs to be done with the liner, if anything, to install the sports bar? Thanks in advance!

austinb324

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Im kicking myself now. I should have posted on this site. I ripped my stock drop in out last year and had it in storage. Then when I moved recently I just took it to the dump. I really dont like the way drop ins rub against the paint and hold moisture/grime underneath them. And it also was a blocker to getting a clean install on my bed cover without modifications.

Chuck Lau

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger...2005 Mustang Steeda
Occupation
Retired
I usually don't keep my trucks all that long so I opt for the drop in bed liners. I just use the rubber bed mat in them so nothing slides all around. Like others have said one nice part is when you're carrying dirt or mulch you can just hose it out and it cleans up quick. For light debris I just take an air hose and it cleans up in seconds. Once I finally retire and keep my truck longer than 3 years I will get a spray in liner. I will still use the rubber bed mat because it helps when you're in the bed and kneeling on the rough surface and will still help prevent heavy stuff from sliding all around.
Hi AZ;
I also have a drop-In Ford liner and actually like it for clean up purposes. It does hurt my knees....Did you just buy a rubber mat like a Dee Zee to put on top of your bed liner? Did you Have to trim it ? I need something for my Old Knee's....Just wondering what the best would be.
Thanks

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Hi AZ;
I also have a drop-In Ford liner and actually like it for clean up purposes. It does hurt my knees....Did you just buy a rubber mat like a Dee Zee to put on top of your bed liner? Did you Have to trim it ? I need something for my Old Knee's....Just wondering what the best would be.
Thanks

Hey Chuck, Yes I have a bed mat in there also but I just used the one I had in my Tacoma. I read that some bought a rubber mat from Harbor Freight and it worked out good for them. It does save your knees and also keeps stuff from flying all around back there as the drop in liner is slippery.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
I’ve had both. Since 97 Ranger had a drop in as that’s all that was offered back then I learned to live with it. Over the 23 years I owned the truck it really never got any better, in fact over time it got worse! Dirt and sand got underneath and paint etched off until rust started.

4 years ago pulled it out and my son said we should lineX paint it. Why not I thought. It worked way better and was quieter to!

2020 Ranger appears and without second thought going for the lineX this time out of the gates for all the reasons above!

jjk2020

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport Extended Cab
Occupation
Retired
I purchased my 2020 Ranger Lariet extended cab w/sport pkg and 501a pkg 3 weeks ago.
I asked for a Tanneau cover and a drop-in bed liner. I had to wait 10 days for the Tanneau.
The drop-in bed liner looked good BUT it was warped in the middle and at the end of the bed where it meets the tailgate. I asked for a replacement, but the dealer said this is common and they can not guarantee another one would not be warped. They suggested their Rhino spray-in. They said they would credit me for the drop-in and I need only pay for the difference. They said the difference would be around $300.00. They also said I would be much happier with that product as opposed to the drop-in.
It's being done tomorrow. I'll let everyone know how it turns out.
Sponsored